Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for aphro's passive

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Suggestion for aphro's passive

So with the current passive aphro has now she can't really do much and no one even notices her passive unless she have mana buff, mana pots or meditation. I hope everyone would give their suggestion on what aphro's passive should change to. In the meanwhile, here's my suggestion:

Adapting love
    As the goddess of love, in the battlefield aphro will have to constantly change soulmate. Aphro's love adapts depending on which class her soul mates are, giving each different classes different buff while their her soul mate.

Hunter- Whenever a hunter becomes aphro's soulmate, 10% percent of aphro's mana will be converted to her soulmate.

Assasin- Whenever an assasin becomes aphro's soulmate, their damage will be increased by 5% for as long as they are still her soulmate

Mage- Whenever a mage becomes her soulmate, their damage will be increased by 10%.

Tank- Whenever a tank becomes her soulmate, 10% of aphro's health would be converted to her soulmate.

Warrior- whenever a warrior becomes her soulmate, their physical and magical protection would be increased by 3%

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think everyone can agree that she needs a new passive. If she's played at all, she's played in solo lane, which makes her passive completely useless.

That said, I like your idea, but I really think that a passive should at least help Aphrodite herself since she's so often alone. I'd like any of the following four passives:

1) Aphrodite and her soul mate cannot have their healing reduced by more than 50%.

2) Aphrodite cannot be knocked into the air (unless it's like Ne Zha ult or something lol).

3) Aphrodite and her soul mate do not have a movement speed penalty when moving backwards or strafing.

4) Aphrodite gains +20% movement speed for 2 seconds after casting an ability (does not stack).

It would be great if any of the 4 replace her current passive. But seriously, if Aphrodite's passive is changed at all, it couldn't possibly be worse than it is now, so I'm hoping they do something with it.

Side note - Another big reason why I don't like the current passive is because it revolves around one skill: Kiss. Kiss provides movement speed to Aphrodite and her soul mate. The movement speed part is interchangeable with the passive mana regen to her soul mate. A "passive" isn't a "passive" if its description could fit into one skill. Another great example of this is Guan Yu's passive. Hopefully, Aphrodite, Guan Yu, and all other gods that have this problem get new passives during season 2.

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Here passive will be much more remarkable now, when she plays a support and there is no blue buff.
    Sure it is not that good and does not help her, but at least it was buffed indirectly.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    Here passive will be much more remarkable now, when she plays a support and there is no blue buff.
    Sure it is not that good and does not help her, but at least it was buffed indirectly.
    I'm not quite sure how removing two mana buffs from the map helps her passive?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Afilia View Post
    I'm not quite sure how removing two mana buffs from the map helps her passive?
    Until now most of the time the adc picked up the manabuff. Which gave a LOT of mana.
    So even if they had Aphrodite as a support, her passive was not remarkable.
    But now after this changes, Hunters have less mana and, therefore, they will remark the passive of an aphrodite support more.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I think her passive is fine as it is. Sure, it doesn't get much use in the start of the solo-lane, but as the time passes and people group more, she can help a player decent with mana.

I think changing you have to be very careful. Like giving her the ability to remove strafing debuff with Awilix might be too strong depending on that is played.

Maybe her passive can grant whoever she is linked to CC reduction? Or they'd share a percentage of the mana used from their skills, which works visa versa.
    I use a skill that cost 60 mana, Aphro gets 20 mana. ect.

Achievements:
    I like your ideas. The reason why I feel like the passive needs to be changed is because by the time farming phase is over, mana is already significantly less important than it was early game (early game, a skill can take 25% of your mana, mid-late game, that same skill takes like 5%). Even with a large amount of MP5, Aphrodite would have to be linked to someone for a long time, say a minute, just to give her soul mate enough mana to use one skill. Aphrodite constantly switches between soul mates, especially late game, and rarely has one early game. The passive just isn't good.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    Until now most of the time the adc picked up the manabuff. Which gave a LOT of mana.
    So even if they had Aphrodite as a support, her passive was not remarkable.
    But now after this changes, Hunters have less mana and, therefore, they will remark the passive of an aphrodite support more.
    Then isn't hel better???

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefiable View Post
    Then isn't hel better???
    Hels single target heal is worse. Also the manareg of aphrodite scales with items.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

Achievements:
    But the new map isn't out yet and plus its actually quite little unless u hv mana pot or mp5 items(i doubt any aphro would by chronos pendant as their first item) or the mana buff(which is now removed from duo) or meditation(but you'll lose an active slot) and what happen if she's played in solo??