Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Anime

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DBZ and tenchi muyo on cartoon network back when i was like...8

I didn't have much interest in it back then, i would rather go play outside on my bike.

That was back when it used this logo

I really got into it when toonami was showing trigun, cowboy bebop, inuyasha, and yu yu hakusho... I remember when it was taken off, then adult swim breaks would be a life guard screaming "Adult swim only!"

Made me sad, since i loved that robot guy.

Ah the good old times... I remember sitting in that room playing final fantasy 8, and a fking scorpion fell off from the ceiling into the middle of the floor. Scared the sht out of me. Texas... Gotta love it. >>"

Lets get real nerdy. Who's your favorite artists??

Here's a bucketlist from me

Tony Taka - Best Known for Shining series (Shining Tears, Shining Blade, etc...) and Fate Stay Series
    Hayao Miyazaki - Best known for Totoro, Nausicaa, and Howls Moving Castle
    Miura Kentaro - Best known for Berserk
    Park Jin-hwan - Best known for The Breaker manhwa
    Inoue Takehiko - Best known for Vegabond
    Yang Kyung-il - Best known for Shin Angyo Onshi, Area D, and Defense Devil
    Asada Hiroyuki - Best known for Letter Bee
    Samura Hiroaki - Best known for Blade of the Immortal
    Oh! Great - Love his art, but the man has serious issues... (Air gear and Tenjou Tenge)
    Tang Chi Fai - Best known for Feng Shen Ji
    Last edited by KingScuba; 01-24-2015 at 08:22 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Favorite Artist, huh?
    Let's see:

Seo Kouji
    Sasuga Kei
    Kitakawa Touta
    Park Jin-hwan
    Shun Saeki
    Sorachi Hideaki

Dat Korean artist has a pretty interesting art style different than the usual manhwa I saw in South Korea.

Seo Kouji my favorite artist and author of Fuuka, Suzuka, and Kimi no Iru Machi.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 01-24-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Sasuga Kei is also one of my all time favorites. His art is downright sexy. I love how he shades, and his plots are kick ass too

Domestic na Kanojo is one of the ones in my NEED MORE NOW list.

also, Kitakawa Touta... i can only find hentai from that.. any published mangos?
    Last edited by KingScuba; 01-24-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    Sasuga Kei is also one of my all time favorites. His art is downright sexy. I love how he shades, and his plots are kick ass too

Domestic na Kanojo is one of the ones in my NEED MORE NOW list.

also, Kitakawa Touta... i can only find hentai from that.. any published mangos?
    Kitakawa Touta published Dead Tube, Seishun Pop, and other obscure horror manga aside from the usual hentai that he draws.

He draws some pretty crazy manga. I recommend Dead Tube for the wtf moments. Seishun Pop is a romance type of manga with real life themes.

Domestic Kanojo is pretty nice, but it's all over the place with the romance like his previous works.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 01-24-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Domestic aka mojo is pretty nice, but it's all over the place with the romance like his previous works.
    i've never really found the romance 'all over the place'... I always felt that the relationships were pretty logical. Complex might be a better word, since he doesn't just focus on 2 or 3characters like most romance novels, but focuses on a cast of 6+ characters (I think G-E was like 12 characters)

With the current plot, he's got 3 girls as the main focus, 1 being unrequited, 2 being possibilities...

Felt the same way with G-E... everything felt like it happened for a reason.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 01-24-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Favorite artist eh? 3 come to mind. :P

UPLIFT SPICE
    Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas (the band, not the movie)
    MY FIRST STORY
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TenWildVulpix's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Granted what was the first anime you guys ever watched?

Mine is Tenchi Muyou, how nostalgic that anime was and I was inclined to read the manga as well.

Second was Yu Yu Hakusho, and finally was DBZ and Inuyasha. Ruruoni Kenshin didn't come in my life until middle year in middle school.

After reading tidbits of Gravity (yaoi manga) back in my final year of middle school I kinda stayed away from manga until back in the middle year of my high school. Anime club in high school was really fun, but it was such a huge and exclusive club that you had to be the first to sign up. After that anime was part of my daily life.
    I want to say early 90s Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. It came on right before school, so I'd get up at 6am to watch it while I got ready. DBZ, YYH, Tenchi Muyo, and Blue Sub. NO. 6 are other anime I remember, but I can't place a time on them.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildVulpix View Post
    I want to say early 90s Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. It came on right before school, so I'd get up at 6am to watch it while I got ready. DBZ, YYH, Tenchi Muyo, and Blue Sub. NO. 6 are other anime I remember, but I can't place a time on them.
    Omg, I forgot about Sailor Moon. When I was a kid I saw bits and pieces of it, but I didn't like the art style and it wasn't appealing for a guy like me to watch a show seemingly targeting little girls. I heard some disturbing things about that it originally was a hentai? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Omg, I forgot about Sailor Moon. When I was a kid I saw bits and pieces of it, but I didn't like the art style and it wasn't appealing for a guy like me to watch a show seemingly targeting little girls. I heard some disturbing things about that it originally was a hentai? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    there's more hentais about sailor moon than coins in scrooge mcduck's money pool.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Don't really watch anime that much, but those I liked were:
    Hellsing (and Hellsing Ultimate), Black Lagoon, Claymore, Mononoke Hime, Legend of Korra, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and Ghost in the Shell (atm watching the series)

I'd like some recommendations about an anime that has lots and lots of violence and gore, but little to no drama (like Hellsing). Also no schoolgirl uniforms, I fucking hate those.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 01-25-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions