Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: The real reason why people hate playing support/tank in any game mode

  1. #31
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    Except that you quit.
    Must I really write in past tense now?

    Meaning...

    This doesn't mean I can't hang around and share my experiences and strategies. Don't salt me out bro.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  2. #32
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AdonisBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    76
    2
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    A good support makes or breaks the game. They may not be the carry but support is the leader and calls the shots/plays

    I care for my support. When hes killing himself for the team to run and live or happens to be mis-positioned. I will try to give him some leeway and help him get out alive. Many do not do this which is fine but without him


    whos gunna ward? cuz you sure aint =]

    jokes aside support gets no love. Pull off an amazing play but apollos gets all the kills? Nobody cares you what YOU started just give Apollo the "you rocks"

    gg

  3. #33
    Senior Member Chosen Agent2090's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    7
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Must I really write in past tense now?
    There will come a time when you may have to. When the map changes come through for example. If it changes the game as much as people say it might, your past experiences will become outdated.

    Of course, that refers only to game mechanics and such. And it assumes that you don't reinstall the game.
    Support Main.

  4. #34
    Member Follower RazaqMzale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tanzania
    Posts
    219
    2
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Ive retired from playing that role. You really are nothing more than a meat shield in many cases. I hate tanking all the damage and having nobody come to help me when Im close to dying. I'm supposed to save everybody all the fucking time but when I need help, "Nope, gotta get this jungle buff first". You're not just there as a meat shield, you're an emotional punching bag. You're the one they blame when they kamikaze 1v5 and you know there is no way you can save them, then they die and blame you for not saving them. Youre the one they blame when you spam VRR because your wards are done and the adc cant stop pushing and you get that inkling like youre about to be ganked. They keep pushing and die and bam, your fault.

    It's also exhausting playing support with ungrateful retarded carries. Support is the only role I main pre-made, if I'm in solo queue i'll just play mid or solo or jungle. I'll never play support in solo queue unless I have no choice. Too many retarded monkey carries in this game. I am waiting for a support that can literally pull a friendly towards them, so I can stop them from pushing when the wards are off. When that one comes out, ill main the shit out of them.


    Just because you suck with a god does not mean they need a buff.


  5. #35
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2090 View Post
    There will come a time when you may have to. When the map changes come through for example. If it changes the game as much as people say it might, your past experiences will become outdated.

    Of course, that refers only to game mechanics and such. And it assumes that you don't reinstall the game.
    The only change there is is that duo blue becomes purple, and Order speed is on the other side. After that, it's the exact same (as far as strategy and player problems go).
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chosen Agent2090's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    7
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    The only change there is is that duo blue becomes purple, and Order speed is on the other side. After that, it's the exact same (as far as strategy and player problems go).
    Just an example. Simply saying that the longer you don't play the game the less relevant your past experience with the game will become. Especially if new changes come along.
    Support Main.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2090 View Post
    Just an example. Simply saying that the longer you don't play the game the less relevant your past experience with the game will become. Especially if new changes come along.
    Yeah, I got that. The thing is that I address mainly player problems, nothing much with strategy and meta and stuff. Player problems persist are applicable to anything, map overhaul or not.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,747
    16
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    14
    Why the hell do people keep calling him out? Don't you have anything better to do, or better arguments to make?

  9. #39
    Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    7,083
    20
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    I don't ask for respect or gratitude. The roles
    I'm trying to learn are mid and support because they're hard to play and make a big difference. Everyone wants to play adc, everyone wants to play solo, everyone wants to play jungle. Less players want to play mid and virtually nobody wants to play support.

    Players want to play solo over mid because they feel like they're having a duel, and hate team-based gameplay.

    Players want to play adc over mid because they think they're badasses.

    Players want to play jungle over mid because they think they're lone wolves.
    Wrong. Only someone who knows he can hit basics consistently go ADC(or I just go merc). I doubt someone who hit 10% of hunters basics would ever consider ADC.


    Ah, perhaps móre players would play mid if it wóuldn't be mage only. And I assure you, not everyone likes mages.

    I play mid because it's incredibly important.
    .

    Well, why don't you say you like burst mages? Mid is as important as the other roles.


    Solo bring you either another frontliner, either another dmg source.
    Mid bring you the backline artillery and some CC
    Jungler bring you either the hyper-carry, either another CC source, either an insta-gibber.
    The duo lane brings the carry and the front-line.


    So if I like to be a frontliner I will go solo. If I want to be a **** and snipe ppl from 100km I go mid. Simple as that. And ppl prefer being frontliners and in the middle of the action rather than sniping down from 100km

  10. #40
    Member Follower Bane1778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    156
    3
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    I hate playing Tank because even though I'm good at it I get zero praise and get blamed for every death. Just last Arena game I had the highest Assists on my team, saved many teammate's lives by mezing the enemies behind them, and all the Hou Yi does is go "omg tank help pls". Seriously? Are people this stupid? I'm running around mezing their squishies, rooting them, poking them, and ulting squishies as well and all Hou Yi continues to do is go "omg shit Kumbha doesnt help at all". He continued to harass me all game, especially when he died, it was apparently always my fault. We ended up winning, but it's players like that Hou Yi who really grind my gears. Post game I called him out by pointing out that I had more kill+assists and less deaths and told people to report him for harassment, but I doubt they did. I will Tank if no one else on the team does, but I hate doing it due to the huge blame the Tank gets if the game goes south.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •