Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The real reason why people hate playing support/tank in any game mode

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

The real reason why people hate playing support/tank in any game mode

Its not because of the stupid halo/cod mind set, its not cause we don't get many kills. Its simply because 90% of the player base sees the support/tank as nothing more than a meat shield, they don't see us being the valuable and very needed team mate we are. This is why support is the least picked role.

I love playing support, I love tanking, I love helping my team mates get tons of kills, but the one thing I hate is when I'm used as a meat shield and then when I'm close to death do you eve bother to help me as you walk past me in the jungle? No you don't you ignore me I served my task in blocking their attacks. Hell to be completely honest being used as a meat shield wouldn't be half as insulting IF WE WOULD GET SOME THANKS FOR IT AND NOT BM "Oh thanks ________ I'm glad you took all those pot shots so I wouldn't get killed, YOU ROCK!" "Gee thanks _________ if you hadn't been my shield when ______chased me I would've been dead for sure!" All we support players ask is for a little respect and gratitude for tanking everything in the game.

I had an assault match where I was told I'm not tanking good enough. I literally tanked all the enemy ults, their minions, their tower, and their titan almost constantly. I had 89k damage taken but yet do I get a thanks for doing all that? Nope I get bm. Just now I had a conq match on the pts (was checking out the new map, which btw screw you hi-rez for not adding a practice option to check it out in, kinda hard to check it out when people are killing me) First off no one said they wanted supp but me then at the last minute someone asks if they can have it, being the nice person I am I said "Sure, what roles are left?" I was told jungle was left "I can play jungle but its my worst role, I don't do very well in it" So then they person says never mind. Ok fine whatever. Then our cupid just uses me like I'm just another jungle buff "I better get sobek over here to be a meat shield for me that way I don't die as much as I should for playing cupid in the first place " Then our solo lane thor (yeah solo lane he one god I would think would be super good at solo and as it turns out this one wasn't) wanted to bm me when I died saying "Sobek=easy kill".

And yet people ask why no one likes to play support, people ask why when it comes to roles practiced support is very rarely if ever practiced. Show your support/tank the respect they deserve and maybe just maybe people will start playing support more.
    I speak and put things in a very blunt manner, if I come across as insulting its generally not intended, unless I specify otherwise.

Support League Arena Today!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...es-for-support

Top 10 Favorite Gods
    1.) Anubis
    2.) Ao Kuang
    3.) Sobek
    4.) Loki
    5.) Agni
    6.) Odin
    7.) Hades
    8.) Ullr
    9.) Artemis
    10.) Sylvanus

Still waiting for Achilles to be added to the game.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    for me why im not playing support is that role for me its just super booring no fun at all i almost always fell asleep if im support with any guardian this is why i try to play a support role with the god i know how to play than its atleast fun for me
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Maybe thats just my reason for not wanting to play support anymore idk though. One thing I do know is I'm sick of the lack of respect the support gets anymore. It needs to change if people want support to not be shunned and avoided.
    I speak and put things in a very blunt manner, if I come across as insulting its generally not intended, unless I specify otherwise.

Top 10 Favorite Gods
    1.) Anubis
    2.) Ao Kuang
    3.) Sobek
    4.) Loki
    5.) Agni
    6.) Odin
    7.) Hades
    8.) Ullr
    9.) Artemis
    10.) Sylvanus

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Supports OP. I`ll always remember how I carried the team with support Athena. I`ll never forget. And I have to say something to all complaints, even the ones with "supports have no gold and can`t buy all the time wards". Actually they can. And I think people get bored to support role when they play a God/Goddess they don`t like. And I say it`s hard to be a good support because he basically has to be everywhere.
    I'm a dancer,
    a Scorpio,
    and Arachne is my Bae <3

Sidename: dbK

Achievements:
    Its pretty easy to have gold for wards and actives, just prioritize those over your build at the start. Rush T3 Hog, always keep 5 mana 2 wards on you, get another active that will either counter the enemy for a bit or help your team or help you get around faster. I usually have hog 3 at the 2 min mark at most. At least thats how I do it anyway :/

Top 10 Favorite Gods
    1.) Anubis
    2.) Ao Kuang
    3.) Sobek
    4.) Loki
    5.) Agni
    6.) Odin
    7.) Hades
    8.) Ullr
    9.) Artemis
    10.) Sylvanus

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by XXVII View Post
    Supports OP. I`ll always remember how I carried the team with support Athena. I`ll never forget. And I have to say something to all complaints, even the ones with "supports have no gold and can`t buy all the time wards". Actually they can. And I think people get bored to support role when they play a God/Goddess they don`t like. And I say it`s hard to be a good support because he basically has to be everywhere.
    Geb top dmg in arena:-):-)

It's a pleasure for me to go bruiser ymir in arena/3v3 but in CQ it lose all it's pleasure

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Support(Stuns/heals etc) I love to play. Tank I don't. Too much pressure on innitiations, and if it doesnt go 100% for the team, guess who takes the blame. "S**t initiation, noob tank"
    MOBA
    Multiplayer.Online.Battle.ARENA!

ARENA LEAGUE PLAYERS! UNITE!!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    Geb top dmg in arena:-):-)

It's a pleasure for me to go bruiser ymir in arena/3v3 but in CQ it lose all it's pleasure
    god i hate that smite forum doesnt have any kinda notificition when somone sent you message becuz i always have to make off-topic telling ""check your inbox""
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Personally I find support more my type of role, that is because I spend most of my time worrying about how the team is doing so if someone is struggling I try to help them out as best I can.

I'm not bothered if people don't say "thanks for supporting" and in fairness, the only time anyone gets all the praise is when one person in the team carries the team to victory.

The reason people consider support boring is simple, they do not have the mentality to play support, it is the same with any game. Take WoW as an example, if you were to find out the percentage of players who played DPS in comparison to Tanks and Healers you'd find there are substantially more DPS chars than the other roles (even combined).

Anyone can have the mentality to be the other roles in Smite but only a few have the mentality to play support.

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    It's mostly because I get bad teammates who don't followup anything the vast majority of time I end up having to play support and therefore playing support is frustrating and useless.