Thread: SMITE Recommendations - Change for the better

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Smile SMITE Recommendations - Change for the better

If you change these not so simple things i believe you will provide a better overall experience to players and much needed customisation.After all it is to improve the game, make it more efficient and userfriendly.

I dont know where to start, but lets go from the menu and options.
    1.The Settings Button is too small and not noticable for begginer players, it should be larger, with description, or available via simple esc menu settings/exit
    2.Shop is chaotic and not as attractive as it could be, maybe dropdown design or other would make it seem more arranged and interesting, even if they are links it could work as window in window type.

3.There is no customisation of UI or Pedestal skins(only one)

4.Sometimes i want to check an item and how it would affect a certain god before the actual game, or simply learn about the item(which could improve knowledge about the game and prevent bad playing)
    Therefore a menu with all items preview and maybe customisation of item sets for fastbuy once the game starts would help.

5.The Random arena mode is not as random or interesting to every taste at a time, would it be better to have 2 mods
    one arena custom mode and one conquest custom mode for example

5.The music and Theme of smite should change with the seasons, or new large patch releases, i dont play as long to know, but i notice egyptian style, maybe change it to norse style and music now, please?

These are all recommendations, consider them as advice from an experienced player whose interest is to someday log on to Smite with its full potential.

Thank your for reading

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    1) Agreed, took me like a week to actually notice it.
    2) Which shop? In-game item shop? The real-currency shop?
    3) Give them a chance, Pedastal Skin is like 2 months old.
    4) There is an item set customization feature, you can find it in the list of gods. Just go to the god you want, and there's big button where you can make custom item sets, or custom ability-levels. You can even see how the items affect your stats (Although it doesn't seem to do passive effects, or stacks from items)
    5) Various music would be nice, but I'm not too bothered. I don't even notice the music, to be honest.

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    In regards to number 3 unless it was removed wasn't there a UI/Hud editor in game?
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points
    ... Most of your suggestions are already in the game...

You can get to settings by pressing escape. You can even do it during a match.

The shop is quite easy to manage once you know what you need. If you want to try out builds, then there is practice modes and jungle practice. During. A match, it may take too long to just sit in the fountain and search for an item that you think should match the situation. Ie. Knowing what you want and then looking for an item that gives you all the stats that you are looking for. Usually doesn't exist so just learn which items do what and pick from the list.

Yes, you can pre make a list of items to buy. Personally don't recommend it since no game will ever be the same but somethings are standard enough at the beginning.

The pedestals, as has been mentioned are a new feature. There are only 2 and the non default one is never coming back. Ui editor exists. They make changes to it all the time.

Music these are expensive. They may add more in the future but I think that isn't one of their priorities at this moment. Especially with the new map they are releasing.

Achievements:
    Pressing escape while not in the match returns you Homepage not menu.

The Shop is ok, works the purpose, but it could be moderated a bit, if its the whole "old" brick style, they could make the bricks move once hovered over or something like that, dropdown menu, animations, the shop puzzle mosaic that is atm is exactly that.

I do not know any other software for the game aside from cursevoice, and i seriously doubt most players will bother about it.
    Easyest solution is most commonly the best one, if its implemented in the game, rocks.

The Ui Editor, new pedestal skins i have no knowledge of, cant help on that.

How do you access to the item menu when outside of the game? Not by some 3rd party software i know it must exist im not talking about that.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by A13xand37 View Post
    How do you access to the item menu when outside of the game? Not by some 3rd party software i know it must exist im not talking about that.
    At Gods/Wards tab, under the list of Gods is a button named "Character builder". That's the item menu and you can see what it add to every God/Goddess and such. The only bad thing is that the stacks from items doesn`t count there.
    I'm a dancer,
    a Scorpio,
    and Arachne is my Bae <3

Sidename: dbK

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Moved to general feedback.

I agree with most of this.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Achievements:
    Thanks!
    Hopefully it will help in making the game even better

Achievements:
    You actually changed things xD, this support rocks! Well done