Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: easiest/best gods for Arena.

Junior Member Cupidhead CzarSharps's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 315

easiest/best gods for Arena.

I've been having lots of success with Artemis [She was cheap], and I'm wondering what the best/easiest to learn gods for each class in arena play.

I enjoy playing ones with high mobility and dps, or high mobility and damage/AoE. I'm really bad at using support-guardian types because I can't seem to get them kills.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    hunter = Xbal, anhur , apollo
    Warrior = Tyr , hercules , odin
    mage = freya, scylla , vulcan ,.. actually any mage can do well in arena
    assassin = serqet , bastet , bakasura (im not naming loki cause they usually en up same kills as deaths)
    guardian = ares , ymir , sylvanus , bacchus

next time you go guardian in arena pick ymir and do the same as an assassin does but with active item BLINK
    blink to the enemy hunter , mages or assassin. Freeze them , slam your *2* on them , place wall behind them and if you dont have it on cooldown throw your ult in there as well, all your team has to do is attack them =P if you go ares dont rely on his ult , i see it happening all the time , ares waiting for ult to be up , shout *VVVR* and does nothing after the ult is down , ares his chackles (*1*) is way more powerfull , you can chain it up to 3x on 1 target or split amongst 3 targets . They cant use the escape abilities an combined with your flame it does insane damage.
    Good Luck!

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    recently i see arena as the battle of vulcans it seems people are enjoying vulcan in arena.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Arena is just another open field PvP situation, so lots of options that are not near as restrictive as trying to defend a lane with one of the other Smite scenarios. With that consideration, for mages the fall back for most people is Zeus, but Janus and Kukulkan have good mobility and area effects. For assassins bastet and kali are both heck on wheels with good mobility. For Guardians you can't go wrong with Athena, and for warriors Tyr is a good mobility and damage choice, even though using his two stances can take some juggling.

Junior Member Cupidhead MrWolfv1's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 410
    In terms of Arena, Xbalanque [a hunter] is the best god in Arena. While Ranked Arena was still a thing, he was first ban/first pick.He has high DPS, he has a dash/leap, his ult gives him movement speed, and increased basic attack range, and his 1 ability makes his auto's do more damage, and they "branch" out into two more basics, that go a short range, and will target nearby enemies. I'm not going into too much detail, as you can decide to practice him if you want, as all gods are available in Jungle Practice. Mercury is also good in Arena, but can be slightly more difficult. Agni is a strong pick for Arena as well, he has a lot of AoE abilities, a dash, and can burst people down fast [he's a mage]. Other than that, I recommend trying out other Hunters, Mages, Warriors, ans some Assassins in Practice Joust, to get a feel for them. Assassins though, are a bit more punishing, and can be a bit more difficult to play.
    -MrWolfv1

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    In terms of hunters, Xbalanque is the best. High damage, strong snowballin' (see what I did there?), great teamfight ultimate, he can carry games if you are good at landing those basics. I also do value Artemis for her nice poke, the traps (which are very useful if placed at strategic points on this map moreso than on conquest imo) and Tusky for being one of the greatest Teamfight Ultimates among hunters. A little bit of a latebloomer, but can carry games just as nicely. Cupid is also stupidly good on this map for his stun, his safety dash and his incredible ultimate.

In terms of Assassins, don't bother. They are pretty bad in Arena, but if you really want one, Kali is great because you profit from the high gold income, making you able to carry games with ease (but you will still rely a lot on your team). Hun Batz is great for his high mobility, decent damage and insane ultimate as well. Most other Assassins I advice against playing.

Warriors, Hercules and Tyr take the cake. They are both insanely strong on this map. Sun Wukong can be decent in the right hands, but those are hard to find these days. Odin, if you like cheesy wombo combos that only work against players without brains.

Mages depend heavily on the line up for the most part. Gods that can work at almost every kind of game are Vulcan, Ao Kuang (who is more of an assassin really), He Bo, Freya and Aphrodite. Most other Mages are either situational (Like Zeus who needs either Odin or Ares to really shine) or just bad (like Hel for she is mostly just there for target practice).

Guardians, Ares, insanely strong in terms of damage and presence thanks to his ultimate, sadly, he makes games really boring. Bacchus, Athena and Cabrakan are also great choices for more interesting and still insanely strong kinds of play. Guardians are the most important class to play in Arena.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Junior Member Cupidhead CzarSharps's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 315
    thanks!

I really enjoy Arena due to the combat focus it has.

I've heard good things about Poseidon tho. Is he a good buy for newbies? Same with Ares. Nice to know Xbalanque's the best hunter, since I like staying back and reaming things.

Between Herc and Tyr, what's the easier one to build up early on?

Between the mages, I like Ao Kuang and Freya atm. ANubis too.

Def. gonna get Ares sometime, unless the nerf the bloody heck out of him.
    The slacking king.

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CzarSharps View Post
    thanks!

I really enjoy Arena due to the combat focus it has.

I've heard good things about Poseidon tho. Is he a good buy for newbies? Same with Ares. Nice to know Xbalanque's the best hunter, since I like staying back and reaming things.

Between Herc and Tyr, what's the easier one to build up early on?

Between the mages, I like Ao Kuang and Freya atm. ANubis too.

Def. gonna get Ares sometime, unless the nerf the bloody heck out of him.
    poseidon's only problem is assassins in arena. they just do anything, ANYTHING to kill him.
    but his aoe damage and cripple makes him a good pick.
    ares is easy. u just need to get used with his 1 because they are a little slow to hit from far.
    tyr is easier to use. but herc is more rewarding.
    Anubis is a good one for new players.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I know playing Awilix that I run from Poseidon when I can. His CC ability just brings mobility to a complete halt. You stay there to long and you end up with a kraken mess. That's usually hard on most weak defense assassins like loki, awilix, etc.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    Play Loki, Thor, Thanatos, Apollo.
    Gods with ults that can easily get kills.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...