Thread: Pushing "T" In-Game Causes Instant CRASH to Black Screen - Error Log Attached

Junior Member Cupidhead MrMinivan's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353

Pushing "T" In-Game Causes Instant CRASH to Black Screen - Error Log Attached

I've searched around a fair deal, and I have had no luck figuring this one out. I've seen other people that have the same problem, but no one has a fix. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled as well as used the repair/validate tool (which was actually very quick - like 3 minutes).

My problem is this: While in game, FREQUENTLY when I push the "T" key to access the [Top Gold/Kills/Dmg] review screen, the game will instantly crash to a black screen that cannot be closed, minimized, or worked around in any way except to open task manager with a shortcut and then blindly kill tasks by using the arrow keys and delete. It sometimes generates a log. I was able to force the issue in a practice arena match just now and captured the returned error data.

Would seriously appreciate help with this one. This is game breaking and can be entirely destructive to almost 1/3 to 1/2 of my matches.

The code posted below was found in "Launch.log" at the very end of the file, located at: C:\Users\Me\Documents\my games\Smite\BattleGame\Logs. It was copied from the file after the game crashed in a practice arena match, about 12 minutes in. The text immediately before it was just descriptions of the match activity. Nothing unusual. This code matches the output that showed up in the error window when the game crashed. See below.

Code:
    [0802.64] Critical: appError called: Rendering thread exception:
    Fatal error!

Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f3d14  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x2480aa2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f5a30  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f5fba  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23bc903  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23c2350  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23c23f5  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cd6823  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cddee2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cddfe2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23bf385  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]

[0802.64] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Not enough storage is available to process this command. (8)
    [0802.64] Log: TgAIBehaviorTreeManager :: De-allocating 46 behavior trees
    [0802.64] Critical: appError called: Rendering thread exception:
    Fatal error!

Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f3d14  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x2480aa2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f5a30  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23f5fba  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23bc903  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23c2350  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23c23f5  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cd6823  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cddee2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1cddfe2  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0x23bf385  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]

[0802.64] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (997)
    [0802.64] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Rendering thread exception:
    Fatal error!

[0802.75] Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    [0802.75] Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Further information:

*This issue has only occurred immediately after pressing the T key.
    *This issue has happened since install on this computer but has NEVER happened on my other computer which has played SMITE for years.
    *I have fully updated drivers and am using a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970.
    *The issue has been constant across my SSD and standard hard drives.
    *"Run as Admin", "Compatibility Mode", and "Safe Mode" do nothing to help the issue.
    *All gods and game types are affected by this issue.

Help greatly appreciated (and much needed). Thank you!

Found this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...ashes_my_game/

Nothing in there actually helps, but it makes it clear that the Devs are already aware of this issue. It seems plenty of people are having it across the board. I'm not positive, but each case I've seen does seem to be on a computer using an NVIDIA card.

***If you also have this issue, please go replicate it, and follow THIS THREAD to submit your logs and issue to the SMITE devs. Help them get it fixed!***

>< I didn't know what it was called before, but the "T" key opens up the "Top Player Stats" according to the Key Bindings settings. Now I have a name for it!

I was able to cause the crash in practice arena even just staying in the fountain the whole time spamming T (every couple seconds). Only took several minutes. Doesn't seem to be related to how much you push it, but rather, when(?).

Bumpidty >< This issue needs to be resolved :\

New Member Cupidhead TonTonBoBi's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Not resolved I still have it regularly

Nvidia user here too

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    This happens to me as well. I am a pure AMD user (FX 8350, R9 290).