Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smite Item Guide [Current as of 4/3/17]

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Just gonna say 2 things.

You are wrong about boots, no one im their right mind or up to meta at least ignores the advantage and options boots gives you. Most people buid it second after starter. Adc/mid can stack and sololaner can go protections first. Manny solo laners build boots first after starter.

Boots increase your survivability as smite is a game about dodging and landing skillshots. You want to build boots to increase your survivability, gank potential and to be able to poke. No one sells boots lategame unless they: play arena/assualt.

Assasin are the ones who need protections and not mages, because they usually fight upclose and put their own life on the line. Mages usually dont build defences because their role is to stay behind their frontline and poke from a distance. Mages doesnt buy defences(vanguard) in normal and ranked conquest if you watch or play a game with decent to pro players.

I think you have done a great job, and im sure you havr worked hard on this. I expect a more professional approach when it comes to items and builds, and less personall oppinions. You should recomend what items is currently meta and what people at higher levels of play builds instead of suggesting what people should buy based on your own experience. Im criticising you lack of knowedge for the game, as to your view on boots as you talk like you have played to manny arena games in my oppinion. Anything else is toroughly reflected and good.

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    So let me get this straight glor. You're telling me exactly what's both in the guide and what I've said. Disregarding your starter item, if you plan on making rotations early (i.e jungler, some supports, some solo) buy boots first. If you plan on sitting in lane and seldomly rotating (adc, mid, some solo), buy boots second. I believe I either poorly worded something in the guide, or you've misunderstood something.

Secondly, meta has no impact on my item guide for the most part. the only item I'd say is meta, simply by virtue of being brokenly OP, is spear of the magus atm. All other items can be negotiated. Meta is also typically a pack of sheep who see a "pro" do it and do well then cry META! (Remember that whole dirty bubble thing? I've been doing that general build since closed beta dude). Don't follow Meta for items. Learn your items and how to produce various power curves to compliment your team. Meta has little to do with builds and everything to do with gods, team comp, and rotations.

Finally, boots are by far the worst item in the game, tell me this. If all boots were removed from the game right now and we had all gods buffed to higher base movement speeds, would you still miss boots or do you think the game would improve overall? My bet is in the latter. You only buy them for the 18% movement speed, So why not sell them if you already have 10% speed elsewhere in your build? You'll lose a little power and 8% movement speed, but you can pick up many other items that have useful stats, like a winged blade anti slow, witchblade anti heal+aa debuff, etc.

So long as you get movement speed from other items or effects to let you position yourself safely, do that instead. By mid game you need boots or something close (hence why you can swing a lot 1 boot and fatali on an arc easily, since you only lose 2% movement speed).

Sometimes boots are good to keep end game, but if you build for it and have the right team you can ditch boots end game for something more useful.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-05-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    I wouldnt risk losing that 8% movment speed for all that is worth. I dont think its allright not being able to run away from that scylla crush or 3 people chasing you through the jungle lategame after i stole their fg.
    In lategame 1 death can change everything. You are right that you can either go that extra dmg to 1-100 someone/building defences so that you can teamfight more or you can do as i say, dodge their abilites and positon yourself quicker.