Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 Changes Feedback

Game Designer Follower HiRezDrybear's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,082
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points Party Person Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Season 2 Changes Feedback

Put your feedback on the currently announced (but incomplete) list of changes for Season 2 here.

Junior Member Cupidhead TEAMW0RK's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I think that the new assist gold limitations discourages sharing small camps, because you have to be there for the whole time, as opposed to just tagging it, but we can live with that.

The biggest misstep is the tower gold change. This allows, in fact, encourages campy behavior, and allows for slower gameplay. You made the change to the midcamps to allow more interesting matches. This change reverts that. There is no reason to push into tower, and only risk getting killed _there was hardly a consequence before, but it was still noticeable over time if it happened)

I LOVE the new camp reset, except in the case of the gf or fg. This encourages people to want to wait for EVERYONE to be dead, or atleast the support, before doing it, as opposed to those clutch gfs or fgs while he is away.

Please revert this tower change and the camp reset to fg and gf. All the rest is fine.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Keep the tower gold but revert the assist gold change. All of these changes combined make the game a lot slower which I think is antithetical to spirit of smite. The action is what makes smite more fun than other MOBAs. You want to encourage rotations and ganks.

I agree with the above stateme about the FG and GF. I think if you give them a much higher heal rate when unleashed, it will be ok. Either that or have them instantly heal a percentage of their health when unleashed.

The art is awesome as usual.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Taking away the manabuff from duo lane is making AMC pretty viable.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I disagree with tower gold change. It lowers down level of strategy and decision-making to depths of the depths. Laning will be really easy and challenge-less now.
    XP range thing is ok in my opinion. I actually think it's correct that people shouldn't be getting xp when they aren't around at a time things die.
    Changes with buffs seem to be interesting, can't say more now.
    And the last but not least: I don't think battleground is a place to houses...
    Last edited by LainEdel; 01-18-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    The assist range for gold/XP is pretty bad in general. As it is a lot of people tag waves, mostly supports and junglers and this will slow the game down.

The tower gold change on the other hand is pretty decent as there are a lot of characters that just simply get outpushed early that may be able to stay in the game getting half gold.

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think the (currently) known changes are all quite good. But all in all it is hard to say until we see the rest of the changes (itemchanges and maybe more).

Actually I am also hoping for some god changes overall.

But to be more precise:

No manabuff for Hunters:

GREAT change,

+it allows hunters with worse pushing to be less outpushed earlygame without the need of giving them better clear.
    This makes place for more different kinds of hunters, when they do not need a clear to be competitive.

+it makes supports less "weak" compared to the hunters in the early game. (At the moment hunters could "spam" abilities, but the support would need to look after his or her mana).

+it makes passive manareg better for supports or Hunters. At the moment it felt useless.

Yellow and violet buff:

Good
    + Now you can have movementspeed and attack speed on different people. This allows for initiators to get movementspeed and for Hunters/assasins to get the attackspeed buff.
    + Hunters without attack speed stereoid also can get a little bit more attack speed now.

Tower gold change:

Good
    +it allows people who get outpushed, to better keep in the game, giving more possible choices overall.
    +it makes the tactic of letting the enemy push and then let him be ganked, more viable.

Assist gold:

Good
    + people have to make decisions. Do I want to roam and lose gold but hope to get a kill/assist? In the moment this was not really a decision which almost forced people to roam a lot.
    + Maybe support can now stay in lane rather then run around the map.
    + You can now help a jungler/laner without taking xp/gold from him if you want.

Gold/XP range:

Good
    + It allows to tactical zoning your enemy, and so a new tactical option is available.
    + It also better allows better to force someone out of the lane, since it is more dangerous to stay in lane getting gold (you have to stay nearer to the dying minions then it was now the case, so another tactical option has improved.

For the other changed I cannot say much, but they sound interesting.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Erm.

So, I'm going to go into my post into sections, so that way we can avoid mass confusion! Also that way I can kind of make it tl:dr in some ways!~

Map Changes

Aesthetically speaking, I find the map to be very well done, and they did a great deal of work toward making it easier for new players to understand which side is which. This gives us more of a sense of who goes where, and not only helps newer players, but I believe can make it easier to set up some sort of tactics regarding 'map control', as a lot of people like to call it.

As for the leashing of jungle camps, I feel like it is more rewarding for more aggressive players, as the camp minions no longer are invulnerable and regain their hp over time. Where as those who were doing the camps can't then save that camp for themselves. That there is a double edged sword in ways. It promotes more aggressive game play, and more defensive warding. That in itself is good, though, for more defensive players, they may lose their camps more, not only that, but due to the issues that many people have with matchmaking, this fact alone can discourage people. There are many incompetent players, that will not be getting buffs with this change. Which will then draw people away from the game.

Specific to Buff Changes

Attack Speed Buff: I honestly don't have a clue why we change the blue buff on the duo side into an attack speed buff. Most hunters in fact actually very heavily rely on the mana that they get from it to clear waves. Most hunters have to use their mana up to clear waves, then use auto attacks to do poke dmg to the enemy. Those with better clear generally get the most poke off. This is true regardless of the mana situation. So those who use more mana to clear a wave are left even further behind. Artemis, who with her nerf, has been left practically in the dust, will no longer have any sort of reasonable clear. Because now not only does she have to worry about her mana situation, she also has to worry about the massive amount of possible poke she can take from enemies. Also, there are many other hunters that have to use multiple skills in order to clear the wave as well. So there will only be a small pool of hunters that will actually be viable. I haven't seen anything on the mass hunter nerf, but I hope it puts them all in the same boat.

Speed Buff: I feel like this puts our attack speed based hunters down a peg, which I guess you can suppose is a good thing. This way you will be seeing more of the ability based hunters back in the jungle, such as bastet or ne zha, instead of our usual attack speed based ones. Even though there is a good mix of both, I feel like the separation of buffs, will give more selection and thought on who we play in the jungle. This could in fact change our game in a positive way.

Damage and Mana Buffs:

I don't see why we didn't change these buffs, if you're going to go out and change the other ones. I'm actually quite dissapointed in that, hearing that one buff is getting removed, and the other changing. There are many ways that you could change either buff in order to change gameplay. Even though both are fine the way that they are, if you're going to change half of the buffs, why not all of them?

Gold and Exp Adjustments

Gold:

I honestly have no clue why you want to give players gold for camping under the towers. For a company that wants a 'fast paced' MOBA, that would be very counter intuitive. It encourages people to sit under their towers. This is very ineffective, as when you already camp under a tower, you already get the assist EXP from it when a tower kills a minion. This itself doesn't set a player very far behind, as losing a wave or two of gold doesn't set you back too far. So in addition to giving players exp for camping, you are also giving them gold. In fact i believe that if you want to punish such behavior, you should have gotten rid of the exp bonus from tower kills as well. Though, I should get back on track. Giving people gold, for camping, is not the best thing to do, as it encourages such behavior. Sure, it helps those who have weaker clear, and gives the other team more of a chance to come back, as it doesn't lower the gold that they are getting by too much. Which takes power away from a team that is completely dominating another. This, is a good thing, but there are other ways to do that without bringing forth content that is counter intuitive to what you want to do with it. This is a step in the wrong direction.

Exp

Like others, I believe these changes are bad for the SUPPORT role. It's not as bad from the jungler role, as they should really be getting all the exp out of the camps that they are given, so by keeping them in the jungle for exp, I have no problem with. Though, for the support, I think they should be allowed to roam without penalty. The support should be helping the WHOLE TEAM, not just the person that they are laning with. Our laning phase isn't the only one that we have in our SMITE. So I don't see why you would enforce changes to keep us laning longer. This change is also very counter intuitive, as it keeps our supports in lane longer, because there is more of a fear of falling behind. Not only that, but with the upcoming changes to hunters, the Supports will also more likely be helping clear. So, they may also be taking last hits away from their lane partners. So it's quite possible that this change will not only put our SUPPORTS behind, but our ADC's as well.

EDIT

Objectives

Gold Fury:
    I'm really glad that they changed not only the way the gold fury looks, but also the way in which her 'area' is set up as well. Though, I haven't heard of any changes regarding how much gold, or exp you get from the gold fury. Which it would only make sense that with the other changes, that the gold fury would give you more gold or exp. Which I hope to see in the near future, because with the changes/addition to items, I would like to see the gold fury give more gold. I also hope the gold fury gets some new attack animations as well, and that she does more damage over the span of a match. I feel like she should also be more challenging, which would in turn make her more rewarding.

Fire Giant:
    I like the new changes, but does he do more damage at the very least? Positioning should be important, but I also feel like the fire giant isn't as challenging as he should be. Given though, that to keep up with the

Towers:
    I feel as if these should have gotten some sort of revamp as well as the other objectives. Design wise, they are fine, but I believe that the dmg that towers do should pierce the defenses of whomever is tanking them. Not only that, but I feel like tier 2 towers should do more damage than tier 1 towers, and that pheonixes and the titans should do more than the objectives before them. The titan doing more than all 3 of the pheonixes combined, would make it a bit easier for the opposing team to defend it as well. Yes, these slow the game down, but it doesn't change the core gameplay of it.

That's all I can think of for now!
    Last edited by lvlar; 01-22-2015 at 10:25 AM.

New Member Cupidhead friedhumanpie's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Currently an issue with the new UI and ultra-wide resolutions - none of the buttons across the top of the screen display, and the main UI is shuffled to the left.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    So you made some tier 3 items tier 2 items, but didn't list what is in place of their tier 3 item? Did you just forget or something?