Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Conquest PTS Feedback

Game Designer Follower HiRezDrybear's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,082
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points Party Person Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

New Conquest PTS Feedback

Place your New Conquest PTS feedback here.

Junior Member Cupidhead TEAMW0RK's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    My team got mad because I spent about 5 minutes staring at the chaos base. It's pretty amaizing. There is this one wall I don't care for, the big white house on the order side has this one wall with a window(?) and nothing else. Maybe some vines or something will make it seem less bland and dull. But that was picking a needle out of a golden, glimmering haystack. The map Is amaizing, especially the new fg pit and mechanics.

New Member Cupidhead DarkTriggerXD's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371

Assist Reward

So far everything is good with the conquest, but my concern is the assist reward. I usually main support and some players don't like the role, this new assist meta is making people play less support. I'm based this to ChatmanJay's Comment on the New Conquest PTS Patch Notes "Undo these two changes and we should be golden on the gameplay changes side of things. I mean seriously, although I main support, most players don't like the role already and this is basically making no one want to do it. The current roaming support meta is perfect, with this change you guys are basically forcing the babysitter support role which isn't fun. What's there to do as a babysitter support, you basically need to sit with the carry all laning phase or risk being underlevel more than supports already are generally. Please consider changing this back or reworking it, Half XP and Gold maybe?"

Assist Reward

This is another comment from the New Conquest PTS Patch Notes about the assist rewards from Fantasy "What are you thinking with this?
    Not only will this promote less rotations, but support, the least played role in the game and one of the hardest will be even more hated and harder...
    Seriously, you're promoting aggressive play by nerfing leashes, but you're promoting tower camping? What the hell?
    Please don't even put this, the fact that tower takes away gold is one of things that makes smite better then other mobas" I really think that this is a not a great idea for us support players

Another concern is the new buffs. The mana buff on the duo side is getting replaced by the new buff. The hunters need the mana. This is not one of my biggest concerns. Maybe we can adapt to this.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Good map good so far but the only thing I don't like is that it seems a bit dark, even close to the Olympian side.
    But like I said that's the only thing that I don't like.

Keep Up the Good Work,
    Gamal1

When you use Cabrakan's ult, the game breaks.
    YOU NEED SUPPORT? I PLAY IT

New Member Cupidhead GaleForceGC's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I don't really like the lighting on the chaos side. I understand you are going for the dark and evil theme, but it just doesn't feel uplifting if you know what I mean. It makes me and others I have talked to want to play the order side more. Other than everything is great, good job.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    My main issue with the new map is that minions will still give gold despite being hit by towers. Not only will this reward tower camping but this will also make picks more focused on control to stall waves and deny exp. This would make a boring meta to watch/play as well as pushing and gaining advantages much less effective. Minions hit by towers shouldn't give gold at all, if you are too scared to fight or push up out of your tower, then you don't deserve that gold, not to be babied and still receive gold despite you losing. This is a terrible change and it should not go through.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Before going into details about how I feel about the map and the changes announced so far for season 2, I'd like to say that having normal conquest as the only available game-mode is not practical if we want to visit the map. I hope we'll have practice and/or custom conquest in the next iteration of the PTS so we can take the time to take a better look at the map without ruining the match of other players.

That being said, it's obvious that I'll only be able to talk about what I glimpsed or experienced during the matches I played.

Art :

The map is beautiful and seems to be filled with details. I love the the distinction between order and chaos side, and between duo and solo lane. The aesthetics of towers and their animations when damaged/destroyed are great. I also like the new sound effects from towers and phoenixes, it gives them more weight than before, we can feel the impact of every shot just by the sound they make.

The backgrounds behind the bases are impressive and really give the feeling of doing something epic when assaulting the enemy base at the end of the game (especially on the order side with mount Olympus in the back).

The new buff camps minions are great, I love the differences between all of them, and the new buffs "belts" look really good. The new animations for the Gold Fury and Fire Giant are amazing too. Seeing the Gold Fury hover the map and go from jungle camp to jungle camp at the beginning of the game is awesome.

Mechanics :

Jungle camps/objectives :

I like the new leashing mechanics, forcing us to choose when to do buffs/objectives more carefully (whether we're invading or not).

I'm not a big fan of the ranged minions for the mana camp since it can give an advantage to gods who can pull the minions on the edge of the camp (so they can retreat safely in case of invades). However I suppose that's something we can simply get used to.

Having red and speed buffs on the same side for both teams is of course an improvement.

With that last change I expected a symmetrical start for both sides but I was disappointed when I saw that mid harpies still spawned at the very beginning of the game. In my opinion they should not spawn until a few minutes in the game so no team can have a better positioning for invades at the start.

The old speed buff being split into two separate buffs is a good thing since it was a bit too powerful. The movement speed being still really helpful for junglers and the attack speed synergizing well with a lot of characters in lane, especially with Golden Bow and certainly some new items in the next patch.
    I am of the ones who welcome the disappearance of blue buff in the duo lane since it limits the spam of abilities and encourages players to use them more intelligently (especially in the early game).

Gold and XP :

I don't like the 50% gold reward for minions damaged by towers at all. It was already possible not to lose too much gold while farming under tower by prioritizing those less susceptible to be targeted first. If we can't deny gold to our opponent there is almost no point in pushing if we don't have a kill opportunity. Pushing up the lane makes us more vulnerable to ganks and if it gives us no advantage there is no point in doing it. It's giving an advantage to late game gods who can simply farm under tower. Or it's encouraging the freeze of the lane (the fact that the range for assist on minion kills is shortened doesn't help either) which is one of the most boring thing that can happen. Smite is a fast-paced game that's one of the thing I love about it, taking risks with an aggressive positioning to deny gold to the other team is a part of it. I don't want to see that disappear.

I don't like range restriction for assist on minion kills either. I'm sure there will be new mechanics on items to help the support and maybe the jungler in that regard with the next patch, but right now it feels like a back-stab for those playing these roles. Sharing XP is actually a big part of Smite and that's something interesting since it must be done intelligently. Being able to tag the wave before entering the jungle allows the support and the jungler to be almost always in movement, pressuring the enemy team by their positioning and putting an emphasis on the importance of wards. Forcing them to stay in lane longer will most likely slow down the pace of the game.

I don't know exactly how that range restriction will affect gods like Ra who can kill minions from far away but it would be a shame if you couldn't gain gold and xp when in some situations you're already burning your ultimate to clear the wave .

That's about it for now. I hope my feedback will be helpful.