Thread: New Conquest PTS Patch Notes

Hybrid View

Game Designer Follower HiRezDrybear's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,082
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points Party Person Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

New Conquest PTS Patch Notes

NEW CONQUEST PTS

“Our first Season 2 public test is focused on generating feedback for the new Conquest map, and does not yet include all of the gameplay changes coming for Season 2. We encourage players to explore the map and focus on reporting any issues found during play. We will be rolling out an additional public test in the future that will include changes to item balance, god balance, and general gameplay.”

New Conquest Map:

• Jungle Camp Changes:

“There are several changes happening in the jungle that are designed to increase aggression and the viability of invading, while also better balancing the buff options available to your team. The removal of the mana buffs on the Gold Fury side of the map is intended to be paired with new itemisation and god balance adjustments coming in our next phase of PTS. The goal of this change is to reduce the amount of available mana in the long lane, thus allowing for more dynamic team combinations and improved itemization.”

• All jungle camps, including the Fire Giant and Gold Fury, no longer become invulnerable and heal instantly when leashed or reset. They now heal at a rate of 10% of their maximum health value every 1s and are able to be re-engaged during their retreat back to camp.
    • While leashing or out-of-combat, camp monsters will no longer take damage from sources outside of their leashing area.
    • The Power Buff and the Speed Buff on the Order side of the map have been swapped and are now aligned to be on the same side of the map.
    • The Speed Buff (Orange) now only provides movement speed, and not attack speed.
    • Both Mana Buff camps on the Gold Fury side of the map have been removed and replaced with a new Attack Speed Buff (Purple). This buff provides +15% attack speed.

• Fire Giant:

“We’ve opening up the space around the Fire Giant to give a bit more breathing room for team fights. New attacks have been added to make his encounter more engaging, and more rewarding to counter-initiate upon.”

• The Fire Giant now uses both Melee and Ranged attacks.
    • The Fire Giant now rotates 2 new abilities.

• Lava Flow (NOTE: Name is not final)

• The Fire Giant unleashes a powerful line attack that has a long buildup and does heavy damage to enemies, while also knocking them up.
        • Known Issue: This attack is intended to slow enemies within its radius while building up. It currently does not.

• Magma Pool

• The Fire Giant summons a lava pool for each enemy within his range. The lava pools deal damage over time.

• Lane Mechanics:
      Changing the lane dynamics and lowering the gold lost from towers creates new options for players to explore during the laning phase in both defensive and offensive states. The change to the range of minion assists is intended to give lane combinations more options for zoning out players from minion gold and xp.”

• Players who move out of assist reward range of a minion or camp kill no longer receive assist rewards, even if they dealt damage to the minion or camp before it died. This does not affect assists on God kills.
      • Players still always receive full reward for last-hits.
      • Assist reward range reduced from 80 to 60.
      • Towers no longer remove all gold from a minion for dealing damage to it, but now reduce the reward by 50%.

• Known issue: Currently no reduction is happening, and players always get 100% of the reward.

• Other Known Issues

• Attack Speed camp map guide still says Mana Camp.
      • Fire Giant name is incorrect.
      • Leash areas do not show up if world detail is medium or lower.
      • Minions will walk through the phoenix.
      • There are a number of collision issues that are being worked on, however feel free to report on them.
      • XP Fury camps have Big Fury not in center.

Last edited by HiRezKabir; 01-16-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Osairiel's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I could see several gods struggling or becoming more unusable in the new conquest map without a mana buff to sustain themselves in earlier levels with them being highly mana intensive, It could also give rise to the usage of trans however, Given it's price cost I don't see that happening. I'm interested to see how this pans out

#BuffXbalanque
    Wingedblade > Sprint

Bloodforge is amazing and Wind demon is better, Why pick a mage when you can just play a hunter and have like infinite movement speed with golden bow, fatalis and wind demon.

New Member Cupidhead WolveReaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    And when exactly are we gonna be able to play it?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SedrioX's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I think Duo lane is my least favourite lane now. Purple buff is probably the least effective buff in the game now. Even Speed beats all of them because movement speed is op.

Also, could you give us a Co-op Conquest Dev match? I mean, at least against bots we can look at everything on the map without getting killed by people who are only there to wreck.
    Last edited by SedrioX; 01-16-2015 at 07:01 PM.

HiRez Staff Worshipper HiRezKabir's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    This thread will mainly be for reporting bugs, but you can post feedback.

REGARDING FEEDBACK: This will be a one time exception that we'll allow feedback in the bug thread. Mainly to filter all map issues and feedback in one place.
    Last edited by HiRezKabir; 01-17-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    I like these new changes. It seems very interesting and will change things up quite a bit however because blue buff is no longer in the duo lane, I think that some hunters like artemis especially need a buff to their mana pool. I'm pretty sure that she has the lowest mana sustain of all the hunters and while she is already considered bottom tier, I believe this takes her completely out of the game. I don't see how anyone could possibly play her anymore unless they build transcendance, which seems very necessary now. But I feel like she is almost always gonna have to build that item instead of dev gloves. I can see some new builds coming out of this like possibly dual stacking items (dev and trans) and other items like asi being used a lot more. All I ask is that are top tier hunters like rama and apollo going to be nerfed and maybe buff bottom tier hunters like artemis?

New Member Cupidhead Distroyer2001's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Well I dont usually play Conquest map so i dont really care about its cahnges but I think that the map its ok how its now.

Junior Member Cupidhead tdotcrfh4's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Players who move out of assist reward range of a minion or camp kill no longer receive assist rewards, even if they dealt damage to the minion or camp before it died. This does not affect assists on God kills.
    Assist reward range reduced from 80 to 60.
    Come on, guys. People already avoid playing support as it is, and you've just made it more difficult, for no reason.

I actually really like the rest of the changes, but whoever proposed these two particular ones is history's greatest monster.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Using Cabraken ult break the game, tested it 3 times. Don't use him.

New Member Cupidhead ElgroSolidR's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernatch View Post
    Using Cabraken ult break the game, tested it 3 times. Don't use him.
    Confirmed this. Happenned to me twice.