Thread: Warlock's Sash VS Book of Thoth

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points

Question Warlock's Sash VS Book of Thoth

When do I use each, and why? I sometimes don't know, I always use Warlock's Sash because it feels like its more powerful (except on Kukulkan, because of its passive), but I could be doing it wrong.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    When do I use each, and why? I sometimes don't know, I always use Warlock's Sash because it feels like its more powerful (except on Kukulkan, because of its passive), but I could be doing it wrong.
    Warlock's is for tankier gods like Zhong Kui. Thoth is for burst gods like Chronos.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    if you want a little more survivability, get sash. if you want to be up earlier, get thoth.

In total, we're talking about a 40 odd magical power difference when each item is completely stacked.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Warlock sash is very nice in 1v1 joust. It makes you way tankier and more sustainable. I went book of thoth vs another change with sash. I got decimated, even if I did have more DMG =/

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Thoth for damage, sash for survivability. It just depends on your play style.

If I'm playing a god with crappy survival skills (looking at you Zeus) I'll get Sash. If not, 100% of the time I'm getting early Thoth.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Banned Senior Cupidhead Venomari's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    if you want a little more survivability, get sash. if you want to be up earlier, get thoth.

In total, we're talking about a 40 odd magical power difference when each item is completely stacked.
    Wow how much does Warlock Sash give at max?

If it's 100 then that's OP

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    warlock sash is always my first item almost on all mages idk i just like it ¯\(°_O)/¯
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Warlock's Sash starts at only 50 power, but offers a total of 600HP and 110 power at full stacks. It's a slow starting item that needs 100 stacks to finish so if you're gonna build it, 3rd item at latest. Otherwise you'd probably be better off buying an Ethereal Staff later which offers the same amount of HP as a full stack sash, but for lower HP characters won't offer as much power (20 per 1000 HP), though it doesn't have to be stacked.

Book of Thoth starts off at 100 power +3% of your current max mana value (so 30 per 1000 mana) is added to your power, and will add another 750 mana to your pool from stacks that counts towards that 3% of max mana value added as power, plus some MP5. A level 20 Janus with max stacks on a Book of Thoth and no other items will get 171 power from just that one item.

If you need more power quicker and the ability to throw out abilities for a long time, Book of Thoth. If you can afford the slower start and want to have more hp, Warlock's Sash.