Thread: Need help from experienced/skilled players

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327

Need help from experienced/skilled players

Hello,

to start off I pretty much want some info/tips from good players.
    I played League of Legends since it came out and im really good there, Diamond 3 division. But this game just looks and feels better then League of Legends and I would like to switch to Smite. The only thing is im not sure about some things and is it worth to switch to this game.

So ill ask a few questions and then i would like if you guys can add some notes and tips.

1. How similar is the gameplay style to league of legends? (Farming for 15 mins then doing 5v5 teamfights)
    2. How are the roles set up and what style of Gods are used in each role? (I want to know for ex. if in jungle its prefered the assasin type junglers or tank type, if top lane is for ranged dps or rather half tanks, and is the form still jungle,top,mid,support,adcarry).
    3. Is farming as important as in league of legends? (Since you get gold even when you dont do the finishing blow).
    4. More info about the Jungle and top lane role (thats what i main i LoL).
    5. How is the ranked system, is it good enough?
    6. How often are tournaments and cups, not just official but all kinds?

Okay, this is like the basic stuff I would like to know and I probably forgot to mention a few things.

Anyway can you please add even more info despite only my questions, I would like to know more, like even stupid stuff like xxxx is an OP god, xxxx is useless, silver is "elo hell", and just anything, thank you!

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivek View Post
    Hello,

I played League of Legends since it came out and im really good there, Diamond 3 division. But this game just looks and feels better then League of Legends and I would like to switch to Smite. The only thing is im not sure about some things and is it worth to switch to this game.

So ill ask a few questions and then i would like if you guys can add some notes and tips.

1. How similar is the gameplay style to league of legends? (Farming for 15 mins then doing 5v5 teamfights)
    2. How are the roles set up and what style of Gods are used in each role? (I want to know for ex. if in jungle its prefered the assasin type junglers or tank type, if top lane is for ranged dps or rather half tanks, and is the form still jungle,top,mid,support,adcarry).
    3. Is farming as important as in league of legends? (Since you get gold even when you dont do the finishing blow).

Okay, this is like the basic stuff I would like to know and I probably forgot to mention a few things.

Anyway can you please add even more info despite only my questions, I would like to know more, like even stupid stuff like xxxx is an OP god, xxxx is useless, silver is "elo hell", and just anything, thank you!
    Hello and welcome to Smite!

I'm not the most experienced nor the most skilled (been playing for ~3 months). Silver 4 with 52% win/loss in Conquest, ~550 conq matches played.

1) gameplay is a lot faster than in League. Mid game comes at about 10 minutes. Gods use burst damage instead of sustain damage like in LoL, so fights are quick. There is a set projectile speed in Smite so there are some skillshots.

2) solo (warriors, some mages), mid (most mages), attack damage carry (hunters), jungler (assassins), support(guardians, some warriors). Thos setup is the standard setup but it does not have to be followed.

3) farming is just as important.

4) I can't fit a guide in here, but there are guides on YouTube. I main jungle. Add me ingame, Disquieted1, if you'd like

5) ranked, not sure. I started ranked a few days ago so I wish to withhold all judgment for a while, hence why I'm in Silver 4

6) there are some community tournaments. I don't know anything about them.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivek View Post
    Hello,

Hi and welcome to our great community.

2)You can pretty much play what you want as long as you understand what your team need. This is one of the reasons there are pros using tanks junglers(like athena/ymir).
    Let's look at loki, an assassin who use burst damage, very squishy and slippery as fuck. His 2 is a decoy who attract minions and then explode. A lvl 4 decoy clear the archers and a lvl 5 one clear the melee minions(not the big one). Level the 2 first and you can have him in lane, or level his dmg skills first and send him in the jungle.

You can play loki solo(the short lane) the most common kind of loki. This loki is focused more on farming and then becoming an unstoppable killing machine. He cannot be shut down in lane. The bad part? He also can't shut down his opponent so both you and your enemy will have the solo laner online.

You can play loki jungle, kinda your tipical jungler, but there are better gods who can jungle than him, solid addition but outclassed by top tier jungler.

You can play loki in the duo lane(replacing your ADC) with a support protecting him, and focus him on backdooring.
    You can play loki mid(replacing your AOE burst mage) and betting on the early-mid game to snowball(I played loki mid 8 times in casuals, 7 victories, 6 matches where I went 10/3 or something along the lines)

As long as you understand what your team need and you can fullfill the requirement you can take someone nearly everywhere.

But the classic meta is like disq told you. The classic meta is also what you will see in tournaments/SWC.

You shouldn't care about ranked now, the season ends on 27 and perhaps there will be a new system. And a new CQ map

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Moved to Gameplay Advice.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MyKneeGrowsSSH's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Hi hello,
    These guys pretty much got it locked down, but I wrote this before my net connection flopped, took a while, so I'm back to give my 2 cents, even if I reiterate some points.

1. You'll always be farming and fighting, no 15min prep needed - mid game is hit at around 10minutes in. There's no rule that says you can't juke and fake your opponent around minions and get a 1st blood right off the bat (with clever minion aggros). Do try to push your opponent into their tower while in the farming stage! They get a gold spool penalty just by being in the confines of the tower and not in the actual lane. Also, if you're doing that and your wave gets into their tower, they get even less money off killing your wave for having the tower do damage to it. Other than that, roaming is easier, map is smaller and much quicker to cross so teamfights will happen more often.

2. First off you don't have top or bot. There's duo lane (long lane), mid, solo(short lane), jungle. Duo lane is on the side with the Golden Fury and depending on which side of the map you get (Order/Chaos) it can be on your left or right. So no bot, top, left or right shouts - calls are adc/supp/mid/jungle/solo.

Meta is hunter+guardian on duo, mage with good wave clear and sustain on mid, assassin in the jungle and solo can be another mage with heals or stupid wave clear or any warrior. In the current state of the game though... Ymir (guardian) is a disgusting jungle, the majority of warriors can jungle; even some mages. You also have assassins, guardians and some ADCs (Rama<3) that are able to hold the solo lane, but there's a biiit of work and understanding involved. Also meta duo can be flipped for a mage and/or a warrior with decent CC replacing support, while some mages can be transformed into nightmarish supports themselves. See, nothing is set in stone. Which brings me to this fair warning... Your conquest till lv15-20 will consist of autism sufferers instalocking 4 assassins while you wonder what to do next. Brace yourself.
    I jest...

3. 'Tis important. Especially if you're building stackables. Last hits ftw! Also... You get more gold for taking down a wave with no own minions assisting. If waves are fighting, you get more gold if you lasthit, you know, the classic. You get less gold if your tower helps hit enemy minions and lesser gold spool for sitting under the tower.

4. Lotta fat to chew on the jungle topic. There are different jungling and counterjungling routes you take depending on which side you of the map you start on and it's much more active than I've seen lel to be (smaller map, yea?). In a nutshell, game starts, you drop your speed(chaos)/damage(order), help your solo with their mana, sit in their lane til like lv3-4 or til the other jungle leaves the lane. Then you start ganking, dropping the lower xp camps when they're up, drop other people's buffs, counter, do jungly jungle things. Don't camp a specific lane, especially mid or solo. If you're not ganking and just sitting there, to protect or what-not, you'll just be stealing your mate's lane XP and neglect the other 2 lanes. Move a lot, map's smaller here, you should have no trouble rotating and finding your next target.

Solo... Find your favourite flavor. You like the phys, you like the magics? Pic your poison and try to have some of these things: healing ability, CC escape, dash. There are a LOOOOT of gods and skills out there to go through, but among all the debuffs, DOTs, silences, slows, stuns and booms available, having a dash to secure a kill or escape a killing, a heal or a form of CC immunity will help your sweet solo ass.

5/6 I don't have a pertinent opinion on ranks and know nothing of tournies. Google it.

I have odd playing hours lately, if I even get to log, but PM me in game, same name as here. I'd be glad to play a while if you find me online.

~Ez
    We are hollow human beings in need of filling up,
    Bring your pitcher bring your cup,
    Let's drink, let's drink, let's drink!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Thank you guys for the replies, I pretty much got all the answers I wanted and even more. Now what I need is to start leveling up.

Ill probably stick to the solo lane as the jungle is just too much work for me, maybe even the support role. I mostly prefer playing characters that are tanks. I played a few matches with Ymir really love the dude, building items that provide magic damage and tank stats doing really nice damage. But Ares is hands down my favourite character in this game, tanky but deals insane damage. When I collect enough to buy another character ill probably buy the rock dude looks pretty fun.

Anyway again thank you for the replies and if you can add me and invite me to a game since im not really used to the game client. ho-ho

Cheers!