Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moonflower Dance buff?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!

Moonflower Dance buff?

I think it should, in my opinion.
    That's part of the reason most people usually pick Chang'e nowadays here and there and her heal pales badly in comparison to Hel's which heals far more despite having no scaling (not that Chang'e's is very spectacular at only 30%).
    Even with Rod of Asclepius at level 20 it only healed roughly above a fourth of my health bar, compared to Hel's which healed about 2/4ths, both without Rod of Tahuti.
    A slight damage buff on both the dance's healing and damage aspect would help very much, it's not very viable as an attack but rather only for the healing reduction debuff and passive.
    Hell, I find it more useful of an escape than Moonlit Waltz so I usually end up upgrading that last.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 263
    I've got Chang'e to Diamond, but I mostly only play her in Arena (a couple times in Conquest).

In my opinion all other mages do more damage. In my opinion all other healing gods are better healers.

She needs a little more healing on her Moonflower Dance
    She needs a little more damage on her Crescent
    She needs a little more immunity from her Waltz, perhaps reducing the cast delay and making the immunity last .2 seconds longer.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Chang'e needs no buffs.
    Herc OP?
    B*tch please.

She's Chang'e.
    She counters Op-ules.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    She really doesn't counter Hercules at all. All of her abilities are close range, she has very mage-like base stats when they should be closer to Zhong Kui and other close-range/no escape types and she's very vulnerable to his 2-1 combo nearly killing her outright unless you want to rush Breastplate of Valor and have trouble with lane clear as well as doing much damage at all.

Chang'e's main problem is she's way behind the power curve due to the lackluster base damage and scalings on Crescent Moon and Moonflower.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    I think it should, in my opinion.
    That's part of the reason most people usually pick Chang'e nowadays here and there and her heal pales badly in comparison to Hel's which heals far more despite having no scaling (not that Chang'e's is very spectacular at only 30%).
    Even with Rod of Asclepius at level 20 it only healed roughly above a fourth of my health bar, compared to Hel's which healed about 2/4ths, both without Rod of Tahuti.
    A slight damage buff on both the dance's healing and damage aspect would help very much, it's not very viable as an attack but rather only for the healing reduction debuff and passive.
    Hell, I find it more useful of an escape than Moonlit Waltz so I usually end up upgrading that last.
    She has a free Aegis that ruins 70% of all abilities, and a low CD on all abilities.

Keep her as is. She needs no buff at all.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    She has a free Aegis that ruins 70% of all abilities, and a low CD on all abilities.

Keep her as is. She needs no buff at all.
    She sees little play.

Her damage is poor and her heals are crap with awful damage on it to boot.
    Everything that was good about her was stripped from her so all she is is an ult and a rabbit.
    She needs buffs to be relevant because Nox is better then her in every way because they both share a similar ults but Nox can actually harrass safely, has a defensive passive and true non-ult hard cc on top of being able to mid and solo.
    Also that "free" Aegis can be baited and has a long CD on top of her not being able to cast spells unlike Nox's so she falls behind on damage during it.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceRageBro View Post
    She really doesn't counter Hercules at all. All of her abilities are close range, she has very mage-like base stats when they should be closer to Zhong Kui and other close-range/no escape types and she's very vulnerable to his 2-1 combo nearly killing her outright unless you want to rush Breastplate of Valor and have trouble with lane clear as well as doing much damage at all.

Chang'e's main problem is she's way behind the power curve due to the lackluster base damage and scalings on Crescent Moon and Moonflower.
    Hel and Anubis suffer from that since hirez forgets to update base stats.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Chang'e is fine the way she is. She makes up for her low damage with her amazing mobility. She's hard to chase and can render herself immune to a lot of insane damage. I've dodged anubis', vulcan's, hades, ares, poseidon, he bo, hou yi, and many other crazy damage ults by timing my 2 properly. If they buffed her damage she'd be OP. All of her abilities have very low cooldown too, and her 3 isnt really meant to do damage, I use it to counter heal. She is practically an anti-healer. Chang'e hitting her 3 + Divine ruin will make healing abilities useless.

I'm currently level 6 with her and I've never had a better win/loss rate with another mage. Love her to bits. Anyway, yeah. Low damage, high mobility and low cooldowns. Give her book of thoth and you'll wear your enemy out in lane as you keep poking them none stop until the ult combo. And yes, she does counter hercules if you play her right. Sure, all her abilities are close range but you're not supposed to charge in with it. You hit 1 and swipe it, that way you just go left to right instead of forward and into enemy melee range(i suck at explaining, i know). Also, she can dodge his dangerous combo. If he hits you in the air and turns around to push you to his minions or base you can just 2 then poke him back as his most dangerous abilities are on cd, then 3 to counter his healing.

Chang'e is a lot of fun to use, niche pick. Some will like her and some won't.
    Last edited by RazaqMzale; 01-17-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Just because you suck with a god does not mean they need a buff.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    She sees little play.

Her damage is poor and her heals are crap with awful damage on it to boot.
    Everything that was good about her was stripped from her so all she is is an ult and a rabbit.
    She needs buffs to be relevant because Nox is better then her in every way because they both share a similar ults but Nox can actually harrass safely, has a defensive passive and true non-ult hard cc on top of being able to mid and solo.
    Also that "free" Aegis can be baited and has a long CD on top of her not being able to cast spells unlike Nox's so she falls behind on damage during it.

Hel and Anubis suffer from that since hirez forgets to update base stats.
    Chang'e is also fast as hell, has an ult that works wonders in team fights, has an invincibility, and very low cooldown.

Oh, and pick % stats are complete bullshit.

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Saying she's fast is like saying Zeus is fast because of Aegis Shield (his 2 ability) having movement speed on it--and that's 6 seconds of 30% at max rank out of 15 seconds, with no cooldown reduction. The split-second of +25% movement speed Chang'e has isn't huge and she has a 355 base movement speed, same as Zeus. If you spam all of your abilities with full cooldown reduction as fast as possible with Chang'e, you might get about the same amount of movement speed increase spread over 15 seconds as Zeus does with no cooldown reduction. So is Zeus fast too? No, neither of them are.

If they increased her damage on her 1 and 3 all that'd happen is she'd be more popular because she wouldn't be so behind the power curve and maybe wouldn't absolutely NEED to build full cooldown reduction to try to be relevant at all. Who knows how much more popular she'd be, though. She's one of the mages that currently has some of the lowest damages for a full ability dump and it would take an absolutely massive increase to change that, but she wouldn't need a massive increase to be more than a niche pick.
    Last edited by NiceRageBro; 01-18-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    She doesn't have high numbers for a reason. She has possibly the best passive in the game, extremely low cool downs, and she's fast (thanks to her passive).