Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MatchMaking (serious topic) Your Feedback

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

MatchMaking (serious topic) Your Feedback

Hello, I come here to ask two questions, very simple:

- Do you think the Matchamking is "good" or conversely "does not exist" ?

- Do you think that Hi-Rez do something to improve it or give a damn ?

I do not want to answer "not constructive". But what you really think about it. Because I realize that myself and many friends are making parties "solo" a team "FULL RANDOM" (no premade) and the enemy team regularly a premade at least 2 players sometimes two premades with 2 players.

Do you think this is normal?

Thank you for your serious answers, and your felt.

NOT HATE IN YOUR ANSWER thank you.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    The matchmaking right now people are just too butthurt about. Sure it costs matches, but most of the people who complain are playing casual anyways and not league.

And yes Smite knows it's a problem, it's just difficult to figure out how to do it. It's not easy to create an algorithm based on your previous matches to determine your skill level, and with new players if they do really good their first match (like I did, I went 17-8 as Poseidon) then it might immediately start pairing them up with level 30s despite only having 1 match of experience. So they have to make sure everything works how they want it and how the players want it.

And also, there is a matchmaking subforum under the servers subforum which a mod will likely move this thread to.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Moving it right now.

In essence I do agree MM is difficult to actually balance because of a matter of external factors. Players right now think it's easy to balance matchmaker after all players want to get the same copy of LoL's matchmaker.

The thing about LoL is that their matchmaker isn't perfect either. Elos, win rates, etc don't mean squat when you have different levels of skill in a Moba.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 01-04-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Take a look at my recent matches... losing streak and after ~10 loses I win 1 game... WHY do I fight very skilled enemies?! Why does the matchmaking thinks I'm "good"?

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...x?player=VLADN

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree with you. Balancing the game is very complicated especially in MOBA. For my part I do not criticize balancing "global" just what I criticize (and the problem grows with time, I think) but I can not count the number of parties or I fall against premade while in my team nobody knows. And I find it frustrating to play against players who probably TS or SKYPE to discuss and who can play together.
    I think all premade should count separately in Matchmaking. But I totally agree, balancing is very complicated !

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VLADN View Post
    Take a look at my recent matches... losing streak and after ~10 loses I win 1 game... WHY do I fight very skilled enemies?! Why does the matchmaking thinks I'm "good"?

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...x?player=VLADN
    It thinks you're good because you're level 30 and Mastery Level 57. However, currently that's all it looks at and that's based on experience not skill. That's the issue...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseda1027 View Post
    It thinks you're good because you're level 30 and Mastery Level 57. However, currently that's all it looks at and that's based on experience not skill. That's the issue...
    Yeah, sad system... not I got 1 month ban because of it...Fail report system... no real proof... just random reports gets you banned.
    See you in other games... bye fail smite.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Yeah, sad system... not I got 1 month ban because of it...Fail report system... no real proof... just random reports gets you banned.
    See you in other games... bye fail smite.
    False reports do not get you banned.
    If you were banned, it was because of a real, genuine report that HiRez investigated and discovered was fact.
    Also, 1 month ban means you had more than just a few reports on your record.
    A 30-day ban comes from 4 genuine reports.
    So, not just a few false reports.
    Last edited by Trubblegum; 01-05-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    False reports do not get you banned.
    If you were banned, it was because of a real, genuine report that HiRez investigated and discovered was fact.
    Also, 1 month ban means you had more than just a few reports on your record.
    A 30-day ban comes from 4 genuine reports.
    So, not just a few false reports.
    So, If it happens that I "Harassed" someone 3 months ago, it still counts to this ban... and that's why the system fails. In Dota 2, after 1 month the report expires and it won't count anymore...(old report system)...
    Here, is Smite, if you have a bad day and 2 months ago had raged => you get banned for everything... even if you changed or if you are overall a good player, well mannered and polite...
    It seems like more games have huge problems with the reports systems.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    So, If it happens that I "Harassed" someone 3 months ago, it still counts to this ban... and that's why the system fails. In Dota 2, after 1 month the report expires and it won't count anymore...(old report system)...
    Here, is Smite, if you have a bad day and 2 months ago had raged => you get banned for everything... even if you changed or if you are overall a good player, well mannered and polite...
    It seems like more games have huge problems with the reports systems.
    Like I said
    4 Genuine reports.
    Meaning you had to have done some shit to get it, not just harassing 3 months ago.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.