Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking Sub-Forum is great!

Hybrid View

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Matchmaking Sub-Forum is great!

It's perfect for filtering all of the thousands of threads about the same exact thing into a sub-forum that you can almost completely ignore! It's beautiful!

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    fixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixit

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Before we made this, we just merged everything into one thread anyway. All of those threads are 100% just people complaining. They cannot give constructive feedback because they don't know how to fix it. Therefore, we clump them together to show all the complaints in one place.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I gave constructive feedback. If HiRez didn't read it then just ban talk about servers and matchmaking and lock threads that talk about it. It's aggressive but more closely-aligned with their views on the subject.

Quite frankly I think all they need to do is match player skill level instead of group skill level, since it's very possible the reason people get vastly different skill levels in the same match is because there aren't enough players around your skill level solely because... yeah, it randomly matches players of different skill levels so there aren't enough people to match around your skill level. It's kind of asinine.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Quite frankly I think all they need to do is match player skill level instead of group skill level, since it's very possible the reason people get vastly different skill levels in the same match is because there aren't enough players around your skill level solely because... yeah, it randomly matches players of different skill levels so there aren't enough people to match around your skill level. It's kind of asinine.
    What I noticed is that in the match making, it tries to balance the teams. For example, in my conquest map, the entire enemy team was lvl 30 with 1 lvl 21. On our team, I was lvl 21 and the rest were lvl 30. So it's kinda balanced, although our ADC and Solo sucked and cost us the game. So while the levels of players were balanced, the skill was not.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Let me elaborate what Kaostic is saying, when I started Merging all of the threads I merged the ones that actually provided some constructive feedback, the ones that didn't I either closed off or deleted

Now that MM feedback has its own section we don't have to do this anymore, even though the forum's coc still applies, we can keep most threads open.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Achievements:
    Answer me this then: Is HiRez actually reading anything in that section, or is it just there to make it easier for mods to organize things that'll never make a difference?

If you want to pm me the answer, I can keep a secret. I have a feeling it's the latter.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    None of us work for hi-rez, so... we don't sit in their meetings, nor are we in the know of what they do and don't do on these forums.

Concerning "Do they know their matchmaking needs work"... They'd have to be 100% blind, never open up any help tickets, and never read reddit/forums ever to not know...

As the above states, 99.99999999999999999% of these threads are "MM SUCKS FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT" with no coherent thought except massive rage.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 01-03-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Hmm... I knew you all didn't work for them, but do you really have no communication whatsoever with them? That's kind of like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Achievements:
    As I said, if you match players instead of team there might be less misplaced players at any given time because they won't be forced into situations they're not supposed to be in.

Let's think about this a slightly different way: There are 100 people in the pool.
    30 bad players.
    30 average players.
    20 good players.
    20 highly competent players.

Because it tries to match teams, you get weird comps like 2 highly competent players, a good player, an average player and a bad player on one team, and then 3 highly competent players and 2 bad players on the other team. It seems balanced, but the two bad players feed like crazy and only the bad player on the other side feeds like crazy. The winner is naturally going to be not the side with more really good players, but usually the side with less really bad players. The matchmaker isn't built to recognise that.

The reason for this is most likely because of parties in the game putting weird elo comps together and eating up the number of good possible teams of 5 good players versus 5 good players, instead forcing outliers into matches they have no right to be in despite both sides being literally nothing but solo queueing players.

I think it needs to stop. It needs to only have teams of this type, considering how huge the player base is at this point:

5v5
    4x1 v 4x1
    3x2 v 3x2

And that's it. No five versus a party of four and one. No five versus a party of three and one and one. The playerbase is big enough for this. And it should have an option when a team has been waiting a long time (Five minutes or more) to accept solo queuers when in a party of 3, instead of forcing them in, and putting them in the team when their elo is vastly different. The players themselves should at least be made aware that not enough people are online at that time. Furthermore that information should probably be present somewhere, so we know when peak hours are and can react accordingly.

If players do it to themselves it's one thing. That's consent. If HiRez does it to players, it tends to result in a lot more anger about the subject.