Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic thread in Discussions

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouhappai View Post
    Then do it in the off-topic forum. This is called "Smite Discussion" for a reason, we discuss about the game here. Picture spamming can go in the off-topic forum, it's not like anyone is getting banned or the thread closed because of it. Everyone is still free to express their thread derailing tendencies over there. In fact I was the one (perhaps not the only one) who PMed Dmantakae to have the thread moved, he was reluctant but he did the right thing. As a former moderator on a Guild Wars forum, things like these are an eyesore especially when it's happening in the official forums of my favourite game and I would really like it to look proper and respectable to newcomers who are just coming into the game. When they click on Smite Discussion, they should see exactly that, not picture spam threads.
    Well, if the Off Topic subforum was in the General section (as Dman said), a lot more people would go to it and we'd have an actual off topic thread. The way things are, no one ever looks nor posts in the Off Topic subforum as it just isn't seen.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    What say we merge the sub-forums then? To be honest I feel there are a few sub-forums here that seem quite unnecessary. Guides and Strategy and Gameplay Advice can be merged, General Feedback with Smite Discussion, remove Off-topic and rename it Casual Discussion or General Chat and put it higher on the forum list.

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I am all for moving the off topic sections to the general section. It would help a bit I think.
    Ao Kuang is love, Ao Kuang is life.

A Pirate's Life For Me!

Legendary OOTT member Of The Official Off-topic Section

1000th Reply : Killgunner10

Never Forget What Was Lost. Remember The Old Official Off-topic thread!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

can we get a screenshot thread as well
    Current Number of Gods Ruined by Tencent/Hirez/"Muh Lore" Abominations: i lost count

MY BOOK
    FATASS FANATICS
    a long gone bacchus dream

Undisputed Bacchus King. I will win while doing keg stands - guaranteed

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedGerry View Post
    can we get a screenshot thread as well
    Take all my yes-es.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Honoured Messeery's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    . I just need some support right now.
    Don'y worry I can play geb.
    Inactive player. Will be back when smite gets better.

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    That's because it's full of click bait :P. It had tons and tons of images that get hotlinked a lot that is then posted onto a high-traffic website. Chances are, that post was getting most of it's hits from the images. And if we did it for one sub-forum, we'd eventually have to do it for a second and third, and so on. As I said, it's a forum for a reason.
    Yes there are limits,the Hi-Rez employees are barely on these forums checking stuff here or won't even help if you make tickets regarding problems regarding their own forums because they like reedit more.Even if we had support and help from the programmers,thing that will never happen in the near future,there would still be problems.
    So the main problem people complain about offtopic threads is the fact they start posting pictures and spam the threads.I've seen problems like that on other forum sites and they've done well covering this problem,reedit needs you to click on the link to get to a picture,even this forum has the

you got spoil'd son
    that people could use to hide images or links.Or even make a limit on how many pictures people could post on a thread.
    I mean even the CoC said "making off topic posts that ruin the thread" ,if you're covering your image I don't see a problem in posting images that are offtopic,because it will happen in the future but that doesn't mean people can't control themselves from it.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I have a suggestion, let's make a forum chat. The ideea is kinda hard to implement, and neither I nor as4 know how to do it.

There is wix.com where one can make a web page and in that page you can put a chat.(Donald know what I speak about). The disadvantage is that you must pay a subscribtion for a full chat(not big, I think 5$ month), and the free ones have limitations(like only 4 ppl in chat). I don't know if Kaostic knows how to program a chat.
    This is my ideea to make a compromise.

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    I have a suggestion, let's make a forum chat. The ideea is kinda hard to implement, and neither I nor as4 know how to do it.

There is wix.com where one can make a web page and in that page you can put a chat.(Donald know what I speak about). The disadvantage is that you must pay a subscribtion for a full chat(not big, I think 5$ month), and the free ones have limitations(like only 4 ppl in chat). I don't know if Kaostic knows how to program a chat.
    This is my ideea to make a compromise.
    The problem is that Kaostic and the other mods are volunteered mods and they don't have that permission from what I'm aware of. Changes that big around the forum would only be possible of there was an actually Hi-Rez employee or programmer involved in.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusader View Post
    The problem is that Kaostic and the other mods are volunteered mods and they don't have that permission from what I'm aware of. Changes that big around the forum would only be possible of there was an actually Hi-Rez employee or programmer involved in.
    It's not a question around permissions. It's a question about what's best for the forums. I can pretty much guarantee a chat won't be implemented because:
    • It's something that needs to have moderators present 24/7 in real-time.
    • Detracts from the forum itself
    • Again, makes having a forum somewhat pointless.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic