Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic thread in Discussions

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I am really confused. off-topic thread in discussions will be totally illogical. I always read from refreshing "new posts" and it brings all the new topics so if there is gonna be an off topic thread in the off topic subforum that is attended pretty often..it will be attended pretty often. you mean it should be started here untill it accumulates say about 50 answers and should be moved to off topic subforum? ermm. I am completely lost i guess..like my times in the jungle. yes, despite those huge signs on the walls! so what? I am Xylophobic. I am scared of getting into wrng camps and stealing people's buffs and exps and gold. oh, I want to die.

Oh whatever, luckily that's easy each time, i am in the game anyway

Xylophobic:A Smite player with an irrational fear of wood, forest, or trees.(i didnt made up the word. it really exists according to the sources)
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Xylophobic,poor people playing in jungle or with Sylvanus.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusader View Post
    Xylophobic,poor people playing in jungle or with Sylvanus.
    what? not one bit. why dont you trust me. just trust me for god's sake. I may be a lousy player but I speak according to the sources.

look :

http://smiteacademy.wordpress.com/smite-dictionary/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    I am really confused. off-topic thread in discussions will be totally illogical. I always read from refreshing "new posts" and it brings all the new topics so if there is gonna be an off topic thread in the off topic subforum that is attended pretty often..it will be attended pretty often. you mean it should be started here untill it accumulates say about 50 answers and should be moved to off topic subforum? ermm. I am completely lost i guess..like my times in the jungle. yes, despite those huge signs on the walls! so what? I am Xylophobic. I am scared of getting into wrng camps and stealing people's buffs and exps and gold. oh, I want to die.
    He's not saying that off-topic threads should be started in the Smite Discussion subforum, he's talking about a specific thread that was moved to the off-topic subforum.

I believe he's referring to this thread and saying that it should not have been moved to the off-topic subforum. As it was a place for the regulars of the Smite Discussion subforum to get to know each other and unwind with friendly banter.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2090 View Post
    He's not saying that off-topic threads should be started in the Smite Discussion subforum, he's talking about a specific thread that was moved to the off-topic subforum.

I believe he's referring to this thread and saying that it should not have been moved to the off-topic subforum. As it was a place for the regulars of the Smite Discussion subforum to get to know each other and unwind with friendly banter.
    but it is still there and not locked. why cant we use it now in its own rightful place which is offtopic? why there should be an offtopic thread in discussion subforum? off topic subforum isnt excluded if we refresh "new posts". so all sub-forums' all threads have the same visibility opportunity as long as they are attended. I will go hit my head onto a jungle wall before i get myself killed to some camp creeps.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    BUT HOW DO YOU DERAIL AN ALREADY OFF TOPIC THREAD?

Nobody will tell me
    You just do. Internet logic.

I do support an off topic thread in the discussions. I've been derailing threads admittedly, since it's gone.

Edit: Excuse my shitty Puush skills

I haven't been able to vote
    Last edited by Disquieted1; 12-28-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Honestly, I'm voting for moving Off-Topic to the "General" section.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    but it is still there and not locked. why cant we use it now in its own rightful place which is offtopic? why there should be an offtopic thread in discussion subforum? off topic subforum isnt excluded if we refresh "new posts". so all sub-forums' all threads have the same visibility opportunity as long as they are attended. I will go hit my head onto a jungle wall before i get myself killed to some camp creeps.
    Not necessarily. Not everyone uses the "New Posts" tool. Many just sit in the Smite Discussion subforum and hit refresh every now and then to see if anything new popped up. That thread was a place for people to go just have fun and talk to each other while still lurking in the most popular section of the forum with ease. While it is a simple matter to just open more than one tab, many people just don't do it.

It's nice to have a place where you can speak your mind without fear of derailing the thread, since the thread is already inherently derailed.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2090 View Post
    Not necessarily. Not everyone uses the "New Posts" tool. Many just sit in the Smite Discussion subforum and hit refresh every now and then to see if anything new popped up. That thread was a place for people to go just have fun and talk to each other while still lurking in the most popular section of the forum with ease. While it is a simple matter to just open more than one tab, many people just don't do it.

It's nice to have a place where you can speak your mind without fear of derailing the thread, since the thread is already inherently derailed.
    Pretty much this.
    Comparing Smite discussion to the other some subforums, you can classify them as dead. There is currently not an active/large enough forum community to have all these subforums. In the end most of the forum community will focus only on smite discussion.
    Ao Kuang is love, Ao Kuang is life.

A Pirate's Life For Me!

Legendary OOTT member Of The Official Off-topic Section

1000th Reply : Killgunner10

Never Forget What Was Lost. Remember The Old Official Off-topic thread!