Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic thread in Discussions

Hybrid View

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points

Off Topic thread in Discussions

Well this is my last effort to try and bring the Off Topic thread back in Discussions.
    If this doesnt work either, ill give up. The point of this is to know what you people think about having an off topic thread in discussions.
    Most of the people reading this should already know about it, seeing it was the most successful thread in a long time with +16000 views but ill explain it one more time.
    "The (Un)Official Off-topic section of the Smite Discussion section" was a thread created by a member, Alprazolamum. The whole point of the thread was for the forum members to relax, talk to each other and have fun.

But the Off Topic section doesnt have enough activity to support it (10-14 views) while in Discussions the thread got a chance to prosper.
    A lot of people joined in and it was really fun while it lasted. It got us together as a community, we got to learn more about each other and made new friends.
    The main argument against the thread seems to be OffTopic =/= Discussions.
    But really i fail to see what harm it would do to keep it in discussions.
    The thread didnt break any heavy CoC rules and as i said it really got the members of this forum together.
    I see way more advantages to it, the only "disadvantage" would be that there will be one more thread in Discussions.
    But, this was originaly allowed because the mods agreed that there was not enough activity/enough of a comminity to support the off topic section. Dman was nice enough to let it prosper.It was a fun place to chat while waiting for queue to pop, idley checking your phone, alt tabbing or just talking to other people. While there was already an 'inner circle' it brought the forum community together and decreased derailing.

When it was moved, derailing went hay-wire. Everyone was used to there being somewhere for fun-stuff and teasing. And without a spot for that to happen, the community got out of control, and threads had to be closed and purged left and right.

At the moment, I personally don’t agree with the current Mod-Leader ship and some of their decisions. While I do respect it, and will obey it, at the moment it is "too much." By that I mean, the forum has become a very strict place on a tight leash. While I understand that Kaostic wanted help moderating, Im not sure we need 7-8 mods for such a small community where only one of the sections can be considered active.

I understand that the smite community can be rowdy and misbehaving sometimes, but the current system is not letting us do anything.
    There are currently threads being closed and moved everywhere. And I honestly wouldnt have a problem with that. But this isnt MMO-Champion, this is the Smite forums. We don’t have the community/numbers to support so many subsections.
    As mentioned before the only section that gets any activity at all is Discussions Section, move the thread out of there and its dead.
    I truly do appreciate what Kaostic was trying to do. Help the forum community because we kept complaining "Not enough love for the smite forums." However I think the method was over kill. I feel like Kaostic's intentions were to make this forums look like they were taken seriously, and again, I truly do appreciate the inbox increase, the new avatars, everything.

But all in all, its just my opinion that this method was not the right path. I understand that order needs to be had to let these forums prosper, but, please allow us to still have fun and bond as a community. Please reconsider letting the off-topics back, so we have somewhere to do that.

Poll : http://strawpoll.me/3281704

In case 600 words are too much to read:
    Off topic thread to be allowed back in discussions. Yes or no let us know what you think.

-DonaldX&Trisitella
    Last edited by DonaldX; 12-28-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran

Wait a minute, how in the hell do you derail an off-topic thread?
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    I keep pushing for a reshuffling and a reorganisation of the forums, by removing unused subforums, and moving important subforums to the top - alas, to no avail. I firmly believe that doing so will solve most of the issues that a lot of people have. We increase activity, help moderation and make the forum a more pleasant place to be. I just need some support right now.
    Last edited by AlexError; 12-28-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    I keep pushing and requesting for a reshuffling and a reorganisation of the forums, by removing unused subforums, and moving important subforums to the top - alas, to no avail. I firmly believe that removing subforums, reorganising the feedback AND god feedback subforums and moving off topic higher up will solve most of the issues that a lot of people have. I just need some support right now.
    ^This. I helped Donald write his message, and like I said, while I respect the mod leader ship, I dont agree with it(On this matter). Would I if we had a large community? Yes! Of course! But right now we only have an average say 100-200 people reading general discussion at any time. So, what there's maybe 250-300-ish on and off members.

I appreciate the effort, but we just simply dont have the numbers or a large enough community to support the sub-sections. They get almost no attention.

I firmly believe that removing subforums, reorganising the feedback AND god feedback subforums and moving off topic higher up will solve most of the issues that a lot of people have. I just need some support right now.
    I would support this. Derailing went to an all-time high when Off topics was removed because people no longer had a place to tease and have fun.
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    I keep pushing for a reshuffling and a reorganisation of the forums, by removing unused subforums, and moving important subforums to the top - alas, to no avail. I firmly believe that doing so will solve most of the issues that a lot of people have. We increase activity, help moderation and make the forum a more pleasant place to be. I just need some support right now.
    That would be nice, since the forum's users seem to be pushed to one spot (this sub-forum here) by its structure, even if it wasn't the intention.

Senior Member Honoured Messeery's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    . I just need some support right now.
    Don'y worry I can play geb.
    Inactive player. Will be back when smite gets better.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Still didnt answer my question.
    How to derail a train that was never on the rails to begin with?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    They should have stickied it not moved it. I still fail to comprehend the logic. The size is one thread. Is it that much?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Hmm,yes,yes,indeed,yes,yes.

Achievements:
    BUT HOW DO YOU DERAIL AN ALREADY OFF TOPIC THREAD?

Nobody will tell me