Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Scylla a superior Anubis in disguise?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WolfHero's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Is Scylla a superior Anubis in disguise?

Please note that these numbers are obtained from the potentially slightly outdated Smitefire. Also, the damage isn't counting passive damage buffs.

QUICK LEARNER:
    Not much to see here. It grants her max ranked skills additional effects and it buffs her slightly for each max rank.
    SORROW:
    Steals protections and increases lifesteal if you use an ability on someone, apparently it even gives you crowd control reduction. Amazing passive, potentially broken.

SIC 'EM:

Deals up to 260 damage with 60% damage scaling. It also stuns for 1.75 seconds, tops.
    MUMMIFY:
    At most it stuns for two seconds. That's it, no damage.

CRUSH:
    Creates an AoE pool that can be detonated early for the full damage burst, scaling much higher but still doing much less potential damage. Also, it slows as well and takes half of the role of Anubis's passive with the protection reduction.
    GRASPING HANDS:
    Deals 340 damage if all four ticks hit with an additional 1260 from max damage scaling, which normally requires use of mummify. It also slows... That damage is no joke if you pull it off.

SENTINEL:
    Immensely useful for vision, getting around and even a small MP5 boost.
    PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS:
    Root yourself for good damage... To both you and the opponent, unless by some chance you get an opportunity.

I'M A MONSTER:
    Scylla gets at max 800 base damage with this. 800. Included is a 120% damage scaling resulting in a potential 1080 additional damage, giving her 1880 damage to do whatever she pleases with. If she kills a god, she gets a chance to kill another one for a few seconds. In addition, she gains a MASSIVE movement speed buff.
    DEATH GAZE:
    43 damage + 15% of your magical power on each tick of a very thin, very precise beam that also roots you. Hitting all of your hits results in a whopping 1290 damage without the damage from scaling, but even then you have to have the god stunned before you can get them secured for the kill. If someone gets Greater Purification you're not going to do much.
    ... On the flipside, with the maximum amount of MD you'll end up with 4050 additional damage through scaling... Which is more monstrous than Scylla could even dream to be. That's why the beam is so thin, though.

So what do you guys think? Scylla is much more reliable in terms of more guaranteed damage and her mobility is often far superior, but Anubis just REEKS of damage potential at the cost of not getting anywhere anytime soon to actually do it or escape from a botched attempt.

(I didn't know where to put this, so this seemed like a good place.)
    Last edited by WolfHero; 12-27-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    To me, it seems Scylla and Anubis are very similar. But, one is not at all superior to another. They both have high damage and are squishy, but Scylla has an escape. She also has to predict for her ult. Anubis doesn't have to do either.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Honoured Otsoaero's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 619
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Every mage is superior to Anoobis.
    Rip Winged Blade
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/ <-- It's you're last chance to stop ruining Smite, balance team!

"CC a problem? Nerf beads!" 2016 HiRez logic

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Replace Anubis with Kukulkan. Swap "3" and "2" on one of them and you got it.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    why you think kkk needs buff?

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Replace Anubis with Kukulkan. Swap "3" and "2" on one of them and you got it.
    Pretty much.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by JIeBuc View Post
    why you think kkk needs buff?

If you changed this thread around and replaced Anubis with Kukulkan:
    1: Scylla root+cripple, more damage, Kukulkan slow.
    2S,3K: Scylla instant damage, MUCH more damage, easier to hit, much less mana, protection reduction
    3S,2K: A speed buff vs. a teleport going through cripples with split push function? No contest.
    4: Both can hit in approx. the same range and multiple targets. Scylla is a bit harder to dodge, but may not achieve full potential (target may survive).
    One could argue that Kukulkan's passive outweighs Scylla, but Scylla actually deals more damage due to her attacks' innate potential.
    Then there's this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Here's some supportive evidence for all who voted Kukulkan worst (I'd vote second worst but that'd make this complicated):
    https://smite.guru/queue/league/conquest
    Show: All
    Sort by: KDR, pick %, win %

KDR ("KDA" but no assists counted in): 12th from bottom (and yes, counting tanks, healers)
    Pick: 5th bottom
    Win: 3rd bottom
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,788
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    A comparison of base stats, assuming everything hits at max level, and only on one target, not taking advantage of pen or passive.

Anubis : 570 + 240%
    Kukulkan : 240 + 60%
    Scylla : 260 + 60%

Anubis : 2s wrap, no damage
    Kukulkan : No Damage, Escape
    Scylla : 290 + 80%
    Anubis : 340 + 140%
    Kukulkan : 200 + 60% ~ 600 + 180% (The second stat assumes enemy stays in tornado for 4 seconds)
    Scylla : No damage. Warp ability.
    Anubis : 1290 + 450%
    Kukulkan : 800 + 120%
    Scylla : 800 + 120%

Total Damage assuming everything hits at max, on a single target.

Anubis : 2200 + 830%
    Kukulkan : 1240 + 240% ~ 1640 + 360%
    Scylla : 1350 + 260%

I think the goobis wins the holy shit factor.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 12-27-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I checked stats for kkk conq league for last 2 month.

48% winrate (it was 49-52% before nerf). His pick is same 14-16%. His kills droped from 5.5-6 to 5.15. Also a bit drop in assist (it was 6.5-7 and not its 6.35) and his death is same (so i think its because dot damage than enemy tried to escape and die from 6 ticks damage, but not 1-1 fight). His kda is 1.59-1.61 (was near 1.8) and his kdr is 0.98-1 (was 1.05-1.18). So yea, that nerf did some changes.

But scylla has only 9% pick and its almost 2 times lower. Her winrate is 45-47%. Her kda is 1.8 and her kdr is 1.1 (pretty close to old kkk stats). Btw she has only slightly lower death rate (kkk - 5.15 and scylla - 4.98). Looks a bit strange, she has better potential, but in reality lower winrate with picks? Why? Because kkk fits mid much more.

1. He has best or near that waveclear with pushing. Its rly important in mid, because:
    a. Makes enemy lose gold from lasthits.
    b. Makes enemy to take some damage or damage to tower.
    c. Makes enemy spend time for wave. It allows us to clear mid camps much easier
    And scylla has one of the weakest clear in a game.
    2. Their oneshot potential is quite close. Its burst meta with much cc and mid camp fights, so scylla can use 1-ult or kkk can use 1-ult or just any cc from team is enough to almost instant oneshot enemy.

But again, for mid caps mid should clear wave and their waveclear abilities is absolutely opposite. So maybe kkk has not the best stats, but he doing his mid job is more than ok and it allows team to snowroll early advantage. Thats why kkk has better pick and winrate.

Achievements:
    Scylla win rate 47.75%
    Kukulkan win rate 42.89%
    Scylla pick rate 18.71%
    Kukulkan pick rate 3.99%
    Scylla KDR 1.16
    Kukulkan KDR 0.84
    What better pick/win are you talking about?
    https://smite.guru/queue/league/conquest
    Last edited by SeventhArchon; 12-27-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    wtb new signature