Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: The suspension policy MUST change.

  1. #41
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post
    Taken from http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ode-of-Conduct



    Technically speaking posting a thread in the wrong category is inappropriate, and as such the moderators can (and did) take actions at their discretion.

    You agreed to the ToS and as such you gave up your rights to Freedom of Expression, or at least some.
    Maybe I did, we both know people don't read all that stuff. But that doesn't mean it's right. "At their discretion" so if one of them has a personal problem with me my freedom of speech is automatically taken away. Not right at all, but I digress, the point of this thread was about the suspension system, people seem to like it better that way. Sad but I can't do anything about it except express my perspective and a way to make it fairer imo.

  2. #42
    Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere, Nowhere
    Posts
    8,400
    31
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Maybe I did, we both know people don't read all that stuff. But that doesn't mean it's right. "At their discretion" so if one of them has a personal problem with me my freedom of speech is automatically taken away. Not right at all, but I digress, the point of this thread was about the suspension system, people seem to like it better that way. Sad but I can't do anything about it except express my perspective and a way to make it fairer imo.
    We are not tyrants, we try to maintain the order as stated within the rules of the Code of Conduct.

    We do not ban, suspend, etc to any user we would have issues with. As long as you have respect to those that dwell here then we will not have any issues. Keep it clean and simple.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*


  3. #43
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post
    On your original point in this thread.

    I see no problem, at least in terms of punishable actions, with smurfing caused by being banned or otherwised.

    Smurfing is to me an jerk move, but if someone is going to quit because of being stomped by a smurf, they will quit for other reasons. Like being stomped by premades. Or by being stomped by a high ranked player at level 30 in the casual queue. If people are willing to quit because of being stomped, it doesn't matter who the stomper is.

    Should we ban people who premade or people who just happen to have a really good game?

    Smurfing is no more detrimental to peoples continued playing of this game, at least compared to other actions likely premading or just stomping at level 30. Thus it can't be viewed as any more detrimental to their continued profit.

    Harassment, feeding, or afking games will cause people to leave the game. Especially if it happens on a regular basis. This will cause a loss in profits, and there is no comparitive 'legal' actions that would be equally detrimental.
    Thus it only makes sense to ban or suspend them.

    If they then choose to create a new account and smurf, that can hardly be blaimed on Hi Rez. And smurfing is better than Harassment/Feeding/Afking.
    I reverse that logic and tell you that If someone is going to quit because of harassment then they probably quit just by having a bad game, getting stomped on by a better player/ players. But since being better isn't punished the issue is how do we punish the thing that should be, harassment.

    How do you and anybody else find the proposal I gave, 1 week flat for any offense other than death threats, sexual orientation harassment or racism. After all there's the mute button if you find that player harassing you a week later. You mute them, you report them again and a couple of days later they get suspended for another week. That means that if they are consistently harassing they will play around 3 days for each week they are banned, probably ending up losing free gem promotions or even the chance to play that week after a long day at work/ college/ school.

    Currently they are suspended for much more than that, they just create smurf accounts and continue on the same path, even more bitter for their suspension and even angrier and more easily riled up. So we remove the problem of harassment from higher levels and transfer it to newer levels, as their elo will get them matched with new accounts.

  4. #44
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GeneralTeknik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    98
    1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    You mean my post? How is the very mention of racism uncivil? Are we not allowed to acknoledge historical events anymore without being considered racists? I'm glad people strove for equal rights and freedom. That was my point, fight for change, don't accept things as they are because they just are this way.
    No. He was talking to me. The guy has already made personal off-topic attacks against me in the past (name-and-shaming style attacks), and it seems that both reporting him and directly asking him to stop or send his concerns to my PM inbox has done nothing to alleviate the problem.... hence my justified perception of this forum's moderation in part.
    .
    .
    Anyways, you make some decent points, yourself. Try not to take my post as a personal attack on your opinions.
    You have every right to want to do something to change the way Hi-Rez operates it's Freemium game, Smite. I can totally sympathize with you on that.
    I'm just saying that your effort is 100% wasted here on that issue. It strikes at the core of Smite's revenue stream.
    That's everything from the seemingly purposely horrible matchmaker all the way to the ridiculous banning system (if you have a party of four, you can basically insta-ban your 5th teammate for no legitimate reason... this has been proven to work countless times in Smite) being tailored towards squeezing as much money out of paying customers as possible.
    It's a common practice in 2nd-rate f2p games, and there's even similar practices that have been exposed in AAA online multiplayer buy2play games from 1st-class studios (like EA's dismissiveness towards the plague of hack vendors that sell subscription based hack services to top games like Battlefield 4, just because those same hack services purchase thousands of copies of the game to sell to it's cheating users. ex: already max leveled accounts, or discounted replacement accounts once cheater gets banned, etc..).
    Some studios/publishers are just that way, and Hi-Rez has already proven where they fall, with their history of service in previous games and Smite beta.
    Last edited by GeneralTeknik; 12-26-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: 5th teammate
    Smite's Matchmaker Sucks.
    .
    -Hi-Rez readily admits that it's MM sucks.
    -It's NOT the fault of any of the players that play Smite. Smite's crappy MM is 100% the fault of it's creators and maintainers, Hi-Rez Studios.
    -So try to be part of the solution, while never letting Hi-Rez forget that they are 100% responsible for the problem.
    .
    My in-game profile/stats:
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...=GeneralTeknik

  5. #45
    Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere, Nowhere
    Posts
    8,400
    31
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTeknik View Post
    No. He was talking to me. The guy has already made personal off-topic attacks against me in the past (name-and-shaming style attacks), and it seems that both reporting him and directly asking him to stop or send his concerns to my PM inbox has done nothing to alleviate the problem.... hence my justified perception of this forums moderation.
    I did not make personal attacks in the past. You broke forum rules so I had to warn you of your behavior which was unacceptable.

    Right now I'm going to keep this thread open, but anymore attacks on forum moderation will not be ignored. I'm nice, but I will not tolerate attacks on the forum staff. Anymore will result in infractions.

    If you have a problem then PM me. Follow the rules of the Code of Conduct.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 12-26-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*


  6. #46
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTeknik View Post
    Anyways, you make some decent points, yourself. Try not to take my post as a personal attack on your opinions.
    You have every right to want to do something to change the way Hi-Rez operates it's Freemium game, Smite. I can totally sympathize with you on that.
    I'm just saying that your effort is 100% wasted here on that issue. It strikes at the core of Smite's revenue stream.
    That's everything from the seemingly purposely horrible matchmaker all the way to the ridiculous banning system (if you have a party of four, you can basically insta-ban your fourth teammate for no legitimate reason... this has been proven to work countless times in Smite) being tailored towards squeezing as much money out of paying customers as possible.
    It's a common practice in 2nd-rate f2p games, and there's even similar practices that have been exposed in AAA online multiplayer buy2play games from 1st-class studios (like EA's dismissiveness towards the plague of hack vendors that sell subscription based hack services to top games like Battlefield 4, just because those same hack services purchase thousands of copies of the game to sell to it's cheating users. ex: already max leveled accounts, or discounted replacement accounts once cheater gets banned, etc..).
    Some studios/publishers are just that way. Hi-Rez has already proven where they fall, with their history of service in previous games and Smite beta.
    Of course I can't interpret that as an attack on my opinions, all you did was tell me that advocating about a change on the current suspension system is like telling Hi-Rez to stop making money by banning accounts and making people pay more for new ones. They do claim that all reports are reviewed by people so you get suspended only by real harassment, not just claims of harassment. But I can't tell whether they're lying about it or not. I have no proof of that. If what you say has truth in it though, then that's really sad.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Chosen Loulina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Legoland
    Posts
    1,349
    10
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    I reverse that logic and tell you that If someone is going to quit because of harassment then they probably quit just by having a bad game, getting stomped on by a better player/ players. But since being better isn't punished the issue is how do we punish the thing that should be, harassment.

    How do you and anybody else find the proposal I gave, 1 week flat for any offense other than death threats, sexual orientation harassment or racism. After all there's the mute button if you find that player harassing you a week later. You mute them, you report them again and a couple of days later they get suspended for another week. That means that if they are consistently harassing they will play around 3 days for each week they are banned, probably ending up losing free gem promotions or even the chance to play that week after a long day at work/ college/ school.

    Currently they are suspended for much more than that, they just create smurf accounts and continue on the same path, even more bitter for their suspension and even angrier and more easily riled up. So we remove the problem of harassment from higher levels and transfer it to newer levels, as their elo will get them matched with new accounts.
    you are saying loss of his high level account might make him/her more aggressive perhaps when he returns? Hmm. makes sense.

    it is always best to try to win everyone, I have to agree. But it is too idealistic, you know right?
    But even if it is really a person who didnt care about the first warning, second warning, third warning and forth warning and on and on? But why? why should somebody do this? sounds really insane. an intruder from other moba game owners to shake the environment? Only logical thing perhaps..with an actual motive. The other apparently is a self harming person. he/she should be given a relaxing time away from the game for his/her wellbeing anyway. A ban is a favor in this case. But of course, there is always a decent way to tell people stuff. Not like I said it here.

  8. #48
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GeneralTeknik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    98
    1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Of course I can't interpret that as an attack on my opinions, all you did was tell me that advocating about a change on the current suspension system is like telling Hi-Rez to stop making money by banning accounts and making people pay more for new ones. They do claim that all reports are reviewed by people so you get suspended only by real harassment, not just claims of harassment. But I can't tell whether they're lying about it or not. I have no proof of that. If what you say has truth in it though, then that's really sad.
    There where groups of players that tested the banning system in the past. It was proven multiple times that a party of four could get their 5th teammate banned for no legitimate reason. There was even many posts about those experiments during the beta, and they were always met with silence and suppression from Hi-Rez (this was back when Hi-Rez devs still frequented the official forums.)
    That issue along with a few other major ones (like when Hi-Rez attempted to force a shady runes system onto the community) led to a rift between Hi-Rez and beta testers, ultimately seeming to lead to the complete disappearance of the original official forums as well as the disappearance of Hi-Rez's dev presence on the official forums.
    .
    I'm telling you, you're wasting your time. But it's cool, if that helps you cope with the situation. Venting can be the only way that some of manage to stay interested in this game at all.
    Smite's Matchmaker Sucks.
    .
    -Hi-Rez readily admits that it's MM sucks.
    -It's NOT the fault of any of the players that play Smite. Smite's crappy MM is 100% the fault of it's creators and maintainers, Hi-Rez Studios.
    -So try to be part of the solution, while never letting Hi-Rez forget that they are 100% responsible for the problem.
    .
    My in-game profile/stats:
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...=GeneralTeknik

  9. #49
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTeknik View Post
    There where groups of players that tested the banning system in the past. It was proven multiple times that a party of four could get their 5th teammate banned for no legitimate reason. There was even many posts about those experiments during the beta, and they were always met with silence and suppression from Hi-Rez (this was back when Hi-Rez devs still frequented the official forums.)
    That issue along with a few other major ones (like when Hi-Rez attempted to force a shady runes system onto the community) led to a rift between Hi-Rez and beta testers, ultimately seeming to lead to the complete disappearance of the original official forums as well as the disappearance of Hi-Rez's dev presence on the official forums.
    .
    I'm telling you, you're wasting your time. But it's cool, if that helps you cope with the situation. Venting can be the only way that some of manage to stay interested in this game at all.
    Damn, so you tell me that what I have to do in order to keep my account is not piss off clans? Maybe the enemy clan that was defeated feels like they want to punish me and the rest of my team for winning. Maybe that was the case in beta when they didn't have that much personnel to address those matters and they insta- banned when reports came in the system.
    I keep an open mind about things hoping for the best, maybe you're right though. I've still not seen anything compelling to believe or disbelieve that claim.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Chosen Loulina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Legoland
    Posts
    1,349
    10
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTeknik View Post
    There where groups of players that tested the banning system in the past. It was proven multiple times that a party of four could get their 5th teammate banned for no legitimate reason. There was even many posts about those experiments during the beta, and they were always met with silence and suppression from Hi-Rez (this was back when Hi-Rez devs still frequented the official forums.)
    That issue along with a few other major ones (like when Hi-Rez attempted to force a shady runes system onto the community) led to a rift between Hi-Rez and beta testers, ultimately seeming to lead to the complete disappearance of the original official forums as well as the disappearance of Hi-Rez's dev presence on the official forums.
    .
    I'm telling you, you're wasting your time. But it's cool, if that helps you cope with the situation. Venting can be the only way that some of manage to stay interested in this game at all.

    Sounds scary
    Just to relieve myself.
    beings normally dont act against their apparent wellbeing if they arent totally agitated and are in their right minds. Organizations are better and smarter at this than human. Hi-rez or any other company would avoid losing customers. it doesnt serve to their wellbeing. Probably a permenant ban requires a detailed examination that is restricted with many criterias including if the same member is reported by same gang and alike.
    On the other hand, if hirez is ok with losing me for no reason at all, it will sure go on.No direct damage will happen to it. So will I, with a bit of hurting for a while. but in that case, as a being with soul, i probably will last longer.
    Last edited by Loulina; 12-26-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •