Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The suspension policy MUST change.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
    I blame the culture really I do.... Games use to be realistic and brutal, now-a-days we have all kinds of system to prevent hurt feelings or griefing.

What can you expect from a culture where everyone gets a trophy for showing up and trying. This brood of liberals cant take jokes or any form of verbal assault.
    I agree with you to a certain point, if someone is harassing you verbally then harass them back. If you're not like this and you can't concern yourself with that person then the "mute" button is a perfect solution to that problem.

But since some people wish to report and punish raging players then fine by me. I would be perfectly fine without reporting anybody for harassing me but I can't speak for everyone. But that doesn't mean that any suspension system is/ should be acceptable for the reasons I listed. The current one is just recycling the people with "bad conduct", making the experience for new players horrible.

The report system shouldn't be abandoned by any means, but it should definitely be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTeknik View Post
    Why did this thread make it past one post?
    There should have only been a single reply... a moderator moving it out of this section or closing it down.
    Because freedom of speech. For the same reason you're allowed to express your opinion with as many replies as you wish.

Of course the ban policy has everything to do with making more money. That's how 2nd-rate freemium games work. We should all know that by now.
    It is what it is. Get over it, or move on.
    So by that logic if you went 60 years back you would have a problem with blacks having equal rights to white people. "This is how things are, accept it and move on." Right? No.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GeneralTeknik's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Because freedom of speech. For the same reason you're allowed to express your opinion with as many replies as you wish.

So by that logic if you went 60 years back you would have a problem with blacks having equal rights to white people. "This is how things are, accept it and move on." Right? No.
    Chill.....
    You posted your thread in the wrong sub-forum. It's General Feedback about the banning policy, not a discussion about Smite the game itself.
    I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of this forum's worthless moderation and favoritism.
    Smite's Matchmaker Sucks.
    -Hi-Rez readily admits that it's MM sucks.
    -It's NOT the fault of any of the players that play Smite. Smite's crappy MM is 100% the fault of it's creators and maintainers, Hi-Rez Studios.
    -So try to be part of the solution, while never letting Hi-Rez forget that they are 100% responsible for the problem.
    My in-game profile/stats:
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...=GeneralTeknik

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    I'll move this to the feedback section, but keep it civil. *Above post* Uncalled for post right now this is a warning.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Maybe some are so bad that the only way they can win without getting carried is by playing with new players, I'm willing to estimate they aren't that many though. Some others lately started creating accounts in order to get the Sockettyr skin or even the gems awarded for referrals and I am 100% sure of this because I've seen names such as "gimmeSocketyrPLZ". xD

But I think the largest amount of smurf accounts is by people that have been suspended for a month or more or even banned and decided that Smite is too good of a game to abandon it altogether. Yeah that's just recycling bad behavior, not solving it.
    I understand that you very much like to improve it but some bad behaviour will always recycle no matter how good/improved the system that you set up is.. there is no way of avoiding it totally and completely.
    When a person gets a lot of feedback on a topic that's bugging them, I always recommend that s/he should spent a day or two days contemplating on all those feedbacks before even thinking further or it just gets really tiring and increases the changes of ending up with wrong conclusions.

Again, thank you

Senior Member Honoured FreezingVoid's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    I'm not sure freedom of speech applies here. Hi Rez and vBulletin, may be an American Companys, but this is the Internet, not public domain. (There is no such thing as public domain on the internet.)
    Further more, you give up all rights you may have held in the real world when you agreed to their ToS.

If your message breaks the ToS it will be deleted, moved to a sub forum with less traffic, or the thread will be locked to reduce the traffic to that thread.
    Last edited by FreezingVoid; 12-26-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Chill.....
    You posted your thread in the wrong sub-forum. It's General Feedback about the banning policy, not a discussion about Smite the game itself.
    I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of this forum's worthless moderation and favoritism.
    I am calm sir, but the "just accept how things are and don't try to change them if you feel it's not right" isn't really the way to go for me. As for the forum, you're probably right, I rarely come to the forums anyway so I can't speak for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post
    I'm not sure freedom of speech applies here. Hi Rez may be an American Company, but this is the Internet, not public domain. (There is no such thing as public domain on the internet.)
    Further more, you give up all rights you may have held in the real world when you agreed to their ToS.

If your message breaks the ToS it will be deleted, moved to a sub forum with less traffic, or the thread will be locked to reduce the traffic to that thread.
    But as far as I knew it doesn't so it cannot be deleted without violating this right.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    I'll move this to the feedback section, but keep it civil. *Above post* Uncalled for post right now this is a warning.
    You mean my post? How is the very mention of racism uncivil? Are we not allowed to acknoledge historical events anymore without being considered racists? I'm glad people strove for equal rights and freedom. That was my point, fight for change, don't accept things as they are because they just are this way.

*mod merge*
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 12-26-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Sorry to break off topic here, but we do have an edit button so kindly use it. ^_^

I won't try to change your mind, but as far it is the current ToS works and you are the only one to have an issue with it. If others agree with you on the stance then so be it.

You mean my post? How is the very mention of racism uncivil? Are we not allowed to acknoledge historical events anymore without being considered racists? I'm glad people strove for equal rights and freedom. That was my point, fight for change, don't accept things as they are because they just are this way.

No I meant users like GeneralTecknick insulting the forum moderation to keep it civil.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 12-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Sorry to break off topic here, but we do have an edit button so kindly use it. ^_^

I won't try to change your mind, but as far it is the current ToS works and you are the only one to have an issue with it. If others agree with you on the stance then so be it.

No I meant users like GeneralTecknick insulting the forum moderation to keep it civil.
    Yeah sorry for the spam of comments, I should've put them together but I lack the knowledge of how to do that.

Senior Member Honoured FreezingVoid's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Taken from http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ode-of-Conduct

forum moderators and forum staff have full discretion to address any behavior or events that they feel are inappropriate.
    Technically speaking posting a thread in the wrong category is inappropriate, and as such the moderators can (and did) take actions at their discretion.

You agreed to the ToS and as such you gave up your rights to Freedom of Expression, or at least some.

On your original point in this thread.

I see no problem, at least in terms of punishable actions, with smurfing caused by being banned or otherwised.

Smurfing is to me an jerk move, but if someone is going to quit because of being stomped by a smurf, they will quit for other reasons. Like being stomped by premades. Or by being stomped by a high ranked player at level 30 in the casual queue. If people are willing to quit because of being stomped, it doesn't matter who the stomper is.

Should we ban people who premade or people who just happen to have a really good game?

Smurfing is no more detrimental to peoples continued playing of this game, at least compared to other actions likely premading or just stomping at level 30. Thus it can't be viewed as any more detrimental to their continued profit.

Harassment, feeding, or afking games will cause people to leave the game. Especially if it happens on a regular basis. This will cause a loss in profits, and there is no comparitive 'legal' actions that would be equally detrimental.
    Thus it only makes sense to ban or suspend them.

If they then choose to create a new account and smurf, that can hardly be blaimed on Hi Rez. And smurfing is better than Harassment/Feeding/Afking.
    Last edited by FreezingVoid; 12-26-2014 at 03:03 PM.