Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 96

Thread: The suspension policy MUST change.

  1. #11
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch04d15 View Post
    You wanna know how to fix the ban system? Don't get banned. If you aren't involved in the suspension system, it isn't your problem.
    Care to improve the game to make it more fun for yourself and others? Then criticize its faults and offer ways to make it better. If not then do me a favor and don't offer that kind of poison in my thread. I'd like to stay on point as much as possible.

  2. #12
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyxia View Post
    If you're not learning your lessons after a 1 day ban, let alone a 3 day, then you're not gonna learn the lesson.

    If you're not mature enough to ignore people being tools in chat, then you probably shouldn't even be on the internet.

    And if you've got trolls in your game... eh, you're likely to have won just as many games due to trolls as you've lost. Suck it up and move on, it happens to everyone.

    Whether you've spent money on the game or not... that shouldn't change a thing, and shouldn't ever factor into Hi-rez's decision making in issues like these.
    I see what you're going for, bad people lost you games as well as won you ones. That's not what I care about nor what the people who are "raging" care about. I know that I care about an interesting game, whether I win it or lose it matters little to me IF I can feel satisfied by the challenge at the end of it, if I feel that I had a chance to win it.

    I don't care about winning a game because the enemy team has a clan of 3 that decides to troll the other 2 and dc or troll by intentionally feeding my team. No. That's not it.

    And the problem of harassment won't be solved with harsher punishments but with fairer ones. That's why the mute button exists, let the people who are "harassing" you get suspended for a week and if they continue in the same path let them get suspended for another week.

    Otherwise all you're asking for is those people to harass new players by creating a new account to make it their main until they get permanently banned in that account too and continue this toxic and unproductive process both for the development of the game and the experience of the players.

  3. #13
    Member Worshipper ZWildeO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    307
    4
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Exactly, robbing a person of his/her money that way isn't fair to them or the people who are gonna feel helpless when matched in a new match with that person.

    That's why the proposed stable ban is fairer than the current system. I won't for example make a new account if I am suspended for a week, and the fact that I'm gonna be able to return after a week doesn't mean that I won't be able to get suspended for another one after two or three days in case I get reported because I am harassing people again. After all, that's why the mute button exists, you mute people who are harassing you, report them if you're so inclined and move on.

    Progressive bans that end up to a permaban( 1 year) doesn't help the person who's gonna make a new account nor the new ones who are gonna have to suffer for the current faulty suspension system.
    I think you missed his point.
    HiRez isn't "robbing" people of their money. If a person manages to get a full year ban and then creates a smurf on which they also purchase things and get banned again, that is in no way HiRez's fault. HiRez cannot control the actions of a player, so if they decided to spend money on multiple accounts and then act accordingly to get banned on all of them, then it is all the player's fault. HiRez doesn't just ban people randomly, if they get consistent reports on a player, then they'll get banned.
    I believe that the current progressive ban-time system is perfectly fine. As it has been stated, HiRez cannot stop people from making smurf account after they have been banned, not even using an IP ban.
    You're complaining about and degrading a company's policy when your problem is with the people who commit actions to get around the company's policy.

  4. #14
    Member Worshipper Zyxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    426
    7
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    5
    So... your solution is to let them keep their main account, and just troll around on a smurf account for a week until it's un-suspended? So they get to harass all levels of gameplay instead of just new players?

    I suppose that is technically fair, equal annoyance for all~

  5. #15
    Senior Member Chosen Loulina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Legoland
    Posts
    1,349
    10
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Exactly, robbing a person of his/her money that way isn't fair to them or the people who are gonna feel helpless when matched in a new match with that person.

    That's why the proposed stable ban is fairer than the current system. I won't for example make a new account if I am suspended for a week, and the fact that I'm gonna be able to return after a week doesn't mean that I won't be able to get suspended for another one after two or three days in case I get reported because I am harassing people again. After all, that's why the mute button exists, you mute people who are harassing you, report them if you're so inclined and move on.

    Progressive bans that end up to a permaban( 1 year) doesn't help the person who's gonna make a new account nor the new ones who are gonna have to suffer for the current faulty suspension system.
    Not from the exact point of view perhaps but I understand that there is a very good point in what you are saying. The current prohibition system as you told, requires absolute trust in hirez in a way, especially for people who spents (or thinking about spending) money in the game. Also I understand that there might be that psychology of obsession causing someone each time they get a ban that they may return back again and again.. Which means you may lose more money inside each time you get another ban. Can be happenning. it is a very good intention to try to preserve people's mental situation when they are playing the game the right way and it is equally important to do the same thing when you are letting someone know that they should have a rest for a while.
    On the other hand, what can be done to change the system is not much(it seems so from the feedback),I guess, it must probably require quite a lot of office time to find the correct middle way for the people picking the dark path.instead hirez is saying- as far as i understand- that they will spent the effort for the people on the right side. (which seems correct because everyone thinks they are from the right side untill something unexpected happens,right?) Again here we all have to trust that hirez is deciding correctly which is which. Luckily, the more the people make sure of their correctness in this business, the amount they will spend in game will increase. And exactly this is the reason that makes the office hours that may be spent on the issue worthwhile.

    Thanks for coming up with this issiue & lets bring order to the galaxy! hahahha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbjru5CQIW4
    Last edited by Loulina; 12-26-2014 at 11:41 AM.

  6. #16
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZWildeO View Post
    I think you missed his point.
    HiRez isn't "robbing" people of their money. If a person manages to get a full year ban and then creates a smurf on which they also purchase things and get banned again, that is in no way HiRez's fault. HiRez cannot control the actions of a player, so if they decided to spend money on multiple accounts and then act accordingly to get banned on all of them, then it is all the player's fault. HiRez doesn't just ban people randomly, if they get consistent reports on a player, then they'll get banned.
    I believe that the current progressive ban-time system is perfectly fine. As it has been stated, HiRez cannot stop people from making smurf account after they have been banned, not even using an IP ban.
    You're complaining about and degrading a company's policy when your problem is with the people who commit actions to get around the company's policy.
    The problem of people creating new accounts and ruin the gaming experience for new players DERIVES from the current unfair progressive suspension policy that's being implemented, which you as well found faulty by your own admittance. If that system was to be changed to both our satisfaction I guarantee to you that a significant amount of smurf accounts would cease to be created. 1 week ban is enough time to reflect upon your actions as well as not too much time to make people create new accounts and commit to those ones instead.

    Plus the money you spent on a suspended account needs to be returned to you, in case the current suspension system persists or at least given back to you in a new account of your choosing in the form of gems.
    Last edited by P2bG; 12-26-2014 at 11:45 AM.

  7. #17
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead P2bG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyxia View Post
    So... your solution is to let them keep their main account, and just troll around on a smurf account for a week until it's un-suspended? So they get to harass all levels of gameplay instead of just new players?

    I suppose that is technically fair, equal annoyance for all~
    I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Please be careful when you read my points because addressing something that I didn't even say is not the reason why I created this thread.

  8. #18
    Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,979
    27
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,697
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    Exactly, robbing a person of his/her money that way isn't fair to them or the people who are gonna feel helpless when matched in a new match with that person.
    How is that "Robbing" them? If you read the TOS, and follow the TOS, you have no fear of losing your account. If you want to break the TOS, hi-rez has every right to lock your account.

    Why should we help the people that are banned? They didn't just play like a little angel, then get salty for 1 match. You get banned from this game for chronic abuse of the TOS. You need to be a royal prick CONSTANTLY or Hack to get banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Please be careful when you read my points because addressing something that I didn't even say is not the reason why I created this thread.
    What he said is EXACTLY what you're asking for. Step back and look at it. If you're banned for 1 week, you'll STILL make a new account, and then you'll smurf the lower levels. PLUS you'll be keeping your account and continue being a thorn in the side for every decent player out there. Which in turn will effect the decent players and put a negative outlook on things.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 12-26-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Chosen DD321123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,093
    6
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Rep Power
    7
    I feel some people really don't get how lenient HiRez' policy is.

    I know people who have 50+ leaves, that have not been suspended at all.

    (Although, coop used to give leaves I recall?)
    Bring back Ranked Arena. At least try it, HiRez. The old Ranked Arena used a flawed Ranked system, however your improved one is now in effect. Why not simply try it?


    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer Guide. I work off my own knowledge. I do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

  10. #20
    Member Worshipper ZWildeO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    307
    4
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bG View Post
    The problem of people creating new accounts and ruin the gaming experience for new players DERIVES from the current unfair progressive suspension policy that's being implemented, which you as well found faulty by your own admittance. If that system was to be changed to both our satisfaction I guarantee to you that a significant amount of smurf accounts would cease to be created. 1 week ban is enough time to reflect upon your actions as well as not too much time to make people create new accounts and commit to those ones instead.

    Plus the money you spent on a suspended account needs to be returned to you, in case the current suspension system persists or at least given back to you in a new account of your choosing in the form of gems.
    I did not admit that the system is flawed, it is perfectly fine, it is the playerbase that is flawed, as all humans are. It is literally impossible for HiRez to stop people from creating smurf accounts if their main (or other smurfs) are banned. And it is not HiRez's fault for banning any player, it is the players fault for not acting accordingly to the guidelines and terms they accepted by creating an account and playing the game.

    And the money you spent on a suspended account should definitely not be returned. If I decide to spend $100 on in-game content and then decide to go on a rampage of harassment, racism, trolling, feeding, etc, etc, etc then that is my fault for my ban, not HiRez's. I (hypothetically) made the choice to spend money on the game and then throw it all away through malicious behavior.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •