Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hel most easily countered god?

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    maby u havent met yet enough skilled hel?
    lots of hels have died to my hercules and chaac many times
    Awww HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES!

My mode idea:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-idea-Survival

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahthel View Post
    A lot of gods with poke can annoy Hel
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Hercules is still broken and deserves another nerf bat to the face, so he is whatever.

Chaac is a bit borderline, but is okay.

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    A lot of gods with poke can annoy Hel
    Ymir can fck her up in teamfights,when Hel freezes.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusader View Post
    Ymir can fck her up in teamfights,when Hel freezes.
    get the hell out of here with that lame pun
    Awww HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES!

My mode idea:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-idea-Survival

Senior Member Honoured Darkcrusader's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    get the hell out of here with that lame pun
    Fine,I was going to the Tv to watch Hel's Kitchen anyways :P

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCasual View Post
    Out of all of the mage gods, Hel is the most neutered. It is so painfully easy to shut her down, even EASIER than Zeus (who was super duper neutered in patches but at least has decent damage to make up for it.)

However...knowing your weaknesses is the best way to ensure that you can get to them before your enemy does. Because Hel's weaknesses are SO easy to figure out, it's easy to tell what your opponents are going to try to do to you.
    Peek at your enemy's gear--if they've got creeping curse, counter with a blink and a light stance 2. Boom. Problem solved. They popping Divine Ruin? Get movement speed. (YES AND I AM NOT JOKING EITHER.) Divine Ruin by itself will NOT work unless they hit you with their abilities...and they can't very well hit you if you're juking like a goddamn boss.
    Pestilence is not gonna make a difference if only one person pops it on, ESPECIALLY if you've built into Rod of Ascepelus. If multiple people have it, you're just shit outta luck--roll into damage Hel and wreck their halls.

...I need to figure out how to work Twitch things so I can show y'all what I mean...She's so overlooked as an individual fighter and a ton of people don't know how to really play her to her best ability.
    As I have Hel X, a lot of times I do well if enemy jungler doesn't focus me, even if solo laner builds against me I can also build counters, but there are such things as cooldowns which are not always in your favor, I went a lot of times against premades which punished me early very hard, even as far as tower diving and I happened to be in a team where jungler never even bothered to get me my blue nor gank lane, he was stuck in duo lane for no reason, enemy jungler was free to take all my side of jungle, so if you're focused Hel with a jungler who doesn't care, you're in pretty bad spot.

She is good in team fights but yet again team can build against her, making her useless, few teammates get curse and stun her, she's done, your actives won't always be usable, espiacially if you're punished early and barely get to buy anything by lacking farm. I've been against many smart teams and from all healers I noticed that Hel is the one who gets punished hardest, Chang'e and Aphro can keep themselves alive better, Aphro in team fight is even scarier with her ult, stun back off and heals that can also put very high damage, with Chang'e ultimate I have controlled many team wins, enemy whole team at fire giant? Chang'e ult incoming, Whole team focused on one teammate? Chang'e ult+poke+antiheal+poke. As useful as Hel is she is too easily countered no matter what she does :s

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    beta, tank hel op
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngryBìrd's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Hel is a complicated god to balance. Atm I wouldn't say she is easily countered. In solo lane she is a monster and can easily push back any conventional solo laner and completely stop them from farming. She is very weak to ganks but that's nothing a couple wards, speed boots and cleanse can't get her out of. She is extremely reliant on actives for survivability. This is partially an issue and yet if you ever see a fed hel roam, you would know she is probably one of the most overpowered gods in the game on how she can assist a behind team. This is assuming she's fed. If she is behind in levels she gets abused which is another issue. I think this is the case for all mages however.

If Hel is to receive buffs, she will need to sacrifice something. She already has a lot of tools to help her survivability. Cleanse, speed increase, heals, slow.

I think right now, the simplest way to make Hel better at a competitive level would be to increase her defensive scaling with defensive gear and perhaps make her damage and healing more dependent on damage gear. Even if you build half defensive gear and half damage, she still has strong healing and damage. This would be the easy subtle fix that I could think off.

I play Hel almost exclusively these days.