Thread: Reporting

Junior Member Cupidhead ZachOps's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Reporting

Lets get real reporting needs to play an actual role in this game....you get people who afk over half the game because your team gave up 3 kills, trolls, and all together people ruining the community. So what is the solution? "Ill report you noob!" ok? Because who cares? Reporting never actually does anything...Ive been reported plenty....no warnings, no suspension, or temp ban. We need some sort of penalty, maybe even deserter with enough reports from both your team and the opposing team. Right now reports are nothing short of a complete joke.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    That's because HiRez actually does check into reports, AFKer/Leavers are easy to spot. Intential Feeding is subjective, but still there's evidence in your match history (going 0/15 for 5 matches in a row....yea, that's a safe bet).

Harassment... another iffy, obvious they dont care too much about swearing, and there's plenty of time that people bitch at each other without it getting outta hand, but I'm sure massive racial slurs would probably qualify.

If it's a false report, they'll just dismiss it, hell it's just gonna make the person who DID report you look like the idiot.

Don't worry about too much, if you are that concerned, you could contact HiRez direct through their support page:

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask

Just get a screenshot of the person making the false report (if you can get the chat screen where he say it, perfect. The send them a report giving your side of the situation.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    sending hi-rez screenshots.. hmm I don't know if it's a good way to go.
    I did this once for someone who fed on purpose and insulted everyone about race/sexuality.
    "For future reference, you can (and should) use the /report function inside the game" was part of hi-rez's answer.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    my problem is I am sure for every real report they get there is probably a couple 100 that are just from people being anal. I have seen people get reported for honestly trying in assault and have a bad game for what ever reason. 9 times out of ten it Is the person playing the assassin that gets reported. Report does nothing and chances are they don't look into every report. If I had to make a guess....I would say that you have to have a set number of reports made against you in a given time period before a red flag is sent to a moderator. Otherwise there would be way to many reports per day to investigate on a daily bases. The man power needed to look into every single one would be through the roof. What needs to happen is an automated punishment system...they already have the means in place with the goodwill system. Say for every report you get in a 24 hour period you loose 10% goodwill. If you drop below 90% you get stuck with other people with similar goodwill standings on your next match.

Forum Moderator Worshipper Cyberlink's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    HR gets more data about the situation when they have a match ID.

As far as the screen shot, take one, keep it, if they need it they'll ask.

And for the record, you can get away with a few reports here and there, but anything racial is an insta-ban if it's caught and reported properly.
    Issues? The BIG FIX Post - OR - Open a support ticket

Forum Code of Conduct --- Suspension/Ban policy --- www.EloStats.com

Disclaimer: I am a community moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.