Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao needs nerf!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Messeery View Post
    Oh yes remove 50% of his ranged noodle throw is a "little nerf". I think it needs to deal 1-2-3-4-5 damage, maybe it will be balanced. If anyone say he is OP then they probably didn't see freya, the ranged version of Ao.
    Freya doesn't have the escape or engane like Ao has, and his damage is a little more bursty, though he's a little harder to use.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ao has so many easy ways to counter him I don't see him as any worse than any other assassin.

Senior Member Honoured SeductivePower's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane1778 View Post
    Ao has so many easy ways to counter him I don't see him as any worse than any other assassin.
    Tell me his counters without using words like: CC, Beads, Aegis; because all these things count for EVERY squishy!

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeductivePower View Post
    Tell me his counters without using words like: CC, Beads, Aegis; because all these things count for EVERY squishy!
    Exactly, he doesn't need any special counters. What works for others works for him.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Since it's about Ao I'm moving this to the Ao God feedback thread.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree. I think Ao high burst + escape makes him too powerful. I hope they adjust his damage in the future.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kl4udi4's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by H3rp3s View Post
    I agree. I think Ao high burst + escape makes him too powerful. I hope they adjust his damage in the future.
    I hope people will realize, they could just simply run away from him, while he is trying to auto attack...

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I am officially in the Ao Kuang is OP train. I have not gone against many Ao Kuangs... and I wonder why. If he lands all 6 dragons on you he gets a grand total of 720base damage. Do you know what else does that much? Most mage ults at rank 5 do about ~800 with 120 scaling. Ao Kuang, at level 9 can do 720 with 168 scaling. THat is simply level 9. What most mages are doing at level 20, he can do at level 9.

Not to mention several factors, that's 720 + whatever his base hit is and including his passive. He can easily do over damage at level 9. Finish Telekins ring and you are doing 960 base damage.. not counting the damage from your base hits or scaling.

I tried him a few times and I got way better results than assassins I've been playing for a long time.

And he can land those hits in 1-2 seconds.

EDIT: It took me about 3-4 seconds to land all 6 hits with Boots and Telekins right. Also, I can also the gold fury at level 10 with boots and telekins ring, no healing. Though I almost died.
    Last edited by TenWildAbras; 01-11-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildAbras View Post
    I am officially in the Ao Kuang is OP train. I have not gone against many Ao Kuangs... and I wonder why. If he lands all 6 dragons on you he gets a grand total of 720base damage. Do you know what else does that much? Most mage ults at rank 5 do about ~800 with 120 scaling. Ao Kuang, at level 9 can do 720 with 168 scaling. THat is simply level 9. What most mages are doing at level 20, he can do at level 9.

Not to mention several factors, that's 720 + whatever his base hit is and including his passive. He can easily do over damage at level 9. Finish Telekins ring and you are doing 960 base damage.. not counting the damage from your base hits or scaling.

I tried him a few times and I got way better results than assassins I've been playing for a long time.

And he can land those hits in 1-2 seconds.

EDIT: It took me about 3-4 seconds to land all 6 hits with Boots and Telekins right. Also, I can also the gold fury at level 10 with boots and telekins ring, no healing. Though I almost died.
    SERIOUSLY? You? I thought you were smarter than that.
    Ao has no escape besides his ult, meaning if you aegis his ult, he becomes food. If you keep away from him and wait out dragons, POOF there goes his damage.
    Yes, it does more damage than most mage ults.
    But it's MELEE, and it takes TIME to use. Meaning if you just run around like a wuss, dragons are going to run out of time, and then he is a sitting duck.
    Besides, if his AAs are so annoying, get Nemean. I'm pretty sure it reflects WildStorm.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    SERIOUSLY? You? I thought you were smarter than that.
    Ao has no escape besides his ult, meaning if you aegis his ult, he becomes food. If you keep away from him and wait out dragons, POOF there goes his damage.
    Yes, it does more damage than most mage ults.
    But it's MELEE, and it takes TIME to use. Meaning if you just run around like a wuss, dragons are going to run out of time, and then he is a sitting duck.
    Besides, if his AAs are so annoying, get Nemean. I'm pretty sure it reflects WildStorm.
    Who told you he only has one escape? :/ This isn't true at all. He has two, both pretty intense. A built in blink + invisibility and an ult that lets him safely escape any team fight, not even thanatos can chase him after he ults.

Also, smart Ao Kuang players buy sprint, making them very difficult to avoid when the dragons are up. Kind of like how people buy sprint on loki to speed up his stealth. It also does not take time to use, who told you this? It takes time maybe early game, but once he gets those two rings it takes less than 3 seconds to burst down a squishy and ult back to base.

I really am open to hearing some valid counters to Ao Kuang. I used to think Loki was OP until a member here told me to just either run to my allies or face him and do as much dmg as possible since he depends on attacking from behind. After that I stopped complaining about him. I want to read some valid counters against Ao Kuang. I'm sure there are there, but saying "get beads and blink" or "he only has one escape" isn't a counter.

Just because you suck with a god does not mean they need a buff.