Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Concept of Jungling?

New Member Cupidhead xXShamblesXx's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361

The Concept of Jungling?

Hello again! I have seen the term "Jungle" and "Jungling" quite often lately and I know a bit of the basics but I was wondering how jungling worked and what the concept of it is. Is there a good jungling strategy? Like Xp Camps first, Mana Second, Speed Third, etc. Or is it random? Thank you for your time

Junior Member Cupidhead psionics313's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I generally hit an xp camp (normally the mid xp camp) then help the solo lane with mana and speed or power buff. then lane with solo till lvl 3 (5 max) then I hit the jungle camps to level up while ganking lanes and helping lanes when called for help. I like to gear up for lifesteal first to reduce downtime in the jungle early game. continue this until team fights break out then it's "ZIP ZIP ZIP" across the map going for kills and pushing a lane with the rest of the team.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    There's no real strategy o it. You're basically the second support. Make sure to prioritize the mid camps though. Control those and you'll likely control the match.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    1st you go to Solo lane buff(Yellow or Red), Solo lane will help you.
    Then you go help them get their Blue.
    Sit in solo lane and soak up some exp(Get to like level 3 or 4)
    Go clear small camps, wait for Yellow to run out.
    Get Red buff.
    And always get Mid camps with your middle laner when they're up.
    The rest is completely up to you(Ganking, taking towers, Gold Fury calls, Fire Giant calls, ect.)
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Senior Member Honoured FreezingVoid's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    There's no real strategy o it. You're basically the second support. Make sure to prioritize the mid camps though. Control those and you'll likely control the match.
    You know, I consider support to be the same or very least similar enough role one might as well call them the same role. Same role, different objectives.

Support has 3-4 camps to they need to worry about; Duo blue, duo side back camp, and mid camps but primarily duo side mid camp.

Jungle has 4-5 camps they need to worry about; solo blue, speed buff, red buff, solo side back camp, and mid camps, primarily the solo side mid camps.

In the current meta both tend to roam quite a bit and have ideally have to try and find sources of income outside of leeching xp off of the laners. This usually comes in the form of xp camps and ganks (And in the case of support Midas boots.)

The only real differences i see is support tends to be tanky gods who can use their cc to set up kills where as jungle tends to more lean towards bursty type gods, sometimes bruiser type assassins . Mobility tends to be a huge advantage in both cases.
    As well, supports tend to favor the duo lane side more due to the risk of gold fury steals and the need to being able to counter. Mean while jungle has to worry about all lanes.

Yet time and time again when someone asks me "Can you jungle?" Or "Do you know how to jungle?" and i reply "It is my least experienced role, but I main support, their essentially the same thing, at least in the current meta." I am often met with "No they aren't..." without any explanation.

That said, the times I have played jungle I tend to do quite well and I tend to credit to being a support main. A support who has been accused of rotating too much their ADC's many times. Mostly in casuals though.

I suppose it could be argued that a bad jungle is more detrimental but i disagree, both are equally detrimental, jungle just gets more flak. A support can spend an entire game sitting in duo leeching xp off the carry and noone will complain. ( Or at least not many. Especially in casuals.)
    Last edited by FreezingVoid; 12-23-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post
    You know, I consider support to be the same or very least similar enough role one might as well call them the same role. Same role, different objectives.

Support has 3-4 camps to they need to worry about; Duo blue, duo side back camp, and mid camps but primarily duo side mid camp.

Jungle has 4-5 camps they need to worry about; solo blue, speed buff, red buff, solo side back camp, and mid camps, primarily the solo side mid camps.

In the current meta both tend to roam quite a bit and have ideally have to try and find sources of income outside of leeching xp off of the laners. This usually comes in the form of xp camps and ganks (And in the case of support Midas boots.)

The only real differences i see is support tends to be tanky gods who can use their cc to set up kills where as jungle tends to more lean towards bursty type gods, sometimes bruiser type assassins . Mobility tends to be a huge advantage in both cases.
    As well, supports tend to favor the duo lane side more due to the risk of gold fury steals and the need to being able to counter. Mean while jungle has to worry about all lanes.

Yet time and time again when someone asks me "Can you jungle?" Or "Do you know how to jungle?" and i reply "It is my least experienced role, but I main support, their essentially the same thing, at least in the current meta." I am often met with "No they aren't..." without any explanation.

That said, the times I have played jungle I tend to do quite well and I tend to credit to being a support main. A support who has been accused of rotating too much their ADC's many times. Mostly in casuals though.

I suppose it could be argued that a bad jungle is more detrimental but i disagree, both are equally detrimental, jungle just gets more flak. A support can spend an entire game sitting in duo leeching xp off the carry and noone will complain. ( Or at least not many. Especially in casuals.)
    tl;dr support has equal responsibility but takes much less flame.

Jungling is pretty stressful. And everyone that says *insert jungler here* sucks can't do any better.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead M4st0d0n's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    In normal conquest it's pretty much random. Sunday I had to explain wich lane was the long duo lane, once again, while being flamed by the whole team. After nearly 300 matches, it never gets old. Dont plan too much, for every piece of meta you learned there's a Smite player out there who wont give a crap. And he'll be on your team everytime.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Here's the misconception about junglers that I hate about jungle. That I have to babysit every lane which isn't true. The other thing that I hate is that I am not your mobile ward midlane.

Of course you'll get that troll that waits for you to die so he can get the kill or dies as well.

Another that rags on you saying "Best jungler NA."
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 12-23-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead FericJaggar's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Here's the misconception about junglers that I hate about jungle. That I have to babysit every lane which isn't true. The other thing that I hate is that I am not your mobile ward midlane.

Of course you'll get that troll that waits for you to die so he can get the kill or dies as well.

Another that rags on you saying "Best jungler NA."
    Clearly this. I hate when a solo flames you because he died when you were killing mid harpies or duo camp "GANK FFS". No ward, no VGS like, help, for ex. Ok.

Meanwhile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4IEV8l-gA

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    1. Share exp. In conq we have to defend all 3 lanes with 5 players. It mean only 3 types. 3-1-1, 2-1-2 and 2-1-1 with jungler (or extreme version with 1-1-1 and 2 junglers). 3-1-1 doesnt have sense, because solo player gets 100% exp, duo gets 75% each and triple gets 50% each. U can see total amount for 3 players is same as for 2. Overall for 3-1-1 is 3.5 and for 2-2-1 is 4. Same way 2-1-1 has 3.5 overall amount. So u can see the difference. Without camps it d be almost constant 2-2-1.

2. Camps. First of all again exp. Each Furie gives 140 exp (range minion gives 45), each small creep 22 and each ogre 185. U can see its quite decent amount and someone should kill it. If someone from 2-2-1 ll run and kill it, than overall exp could be better than 4. Thats one of the reasons why jungler exist. Dont get me wrong, jungler should share exp in lane and exp from camps, so in reality its hybrid of 2-2-1 and 2-1-1-1 composition. The goal is maximum exp amount. And the second effect is buff bonus. Its also some advantage.

3. Ganks. If you stay in lane as 2-2 than u know what to expect from enemy, but if its 1-1 and you gank than its 2-1 and you have kill advantage. So if someone gonna run from one lane to other than he could get advantage for each lane. Killing is very important because it has 3 consequences:
    a. Each kill gives exp and gold and also smaller amount for assist.
    b. Enemy has res cd and lose exp, gold from farming. He also can lose exp from some camps and so on.
    c. You ally continue to farm and can snowroll.

4. And finally counter jungling. It means still enemy camps, buffs and so on. Risky way, but imagine 1-3 lvl gods in solo lane and one has slightly exp advantage (basic damage from skills) and mana buff, while enemy has nothing. Its easy to get advantage and push you enemy stronger and stronger (again snowroll). More advantage - easier to kill and get even more and the start point was only 1 camp.

So this way you can see some reasons for different actions and meta. Many beginners plays a bit wrong priority. First of all you should be in lane. In reasonable limits, because you overall exp gonna be bigger, but individual amount lower and after that he ll be solo against higher enemy. But first priority is always lane and usually its ganks. After that buffs, mid camps and last one is small camps. You shoudnt spend time for small camp if someone in lane needs help. You can see its quite complicated role, but mostly it has precise priority.