Thread: How... How do I Siege?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WolfHero's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

How... How do I Siege?

*Starts at 2:24AM
    *Stops at 4:07AM

... Four Siege losses in a row... I'm not even tired either. Why is Siege so complicated?

Why can't it be Joust #2? Why did I have to miss out on a snowman icon just because I keep on being matched against people that wipe the floor with me?

I can't. I just... Can't. I'm done, the snowman icon isn't worth not having tomorrow due to a lack of sleep.

This is absurd... http://imgur.com/fioi9aH

How do I win Siege? Each game had the opposing team ahead in Juggernauts since they kept on doing the middle Jugg while we were all dead. Somehow, they were always ahead... Hug the towers until you're ready, and then push and never stop seems like the winning strategy.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Skyrising's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Haha I had the hardest day too, trying to get all the gems and snowman icon. Normally, I finish the first win of the day bonuses for all 6 game modes within a couple hours but of course on the day where I really wanted all the stuff, the game consistently gave me the crappiest teammates. Took me all day, but the gems were worth it. The icon is a bonus but it's not that important to me. As for siege, I don't know what to tell you, as I only play it to get the first win bonus. Try playing Mercury as I find he's pretty potent in that game mode. His ult can be used to surprise the hell out of people when you zoom down the lane. I've done this multiple times while my enemy was under my tower, attacking it. Ult then special delivery into the tower, followed up my auto attacks. Mercury's attack speed/power is also really good in the late game and allows you to take out enemy juggernauts pretty fast. This also applies to killing the jungle juggernaut efficiently and quickly. Sometimes you just get really bad teammates that feed and there's not much you can do, it's the luck of the draw. One of the most important things to know is whether certain gods are good in the late game and which gods fall off. During one match, my teammates wanted to surrender because the enemy team Thanatos was wrecking us. I kept voting no during the surrender vote as I knew I could easily take him out in the late game, as Mercury. Late game comes, Thanatos falls off, Mercury hits his stride and I wrecked the enemy team despite my crappy early game feeding fest. A good siege strategy is when a friendly juggernaut arrives, your entire team should rotate over to where it is and push that lane. If the enemy team does not respond with their full team, you should be able to take at least one tower, if not 2.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    I mainly play Siege and Assault, and the main problem with Siege that people seem the have is that they either approach it like Conquest (take their time etc.) or Joust (push the middle or turtle).

What you want to do is:

- Make sure you're taking your jungle camps when your Siege minion isn't around. Taking them when it's active is waste because they add to your Siege minion's total.
    - Protect the Wild Juggernaut if you're not going to kill it yet.
    - Steal their camps to add to your total.
    - Group up early.
    - You want to do quite a lot of early pushes to put them at a disadvantage. Organise your team for early ganks and, when your siege minion is active, either three of your team or all of it push that lane.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The other thing to note here is that most of the time you will be matched with a premade.

This mode is by far the worst offender when it comes to matching teams. I still do not understand why we do not have premade vs premade but what ever.

Dont be so disheartened, gems events generally cause this grief. The only advice I can give you is either you carry the full team or go in with friends.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Skyrising's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay9911 View Post
    The other thing to note here is that most of the time you will be matched with a premade.

This mode is by far the worst offender when it comes to matching teams. I still do not understand why we do not have premade vs premade but what ever.

Dont be so disheartened, gems events generally cause this grief. The only advice I can give you is either you carry the full team or go in with friends.
    Isn't there a conquest pre-made? They should have this for every game mode. The argument is that if they separated the solo queue and partied players, the queue times would be longer. I personally wouldn't mind waiting a few extra minutes if it meant having both teams be filled with solo queue players. As it is now, it's extremely unfair and bs.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfHero View Post
    How do I win Siege?
    First siege is like 3vs3 joust, team composition is VERY important.
    Essentials gods/roles:
    a) backdoor bro
    b) CC monster
    c) Ms/mr aoe burst
    Backdoor bro:
    You need to have a god on the team that can kill an enemy tower/phoenix on his own. IF your team is under a lot of pressure you can try and backdoor the enemy team, forcing them either to go all out on you OR pull back and defend. Ofc the backdoor bro is also a very capable 1vs1 fighters making them great for siege jungle fighting
    Top tier gods: kali, baka, loki, Vamana, herc(dmg) and chaac (dmg).
    CC monster
    An underappreciated role in siege, "But-you-dont-need-a-tank-in-siege, because juggernaut" well, yes you dont need a tank, but it helps a shit load to have a guy that can tank some and cc the enemy assassin/hunter. As with any team fights, the guys with the most cc will have the advantage. But since you only got 4 guys on the team, you need to bring someone that can both do dmg AND cc. Aim for 3 offensive items and 3 defensive items, ofc depending on the game and the enemy team. Soul reaver and void stone are nearly mandatory.
    Top tier gods: Bacchus, Athena, Ymir, Kumbha, Geb, Ares (max cd and spam that ult), herc and chaac also works in this role. Just remember that if you build herc and chaac as defensive bruiser they lose their ability to fast/effectively backdoor.
    Mr/ms burst
    This is your mage, you need to be able to do some serious magical aoe dmg to win those team fights and take care of minions and juggernauts.
    Top tier gods: He Bo, freya, Vulcan, agni, Poseidon, scylla (dont have much luck with her, but she is top tier if you can land that ult) and ofc THE best siege mage: Janus. He got massive backdoor potential, get a phoenix down, bait the enemy team out of their base and use janus ult to get your team to the enemt titan and kill it before they can zone back.
    The last god can be whatever and is a bit of a free role, as long as you got the 3 main gods of backdoor bro, CC monster and Ms/mr aoe burst. Personally i perfer teams of Bacchus/ymir, herc/chaac(dmg), baka/kali and janus/freya. That gives you a lot of meat, a bit weak early game but as soon as you hit mid game you will be a powerhouse and come late game it should be gg.
    Some general advice:
    a) Always have one guy in lane each as long as you got your tier 1 tower up. This is really important. If you both leave lane or dies, you are gonna lose that tier 1 tower really really fast, might even lose the tier 2 tower. Yea you might get 2 kills in a 4vs2 fight, but if the enemy then clean out the other lane, taking down 1 tower and nearly killing the other tower you actually lose that exchange.
    b) If you kill an enemy in the lane and the other guy sits under the his tower, immediately look at the map is the other lane getting pushed aka is the enemy in the other lane outside their tower and ready for a gank? If yes? go for the gank....now!
    c) killing the enemy juggernaut is MORE important then running after kills or running/defending your juggernaut, keeping towers up, while taking down the enemy towers are essential for early and mid game success. Again play the objects, not for the kills.
    d) sustain aka being able to stay in lane is paramount, especially early game. Buy pots or life leech items early.
    e) always start the game with clearing out the speed+mana and dmg+mana buff camps, split in 2 and 2, that will get you to level 4 before you get to lane.
    Last edited by Konfuzfanten; 12-24-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    First siege is like 3vs3 joust, team composition is VERY important.
    Essentials gods/roles:
    a) backdoor bro
    b) CC monster
    c) Ms/mr aoe burst
    Backdoor bro:
    You need to have a god on the team that can kill an enemy tower/phoenix on his own. IF your team is under a lot of pressure you can try and backdoor the enemy team, forcing them either to go all out on you OR pull back and defend. Ofc the backdoor bro is also a very capable 1vs1 fighters making them great for siege jungle fighting
    Top tier gods: kali, baka, loki, Vamana, herc(dmg) and chaac (dmg).
    CC monster
    An underappreciated role in siege, "But-you-dont-need-a-tank-in-siege, because juggernaut" well, yes you dont need a tank, but it helps a shit load to have a guy that can tank some and cc the enemy assassin/hunter. As with any team fights, the guys with the most cc will have the advantage. But since you only got 4 guys on the team, you need to bring someone that can both do dmg AND cc. Aim for 3 offensive items and 3 defensive items, ofc depending on the game and the enemy team. Soul reaver and void stone are nearly mandatory.
    Top tier gods: Bacchus, Athena, Ymir, Kumbha, Geb, Ares (max cd and spam that ult), herc and chaac also works in this role. Just remember that if you build herc and chaac as defensive bruiser they lose their ability to fast/effectively backdoor.
    Mr/ms burst
    This is your mage, you need to be able to do some serious magical aoe dmg to win those team fights and take care of minions and juggernauts.
    Top tier gods: He Bo, freya, Vulcan, agni, Poseidon, scylla (dont have much luck with her, but she is top tier if you can land that ult) and ofc THE best siege mage: Janus. He got massive backdoor potential, get a phoenix down, bait the enemy team out of their base and use janus ult to get your team to the enemt titan and kill it before they can zone back.
    The last god can be whatever and is a bit of a free role, as long as you got the 3 main gods of backdoor bro, CC monster and Ms/mr aoe burst. Personally i perfer teams of Bacchus/ymir, herc/chaac(dmg), baka/kali and janus/freya. That gives you a lot of meat, a bit weak early game but as soon as you hit mid game you will be a powerhouse and come late game it should be gg.
    Some general advice:
    a) Always have one guy in lane each as long as you got your tier 1 tower up. This is really important. If you both leave lane or dies, you are gonna lose that tier 1 tower really really fast, might even lose the tier 2 tower. Yea you might get 2 kills in a 4vs2 fight, but if the enemy then clean out the other lane, taking down 1 tower and nearly killing the other tower you actually lose that exchange.
    b) If you kill an enemy in the lane and the other guy sits under the his tower, immediately look at the map is the other lane getting pushed aka is the enemy in the other lane outside their tower and ready for a gank? If yes? go for the gank....now!
    c) killing the enemy juggernaut is MORE important then running after kills or running/defending your juggernaut, keeping towers up, while taking down the enemy towers are essential for early and mid game success. Again play the objects, not for the kills.
    d) sustain aka being able to stay in lane is paramount, especially early game. Buy pots or life leech items early.
    e) always start the game with clearing out the speed+mana and dmg+mana buff camps, split in 2 and 2, that will get you to level 4 before you get to lane.

Brilliant, it's VERY important to have proper roles in siege unless you are a set of 4 players who work well and communicate well. Having 2 assassins never usually pulls it's weight,

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNNiR View Post
    Having 2 assassins never usually pulls it's weight,
    Going with 2 "backdoor bro" assassins can be a terrifying thing. A kali+baka can take down towers and phoenixes without you being able to get there fast enough and defend. Had a game a week or so ago against an enemy team with loki+kali, our team was winning pretty big(in kills and gold), but we lost it in the end because the enemy loki+kali just kept taking down our phoenixes. They then got one "lucky" team wipe and it was gg.
    It can work, if you pick the right assassins.
    If running with 2 assassins, i would advice to go with Bacchus, Ymir or Kumbha:
    - Bacchus: blink in (reserves your jump/knock up for enemies running away OR enemies trying to kill your teammates), ult, enemy squishy on 60% or less health. The enemy will properly waste their beads to get out of intoxicate. assassins wait 2-3 sec (enemy beads now on cd) go in clean up the rest.
    Ymir: Works like bacchus, just with less moblity, but more dmg. blink in, 3+2+1+4 combo, assassins moves in and clean up the rest.
    Kumbha: dmg isnt great but if you can land that might yawn on the enemy team, you got a free kill(s) for your assassins, while most of the enemy team is mez'ed. Kumha is great at controlling the tight lanes and jungle in siege. He is nearly impossible to get away from in this mode, making him perfect, even if he is lacking a bit of dmg.