Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Something needs to change in this game

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    1vs1 joust is broken because the gods are balanced around team fights and the conquest map. So you are playing a broken game mode, ofc there will be problems.
    Solution? Dont play it.
    Same for matchmaking. That is obvs. something, that kills this game, while LoL, Dota 2 and the new Blizzard thing still recruiting new players in mass. Instead talking and fixing about/the problem, people blame each other.

Just implementate the matchmaking of a better working game. Don't invent new things.
    Best regards khoRneELF / JustGankedANoob - Best so far: Joust 1on1 diamond 3, 87% WinQuote, KPR 7+ (all other smurfalternatives I don't care about stats and play them only for fun).
    Former Conq Master, over 2,5k Elo. (Main: Secret.)

A story about a friend and matchmaking.

My guides. Former games I played.

I miss the old SK Gaming and OCRANA. Had a nice time. zurĂĽckgenommen

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    1vs1 joust is broken because the gods are balanced around team fights and the conquest map. So you are playing a broken game mode, ofc there will be problems.
    Solution? Dont play it.
    A better answer would have been nice. I didn't complain about Joust, I questioned how it is fair squishy gods can tank and kill phoenixes on their own. That is an issue in general when it comes to back dooring, it is a dumb tactic as people have said, it only allows bad players to win.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    A better answer would have been nice. I didn't complain about Joust, I questioned how it is fair squishy gods can tank and kill phoenixes on their own. That is an issue in general when it comes to back dooring, it is a dumb tactic as people have said, it only allows bad players to win.
    No, it gives a chance to people who got counterpicked

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    No, it gives a chance to people who got counterpicked
    You only get counter picked in Conquest League, no other game mode allows you to see who they are picking until the game starts.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    You only get counter picked in Conquest League, no other game mode allows you to see who they are picking until the game starts.
    I choose loki, and my enemy feel like playing herc. How do I kill him? Burst is out of question, cuz if I go full glass cannon his burst is still stronger than mine. Loki bruiser barely deal any dmg and still die fast, especially against a nemean lion.
    Tank loki....

So, what do I do?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I choose loki, and my enemy feel like playing herc. How do I kill him? Burst is out of question, cuz if I go full glass cannon his burst is still stronger than mine. Loki bruiser barely deal any dmg and still die fast, especially against a nemean lion.
    Tank loki....

So, what do I do?
    you pick herc instead of loki duh !

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    There are a shit ton of characters that can just straight up tank a phoenix and either kill it before it kills them or severely damage it with a damage build and backdoor protection still up. The key is mostly penetration, though some summoned minions help do it better (Bastet, Vulcan, Loki, Nu Wa).

Quote Originally Posted by Messeery View Post
    I think loki's decoy shouldn't act like a minion and still make loki deal half damage to structures. Loki is old wa all over again but he doesn't require a rework.
    Rework Nu Wa can still do it better than Loki by lategame. The thing is she only has 3 minions now compared to the 5 the old Nu Wa had.

Senior Member Honoured NiceRageBro's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Tank loki....

So, what do I do?
    It'd be hard but you'd need to build your own physical protection (nemean lion, likely), weakening Curse, and likely a devourer's gauntlet to counter Nemean Lion and give you some decent attack power. Probably build Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Hide of the Nemean Lion, Devourer's Gauntlet, Brawler's Beatstick, Titan's Bane and see how it goes.

You need to shut his heals down and kill him faster than he kills you. Not a favorable match for Loki. Brawler's will do some work during the first 4 seconds when he heals a set amount and accumulates damage value to heal over the next 10, then use weakening at that point.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceRageBro View Post
    It'd be hard but you'd need to build your own physical protection (nemean lion, likely), weakening Curse, and likely a devourer's gauntlet to counter Nemean Lion and give you some decent attack power. Probably build Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Hide of the Nemean Lion, Devourer's Gauntlet, Brawler's Beatstick, Titan's Bane and see how it goes.

You need to shut his heals down and kill him faster than he kills you. Not a favorable match for Loki. Brawler's will do some work during the first 4 seconds when he heals a set amount and accumulates damage value to heal over the next 10, then use weakening at that point.
    And it's still risky as fuck. So backdoor?

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Solution? Dont play it.
    This. Holy shit. I love you.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.