Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smite Servers and Region Preference

New Member Cupidhead Imadeuread's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Smite Servers and Region Preference

Lately, I would say on average I play 1 out of 3 games on a server that is NOT of my region preference.

To those who have always had to deal with high ping, it's unfortunate. Ping makes a difference... When playing on a normal server, I average 30-50 ping, but when I have to deal with triple that, thus, 120-150 ping, it becomes a whole different game.

I prefer having to sit through another queue than having to play on laggy servers.

Simply said, I DO NOT want to play on these servers. I know many experience this, it is unfair to us all, so this is for the general population who deal with this issue.

Please, make it so that you only play on servers from your selected region preference.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I'm assuming youre on the east coast near Atlanta. Where the servers are mostly based, I assume anyways. I'm on west coast where I average 100-140 ping. When I get a west coast server I get 60-80 ping. Now the region locking only specifies NA or EU. Which means you can get west coast servers even though you're on east coast. Which means your ping will be higher than normal. If you were to play on an EU server you would get 200-300 ping.

I suggest stop complaining about high ping when it isn't actually that high.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    150 ping isn't that high. Hardly even a difference. Just adapt to it because you will need to be used to 150 ping if that is your lag. I play from australia and get 270 ping average and this is completely playable for an online game. It's only when the ping is above 350 that it's making a difference. Online games all have lag and this is something you will have to accept. If you don't want lag then play an offline game :\ Just putting it bluntly.. sorry.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Smile No No No...

Quote Originally Posted by Cera9 View Post
    150 ping isn't that high. Hardly even a difference. Just adapt to it because you will need to be used to 150 ping if that is your lag. I play from australia and get 270 ping average and this is completely playable for an online game. It's only when the ping is above 350 that it's making a difference. Online games all have lag and this is something you will have to accept. If you don't want lag then play an offline game :\ Just putting it bluntly.. sorry.
    I am sorry but you are wrong. I experience the same situation. I live in Louisiana and recently I cannot play anymore the ping going from a usually ~50 to 150. The difference in number is small but the effect in game is surprisingly tremendous : like a 500 ping. Why ? I don't know. But what I know is that I lose games because I cannot fire skills, I run into walls and teleport without any active .. Sometimes I'm just stuck, watching others playing, chatting, during 1 min then DC.... And the ping is only about 150 yes.
    At the same time I can play other online games without any problem. It is really Hi-Rez fault. I 'm about to give up not only because it's frustrating but also because I make others players waste their time.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dreamer's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Achievements:
    I've suggested having more options for region preference ever since early beta, and like that, this is just going to fall on deaf ears. BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN! because #yolo... (I hate myself sometimes)

Give players the OPTION to choose between:
    - I don't care what region I play on.
    - I prefer to play on NA (or EU), but will play on the other if no games are available in my region.
    - I am willing to have longer queue times and "We could not place you in game" in order to play in ONLY the region I have selected.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I've suggested having more options for region preference ever since early beta, and like that, this is just going to fall on deaf ears. BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN! because #yolo... (I hate myself sometimes)

Give players the OPTION to choose between:
    - I don't care what region I play on.
    - I prefer to play on NA (or EU), but will play on the other if no games are available in my region.
    - I am willing to have longer queue times and "We could not place you in game" in order to play in ONLY the region I have selected.
    The problem with that is longer queue times... And although you may be willing to wait for that; most are not. In that light, the idea won't happen. When you select NA - it's going to choose the next open server.

As for ping - it plays a role. The difference between 10 and 50 is visible... The difference from 50 and 150 is also visible... Sure, it's not "bad"... But there is a difference...
    If your home internet connection blows - you'll see a high ping even to a local server --> That is when you contact your ISP and ask them why the heck they suck.
    Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. -Wilma Rudolph

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The problem with that is longer queue times... And although you may be willing to wait for that; most are not. In that light, the idea won't happen. When you select NA - it's going to choose the next open server.

*snip*
    That's why I'm saying let those who are willing to wait... play with others who are willing to wait. All I want is the option; I'm not trying to force anyone into longer queue times.

Achievements:
    So you're saying they should offer a check bubble that states "Willing to wait for longer ques"?
    Otherwise what you are asking for just seems silly.
    Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. -Wilma Rudolph

Achievements:
    I am asking for more options to go with our Preferred Region selection. I'd like to see:

Option #1: Put me on whatever server comes up first, NA or EU; I don't care because my connection is so l33t I get low ping regardless.

Option #2: I prefer NA (or EU, depending on what country you live in), but if there are not enough players in my preferred region when the queue pops, I'll play on the one across the sea.

Option #3: I want to only play games on a US server (or EU, depending on what country you live in). If queue pops and there are no games being generated for my selected region, I simply wait longer until Matchmaker has enough peepz to create a game for us.

Achievements:
    Option #3 is how it is currently - just to make you very aware of the situation.