Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The new changes to nox

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

The new changes to nox

She does no damage since the patch. No point putting more than 1 point into her ult.
    New defenses are good - wait, cancel that you still die because you don't do enough damage.

Take away the new defense, give me back the damage. She is actually useless right now.

Please tell me otherwise if you think so.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Preaching to the choir bro.
    She pretty much has only 2 skills.
    Even the top mages can do better then her if they lose their best skills seriously.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 12-17-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Mahaf's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Preaching to the choir bro.
    She pretty much has only 2 skills.
    Even the top mages can do better then her if they lose their best skills seriously.
    Yea, even with the changes.. Anything she can do, another Mage can do better. Silence is probably the least useful form of CC to prevent getting ganked as the majority of Assassins depend upon AA damage to kill. Even Assassins who don't can still deal significant damage to her if she's within melee range. If she had any form of mobility whatsoever it would probably solve that problem. Her risk vs. reward just isn't there. Other mages are easier to use and get the job done just as well, if not better.

Also, her tooltip reads 80% damage reduction, not the 90% that was listed in the patch notes.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Spot on, really. There's literally no reason to ever take Nox over another mage. She is very strong one on one vs a mage, but again, that's the problem, it's rare to only have one on ones with other mages. Other mages can one on one anyone except for bruiser\tanks.

Even when she's laning against another mage, despite being strong there, once the game shifts to team fights, she effectively is not a part of the fight and forces the team to be one man down.

If she's going to be competitive, she either needs:

Damage returned and maintain defense changes

or

Give her an escape ability.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    She's pretty crappy. Her mechanics for defense are still awkward. I thought it was smart when they did over 100% mitigation because it allowed her to "aegis" if she had a stacked passive. Now the shield disappears in one hit (the way it should); but that's literally one tick of damage from the tank that did 40 damage, while the rest of the team does 800's on your face for having no shield. It's just all crap. Her damage sucks worse now, and she STILL has no real defense. She's a mage without an escape and I don't quite understand what they want her to do? Silence people? She should've been made into a warrior... would've made more sense.

Her ult is nice and synergizes well now, but the cooldowns just aren't there to effectively allow her to survive a gank.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I rented her for a bit and I kinda fell in love with her lol x3
    I found her new passive a tad more useful when all 4 candles are timed with her 1; helped me survive Ymir's ult and took roughly 2/4ths of my health away even at full charge.
    I still find her 2 and 3 combo to be very powerful despite the nerfs, but I dislike the silencing as it does nothing for AA-based gods.
    Her ult is better than before as I can easily add another hit with it, and the damage/stun at the end has helped me secure a lot of kills. The added Shroud of Darkness effect really helps when spamming her 3. I'm not sure if it effects 3 gods as I've heard, though.
    Her 3 especially is very spammable early game, specially with the moderate mana consumption and 3 sec cooldown; I got a double kill when I was invading the other team's mid just by aiming it about like 4-5 times before depleting my mana bar.
    Besides the knockup immunity her 1 has, it's annoying that she has no CC immunity at all; I'm used to the lack of an escape, which can be mitigated by a Greater Sprint, but she can get easily wrecked by an enemy jungler or support.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Apparently having a 3sec cd 50% scaling aoe is not enough damage for some people.

Use her 2+3, its burst is excessive for having a 3sec cd.
    Bring back Ranked Arena. At least try it, HiRez. The old Ranked Arena used a flawed Ranked system, however your improved one is now in effect. Why not simply try it?

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer Guide. I work off my own knowledge. I do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Most likely we might see a rework if there is a big enough demand is made on reddit for Hi Rez to see because right now I think her kit is suffering and I don't see why they needed to nerf her damage.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    I really hope there's a rework, because at the moment it's boring playing both her and against her.

If you're playing her, you get to spam your 3 more than He Bo uses his 1, and if playing against her, you get to dodge her 3 nonstop.
    Bring back Ranked Arena. At least try it, HiRez. The old Ranked Arena used a flawed Ranked system, however your improved one is now in effect. Why not simply try it?

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer Guide. I work off my own knowledge. I do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KibaWolf04's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Miyobi mentioned that they might do a re-work if there's enough Reddit uprising...do they not check their own damn forums?
    If you'd like to taste the ground, feel free to attack me.