Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: So...what do you think of Awilix?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Teksuo1's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomelt View Post
    I don't know what to think about her. I tried her a couple times and I did well, but everytime I'm against her she ends up feeding like crazy. She reminds me of released Serqet when everyone started saying she was a crappy copy of Loki. I think she has a great potential and when people start to understand her kit she may be dangerous. But right now she's just a feeding focus on whoever's team she's at.
    My games are nowhere near pro level but when i played awillix i would easily have a positive KDR. It's hard to feed with her ; most likely make it out of the fight if need be. i would use her 1 to escape/chargeback rather then to initiate though.
    If i did initiate with 1 and things go quickly bad.. i can 2 over their heads and run away in the opposite direction probably.

Right now from what i see the problem seems to be that ppl play her like a greedy assassin.
    Must be carefull , and not all out.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    So I got a chance to play Awilix some more today. I spent a couple of hours playing arena and got my ass WHOOPED. Hard. Like I was feeding and practically useless.

Then I changed some tactics around and realized a couple of things.

1. Her passive is underestimated. If you initiate combat when your passive is up the damage is surprising.
    2. Her 2 applies to ALL damage and not just basic attacks. I thought it was only basic attacks but if you, say, leap onto an enemy and hit 2 she will flip up over him/her/it. This also applies to her 3, if you hit an enemy with her 3 and press 2 close enough she will flip over them.
    3. She is not as reliant on basic attacks as I thought. I think her primary source of damage comes from her 2. Which is why her recomended items all focus on physical power and not crit. Also, her leap scales more than her 3 in damage. So I'd always max her 1 second after her 2. Her 3 is a bit difficult to land and by the time I use it I've already used my 1 and 2 so that's why I maxed it last. I have horrible aim.

Anyway, my latest match went incredibly well and I am looking forward to trying her out with some different builds and maybe in conquest too. I think having her movement speed boost with her 1 would make her a good jungler, no?

Here's the match I played. It's honestly the best stats I have ever gotten, ever. Once I got my first three kills her damage just snowballed. I also noticed her ult physical power boost is also underestimated. Just because you didnt land the pull doesn't mean youre useless. What I did was ult and then jump onto my suku and land on the enemy and start attacking. The damage boost applies to abilities as well so that was cool.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...atch=119575848

And yes, I am fully aware that the enemy team must have had their fair share of noobs. Dat Ne Zha build.
    Last edited by RazaqMzale; 12-19-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Just because you suck with a god does not mean they need a buff.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    Bastet is still the number one feline in my life.
    That's for sure.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Arena is a terrible game mode for Awilix, as is for most assassins.

It is a constant teamfight and since you are squishy, you are usually one of the first targets to get focussed down. On top of that, as an Assassin, you don't have much you can do to contribute in terms of initiating a teamfight and most assassins don't have a lot of peeling going for them as well. There are of course exceptions to the rule (Thor basicly shoves his middlefinger right in the enemies face in Arena for example).

Now how does Awilix fit in?

Having a game mode where you can effectivly gank with the element of suprise and the odds on your side benefits her much more, like it is the case for most junglers, so you should try to focus on those when testing. In said scenarios, she can do decent.

So far my only problem with Awilix is her 3. It is so unreliable on so many levels.

It seems like it takes forever to fire.
    It takes forever to travel.
    The Hitbox is very narrow.

Whether you launch an enemy up or not appears to be a thing of luck at times. I remember playing her today and managed to hit someone from behind, the hit did register, but she wasn't launched up (and fool I am, I saw the number and immediatly pushed my ult for great success >,>).

Since you can't really depend on that skill, Awilix either has to depend on her team being somewhat knock up heavy (which is a rarity, at least everytime I want to play her) or that the enemy team is heavily stacked with jumping gods to make the most of her ultimate. If neither of those two factors is given (and right now, you can only have insight and influence on the first), you simply shouldn't play her. Now I do like this part. Having some match ups (on both sides) working in her favor is a cool thing. But their really have to be some changes to her 3. It is the skill that her ultimate ultimately relies on if both of the above aren't given and seeing how that skill is bad and sometimes plain random leaves her ultimate often times un or missused and that is a thing that shouldn't be the case.

I also don't really like the flavor of that ability. Basicly you summon something that is supposed to be suku but looks just like some ghostly shadowy something that runs in a straight line. Which feels very out of synch with the actual Suku.

So what to do?

I honestly don't know. Most things I can think off are already too close to something that is already in the game (Ground targeter that summons Suku to the targeted location, launching the enemy upwards ---> Vulcan Meatball, He Bo Geysir) (Cone Attack in front, summoning Suku to do a quick pounce attack right in front of you, launching the enemy upwards ---> Geb Shockwave), so that isn't really satisfying.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    So far my only problem with Awilix is her 3. It is so unreliable on so many levels.

It seems like it takes forever to fire.
    It takes forever to travel.
    The Hitbox is very narrow.
    This. This is the only problem with Awilix right now.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rıven View Post
    Bastet is still the number one feline in my life.
    That's for sure.
    She is a lot safer, that is for sure. But punishing jumpers with Awilix 4 is something Bastet will never be able to do and is what makes Awilix special. Also her 2 just looks so cool.

She is so very squishy though. Then again, I'm used to playing Cabrakan, so getting to play an assassin always makes me go "Shiiiiieeeeet, I die so easily, got to be careful!"

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    I bug reported her ult but it may be working as intended. You have to be looking at someone jumping to use your ult. So if someone jumps right over your head and is off screen you won't pull them even if you ult while in the air and they're right above you. It may be line of sight which is terrible imo. A lot of the time its not showing the pull on people jumping. However; since she has no CC even if her 3 was reliable and knocked up from all angles people just jump away when she uses it. It would be cool if you could continue to activate it as long as your ult was still going.

Junior Member Cupidhead MisterBelle's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Played with better.

New Member Cupidhead Scrubtarded's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LashLethal View Post
    I agree, it's very hard to land too. Do you know what items I should be using?
    I build her 1 crit item the death bringer 2 lifesteal asi/bloodforge and 2 penetration wrath/bane. and ofc last item is penetration boots. but i usually hit 1.1k "max" on dps build players and can kill tanks easily unless i get multi teamed.
    she's very powerfull but not OP. she can be op because your basic attack builds the stack for your #2 making you deal phat damage then bam finish them #2

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Has anyone tried Deathbane/Rage or would Malice work better? I'm thinking of building like how I build my Serqet. The boots though I agree might have to be built last since she has her 1, but doesn't using her 1 waste mana faster?