Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: which mages needs buff/nerfs in you opinions?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by JJKelvin View Post
    Janus does not need a nerf. Yes, he can provide a lot of utility but that is why he is useful. If your team fall behind, then even though your whole team use your ult to enter a teamfight, your team still cannot have enough damage output. And finally his damage, his damage is always overrated by people, in a close game, his two will deal 600-700 damage and his ult is less than 1000 , how are these numbers considered high compare to other burst mage ? And if you are against a tanky team which have 2 or even 3 warrior/guardian, then you will be focus in a CC hell by herc/Tyr/chacc/vamana the whole game and because of their tankyness, your damage will not be enough to kill them. Moreover his early game is quite bad cuz your 1 will nearly deal no damage and your 2 need to be lv 3 or 4 to clear the whole wave. So he will be fucked in early game like scylla by herc/ra or other early game gods.
    i think u posted this same post in another thread
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    He requires tons of skill or surprise to play properly.
    I guess I don't need to say anything else, do I? If you or anyone else doesn't have such skill, then its not Tyr that is weak.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    I guess I don't need to say anything else, do I? If you or anyone else doesn't have such skill, then its not Tyr that is weak.
    Trust me.
    The guy was designed to be able to spam CC instead of dmg, and take it all in.
    Then they remove his CC, and really all he becomes is a meatshield.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Well, Athena's main way of causing damage is to pull enemies to her Shield Wall with her Confound, so, why exactly makes her better since its her only CC too? Hercules' way of dealing damage relies mostly on controlling his enemies first with his abilities which are all easily avoidable (I don't remember the last time Earthbreaker hit me). What is the problem on CC reliance? This argument makes no sense.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Well, Athena's main way of causing damage is to pull enemies to her Shield Wall with her Confound, so, why exactly makes her better since its her only CC too? Hercules' way of dealing damage relies mostly on controlling his enemies first with his abilities which are all easily avoidable (I don't remember the last time Earthbreaker hit me). What is the problem on CC reliance? This argument makes no sense.
    But at least they have damage without their CC.
    Tyr has nothing but CC, or did.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    What are you saying, he has a good ammount of damage, and a good mobility, did you want him to be a one-hit kill god?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Buff:

Zeus: Useless right now. Can't clear. Has no hard CC. Has mediocre escape. All he has is a zoning ult and damage that needs to be setup with auto-attacks/skill shots. He fits into no role.

Anubis: No escape and the only god that needs to root himself when attacking.

Kukulkan: No damage, no hard CC, and mediocre escape. Similar to Zeus, only as a crappy zoning ult.

Nerf:

Maybe tone down Janus and Scylla a bit.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hel - increased cooldown on Repulse/Inspire, right now they are far too low and allow her to casually switch between both stances and heal and deal loads of damage. Problem is you can't really touch the actual damage/heal numbers without making her garbage.

Ra - Nerf to Solar Blessing's damage or minion healing. This skill alone pretty much lets him shit on melee gods who cannot clear waves in one ability. Also outhealing tower damage is bullshit.

Zeus - desperately needs a buff, perhaps letting Chain Lightning bounce between him and his opponent or something. Alternatively replacing it with a stronger Nuke that pierces minions and applies a charge on those hit, giving him a good clear and poke ability.

Janus/Scylla/Vulcan - damage decrease on Vortex/Crush/Meatball respectively.

He Bo - Damage decrease on Water Cannon, cooldown increase on Water Spout, and giving Water Spout a casting delay similar to Chronos's one.

Senior Member Honoured Vorleser's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Party Person 10000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I've never understood why Agni's ult is "No Cost" Ultimate. He can use em for anything since they are charges and cost no mana... perhaps they should add a little skill to it by adding a " 0 cost at first use , X cost at 2nd use , Y cost at third use " variables being different increased numbers. 0 < X < Y

So that he is punished somehow for using his ultimate in 3 sucessions, since it is a very powerful nuke , and if he lands the stun you aren't going anywhere for the 3 blasts.
    "How do I know I'm balanced? I have my own SCALES!" - Nu Wa
    R.I.P December 2013 - August 2014
    You'll always be hissstory in my heart and keep a low profile in my love.
    May you be raised to the heavens.

Senior Member Honoured FeistyDeity's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    In my opinion none of the mages are so gamebreaking right now that one undisputably needs to be nerfed. Still, there are some who are significantly better or more efficient than the others so that may warrant some minor adjustments.

STRONGEST MAGES:
    - Ra: Lane dominant, one of the most useful damage ultimates of all mages (though skill-reliant) and provides incredible utility through group healing. Can be considered the third most dominant mage during the laning phase, while simultaneously being one of the most useful mages during the lategame.
    - Janus: Very high damage potential, extremely hard to lock down and provides a unique form of mobility-centred utility to his team.
    - Freya: While only really a mage in name, Freya, even after the nerfs, can still carry extremely hard and easily.

WEAKEST MAGES
    - Kukulkan: Pretty much a direct downgrade to similar mages. He is a pure damage-focused mage, and while he has a powerful passive to serve that end, his actual spells are quite lacking. His control is also limited and his mobility is extremely poor. The only good thing about him is his ultimate, but even that is not necessarily better compared to other high-damage mage ultimates.
    - Zeus: Zeus can still dish out a lot of damage, but his awkward ways of applying that damage and his lack of self-peel or mobility make him much more of a gamble than other mages. Add to that that a lot of mages can apply similar levels of damage, if not more, while providing more safety or utility. Zeus's utility levels are almost non-existant.

All other mages are more or less fine in my opinion. True, some of them (for example Anubis) will struggle more to be efficient than others like Vulcan or Nu Wa, but they all have their place and can be viable in a competitive setting.