Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Surrendering is getting out of hand, costing me a lot of potential wins.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Surrendering is getting out of hand, costing me a lot of potential wins.

This whole concept of surrendering has got to go. There are many games I knew we could of won had we not surrendered. It's bull shit. 80% of moba players are cowards.

You know what? Maybe I'm wrong. Here is a screenshot of a game that my team surrendered on.

Last edited by Luzarius; 04-15-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    If the majority of your team doesn't want to play anymore, what gives you the right to make them? The game is first and foremost about having fun. If it's not fun anymore, there's nothing saying you can't surrender.
    #HailSatan

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Berioth's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Surrendering should stay, but imo 10 minutes it too low, should be 15 minutes.
    "Everything is OP. Everything is UP. Everything is broken, and everything needs buffs. Everything needs nerfs, and if I'm good with something then it's fine, even if it's OP. If I get beat then the enemy's using some broken mechanic, and if I beat them then they are bad.

Welcome to the internet."

MikalMirkas

Ex-Moderator Worshipper Angelocracy's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    You don't have to surrender. It's a choice.

"If the majority of your team doesn't want to play anymore, what gives you the right to make them?"

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The option to surrender should always be there. Sometimes you're getting stomped and the enemy team is just trolling around dragging the game out just to farm up and stomp you that much harder. All your towers are down, two phoenix are down, they're all level-20 with full builds and your team hasn't killed a single tower yet. Yet they won't end it, just killing you every time you walk out of your base and then falling back.

You want to keep going at that point?

On the other hand, I've run into players that try to hold their team hostage via surrender. One guy the other night decided that we were losing at about the 8m mark, so said "I'm going to start a surrender at 10m". We weren't really that far behind, but a couple people had died a few times due to nobody calling out MIAs, etc. It was something like 6-10, and we'd lost one tower. When the team didn't surrender, he said "oh fine, I'm going afk then, back for the next surrender vote" and just went idle in the fountain, only popping up to try a surrender vote every time one was available. We weren't doing THAT badly, even without him; killed a few towers, pushed the enemy back a couple times, but we were clearly losing ground (4v5, go figure). After his second failed surrender vote I told him I was going to report him after the game, and suggested everyone else do the same. He finally poked his head out and shot a couple enemies, then went back to afking.

After the match, I asked the enemy team to report him as well. Almost universally they jeered at me for it, and refused to do so. That just baffled me. I suppose they were happy with their easy win, and wanted the guy to do things more often in the hopes he'd be up against them again, for more easy wins. I told them I refused to reward childish behavior like he'd displayed, and got told variations of "u mad nerd" or "calm down loser".

Tangent aside, the option for surrender DOES need to stay, even if there are people who will surrender too quickly (like being behind 20 points in an arena match) or who try to use it to force their teammates to surrender and throw a tantrum when they don't.

Junior Member Cupidhead MrLikespancakes's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Please be more detailed rather than raging
    Surrendering is a good thing is this game, because it's much more fast paced than other mobas, and misplays can lead to very bad outcome and some players are just plain bad. It's better to surrender than waste 40-20 minutes dying and having a shit game, imo.
    Don't touch me you filthy casuals

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    i hate when i play more then 30-35 mins + and someone think we cant win and they call surend votes ... like what the fuck guys you played fucking 35 mins + and you want to surend... play till the end everything is possible
    Yesterday is history , Tomorrow is a mystery

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can't understand this "surrendering is for cowards, people who surrender should die" mentality. As it is, the game is excessively biased AGAINST surrendering, with hard facts supporting my claim.
    3 yes vs. 2 no => no
    3 yes vs. 0 no and 2 indifferent => no

And for those who say to always play until the end because it's possible to turn it; yes, it is possible to turn it. For every game that I didn't surrender and we eventually turned around, there were at least 10 that we didn't turn around. That's 10 games versus 1 where we were forced to continue to play a game where our morale was already low and where we didn't have fun.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by narkotekk View Post
    i hate when i play more then 30-35 mins + and someone think we cant win and they call surend votes ... like what the fuck guys you played fucking 35 mins + and you want to surend... play till the end everything is possible
    Because some people don't like turtling for an extra 20-30 minutes because the enemies don't know how to close the game while your own team is stuck defending 3 lanes worth of fire minions.
    Or maybe there's an AFK or a disconnected player, which could lead to a surrender vote so late into the game.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    In my opinion surrendering just when they are about to attack your titan for the win is a useless gesture, because they won either way if you surrender at that point, so might as well let them finish it. Also i believe surrendering is a good thing to have because sometimes there could be a misplay or maybe lag or anything that basically made your game unplayable etc. but i do agree that a surrender at the 10 minute mark for conquest is way to soon, considering that in conquest one move can mean the match on either side. For arena or assault witch are usually a quick game 10 min os not to bad because in 2 minutes the game can tip in any favor in those modes. In joust i managed a win with 3 mages in my team and tower and phoenix down and with a little defense we were able to tip the scales.

I guess what i saying is that the option of surrender should stay, just be smart about it(and by saying that i dont imply that other players who prefer to surrender are sutpid) because oyu never know that maybe one attack or one small push can tip the scales. Its a matter of knowing the enemy team gods and knowing how to work around them. In conquest it is messed up when the other team toys with you and thats when a surrender is most viable, because who wants to keep playing an uphill battle you cant win? Nobody.

With that said if it were up to me, i would put the timer for surrendering in conquest to 15-20 min into game rather than 10 min and have some punk just give up because hes not getting all the kills or flawless victories he wants when the objective of conquest is to push to the other side. Thats just my opinion