Thread: Glitch or what?

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran

Glitch or what?

I just came from a Siege match.
    I wasn't very concerned, seeing as though normal queue, normal match, yada yada.
    BUT.
    I was defending left lane against the enemy anubis pushing with the siege minion.
    He proceeded to ult me, and I just dashed away (playin Hades).
    We're 30 ft away from our left phoenix.
    I return to base, and go outside to see my allied anubis getting teamed. Nothing out of the ordinary, I saw an Anubis ult... from the enemy Anubis.
    I dismissed it as some weird thing.
    The enemies proceeded to kill the low health phoenix.
    My allied Loki went to kill Anubis...
    and ate another ult to the face.
    Is there a new glitch I haven't noticed, or is something fishy going on?
    He claimed to have built full CDR, but all he had was chronos.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    I just came from a Siege match.
    I wasn't very concerned, seeing as though normal queue, normal match, yada yada.
    BUT.
    I was defending left lane against the enemy anubis pushing with the siege minion.
    He proceeded to ult me, and I just dashed away (playin Hades).
    We're 30 ft away from our left phoenix.
    I return to base, and go outside to see my allied anubis getting teamed. Nothing out of the ordinary, I saw an Anubis ult... from the enemy Anubis.
    I dismissed it as some weird thing.
    The enemies proceeded to kill the low health phoenix.
    My allied Loki went to kill Anubis...
    and ate another ult to the face.
    Is there a new glitch I haven't noticed, or is something fishy going on?
    He claimed to have built full CDR, but all he had was chronos.
    Not sure. I had the same thing with an enemy Odin. He ulted in a team fight, then I escaped (this was around mid harpies) and the fight lasted maybe 30 seconds, then he ulted again. He built no CDR.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ya no CDR Odin has 60sec for ult. With full CDR, its 36. Unless it was motd cause of all those special cd that been placed lately.

Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    Ya no CDR Odin has 60sec for ult. With full CDR, its 36. Unless it was motd cause of all those special cd that been placed lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    He built no CDR.
    uhh... yeah
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Well I later did a joust match VS Kukulkan and Athena.
    Athena taunted, and Kuku ulted.
    My allies died, but since I was the tank I lived.
    I go back to base, come back to tower...
    AND KUKU ULTS.
    Not 20s after the first ult he ulted again.
    *sigh*
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I think you guys are getting to worked up on the game itself and not taking much notice on the timer.

By the time the ult is used and you finish running like a bitch and come back to the fight, that would be enough time to go again in most cases, especially if they build CDR.

The amount of times I have ulted, gone back to base, came back and had my ult ready again is ridiculous, it makes it feel like more of a 4th skill than an ult.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    I think you guys are getting to worked up on the game itself and not taking much notice on the timer.

By the time the ult is used and you finish running like a bitch and come back to the fight, that would be enough time to go again in most cases, especially if they build CDR.

The amount of times I have ulted, gone back to base, came back and had my ult ready again is ridiculous, it makes it feel like more of a 4th skill than an ult.
    Yeah... I was watching timer. Because I'm tryhard enough to make note of when ult cooldowns are over.

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Yeah... I was watching timer. Because I'm tryhard enough to make note of when ult cooldowns are over.
    There have been too many times I have thought the same thing only to get caught and die. Do you have the match ID for this game? Hopefully there is a replay we can watch that will allow us to actually time it.

The safest thing to do is assume their ult is always up, that way you can be prepared to counter it. The only time you can be 100% certain there will be no ult is when you see it being used and then make your move.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post

I thought that at first.
    But on an ult that, with max CDR, has a 54 second cooldown, and it barely takes 15s for me to scurry back to base and come back out, and he's ulting AGAIN...
    Something's fishy, and it's not just Poseidon.