Thread: Smite crash in lobby when loading certain skins

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Smite crash in lobby when loading certain skins

The first event of crashing was when i picked Fenrir in lobby. The game immediately stopped responding and smite.exe has stopped working. After my 30 minute ban i went back to play another siege game as fenrir when i crashed again giving me a 60 minute ban. During this time i went into joust practice and checked every god to see if it would crash me.

After checking and making sure each god was repeatable both Fenrirs Lord Slashington, And Ares SWC skins cause a crash before they load into the game visually. This happens in the lobby and on the god browser if you select the god with that skin. Since ares/fenrir default to currently broken skins they are unplayable for me. I have not checked all the skins yet but right now its just those 2. I am also not sure if im the only one with this problem or if anyone else is having it.

Lastly for a reference i was using Ares SWC skin just yesterday with no issues.

New Member Cupidhead DarkfireSavior's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    While I noticed that this post was made almost 4 years ago, I am currently having this problem with patch 5.7.4731.1.
    The only skin I have identified with this issue is the Hail to the King Tyr skin, but I am testing for more.

Would love some Dev attention to this, but I will continue checking, and attempt a full re-install before creating a new thread.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I can definitely comfirm and reproduce a crash of smite on pc windows 10 64 bit.

When an enemy players chooses Guan Yu Kung Fu Skin, my game crashes, constantl. So everytime someone chooses Guan Yu Kung Fu Skin:

Texture2D GOD_GuanYu_Skin2.T_GOD_Guan_Yu_KungFU_NRM: Serial size mismatch: Got 476660, Expected 647005

I will have to wait until the game has finished to be able to login again and playing

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    StaticMesh FX_Bacchus_Skin5_Targeting.Meshes.SM_Offhand_02_Ta rgeter: Serial size mismatch: Got 82876, Expected 33396

Only for a specific Bachus skin (Brynhildr). Even trying to look at it on the gods menu will crash the game. If someone chooses that skin then I will be unable to join the game and I get deserter. Fun stuff, any solutions?

PC, Windows 10, 64 bit
    Last edited by Dhen; 01-21-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Gee I'm so glad someone has gotten back to me on this... great support...