Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Racism to the spanish

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    My only problem with Spanish people is...
    There's other servers than NA.
    I can understand the UK people not playing on EU, because if I'm not mistaken a lot of UK'ers speak English, not German/Spanish/French Etc.
    But if NOBODY on NA is expected to speak Spanish, and Spanish people BM you because you don't understand Spanish... and you're all playing on English based servers...
    *sigh*
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    after playing Dota 2 its quite refreshing to see its spanish instead of russians the official troll nationality of this game.

hehe I been lucky so far, since 2 days ago that I started playing, all my games have been quite friendly.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Most games will be friendly. You don't run into a lot of flame till about lvl 20-30 when people expect to much of you.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    The thing that I don´t get is why are they speaking spanish.Its their language,yes but still, there is a thing called VGS commands or something,use it,and don´t come with an excuse that they don´t kwon english,the words that the VGS has are simple.They need to go to a server where they can instalock,and speak spanish when they want,i mean it kinda worked with the brazilians.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardgold View Post
    The thing that I don´t get is why are they speaking spanish.Its their language,yes but still, there is a thing called VGS commands or something,use it,and don´t come with an excuse that they don´t kwon english,the words that the VGS has are simple.They need to go to a server where they can instalock,and speak spanish when they want,i mean it kinda worked with the brazilians.
    I once had a Spanish person to tell everyone in endgame lobby to report me because I didn't speak Spanish.
    On the NA servers.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iMcQuack View Post
    Aren't there South American servers? I know there is an option to change the default server you're on. Wouldn't it just be easier to switch to the South American servers?
    Where you do you Spain is located?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ninjinoa's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I also noticed the diffrend playstyle of the Spanish and English. But I wonder... if you set your smite to spanish language. Are Voice commands (like VEG) still in English? Because communication is inportant in smite. To get with your team the same goal. If no communication. Then you never be on the same page. And people will shout wtf are you doing man? Listen to your team. And hope they listen 2 you 2. If someone says GANK. That means that the enemy is nearly dead. But need help to finish the job. All you need to translate for yourself is gank. So maybe its a communication error.

I can also shout to someone : beter val je van achter de linker laan aan.(gank left lane please) so unless he/she is dutch. I expect no-one will gank left when i say it in my own language.
    Last edited by Ninjinoa; 12-23-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Team game. Plays on english servers without knowing english. Wonders why everyone is calling them out.

Um. Maybe because it's a team game. And in team games communication is important. And for communication knowing the language you're surrounding yourself with is important. It's no more racist than telling someone who sucks at the game that they suck at the game, or telling someone who's drunk not to play drunk, or telling someone who refuses to communicate to start calling out enemy missing instead of sitting there like a tree twiddling with its leaves.

I don't get why people pick a server thousands of miles away either instead of one close to home. It makes no sense.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    DERN'T SPEAK SPANERSH IN MER GAME! `Merica!

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    DERN'T SPEAK SPANERSH IN MER GAME! `Merica!
    There's a room for spanish-speakers and portugeuse-speakers to communicate.

There's a room for English-speakers to communicate.

Why would you willingly go into a room of spanish-speakers and portugeuse-speakers if you only speak english when the entire point of the room is for you to communicate?

I don't appreciate you mocking Americans like that, even if you were one. It's rude, senseless, illogical and quite frankly racist.