Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is cabrakan considered bad?

Senior Member Honoured Messeery's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Why is cabrakan considered bad?

What is the big weakness that is making him not played in the support role. He has good peeling and nice damage output with a ton of CC. What makes him worse than other supports?
    Inactive player. Will be back when smite gets better.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    The fact that his entire kit requires him to be in the thick of things, just standing there.
    His ability that got everyone talking is really what holds his kit back.
    You can just CC him out of his 3 and it's on cooldown.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    He has the best early game that any guardian can have, in lv2, he will stun you to 2 seconds, having free 20 protections, giving to your lane and adc damage reduction (good combination with Osiris tho) and damaging over to 190 flat damage, to an early game this could be great but there are conditions to achieve that ammount of potential, first of all his abilities are "in your face" what makes hin very easy counterable by CC, his 2 stun have to met the passive condition so to combo both stuns in a succssion you'll have to start by your 2 that have a poor aoe, and you can count that besides his 3 and ult he just have single targets cc his 1 is one of the worse things that i ever found in a guardian, a basic atack buff, his ult wall is worse than ymir because at least ymir can control the exact placement of his wall giving to hin versatility to lock, chase, scape, save and etc... his 3 is a root, if all of his abilities are already preety bad being too much "in your face" his 3 give to hin not mobility at all with an avoidable cc, he isn't bad at all, but any guardian in the game (even Hades that is supposed to play as a mage) can suport better than hin with more clean wave, viable cc, damage, versatility, scape/mobility and etc...
    Last edited by papaijoel; 12-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Personally I like him, but he's more of a "bruiser" than a guardian. I play him as a support-tank, and he works well at it, but he has some weaknesses that can be exploited. If you build him as a bruiser he can be a beast. His damage output is high, he's fast (running his 1 with witchblade after getting hit by a slow is funny), and very tanky due to the built-in protections from his 2.

That said, his teamfight potential is ehh, and his main form of damage requires him to stand still, making him a big target for aoes or ults.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Messeery View Post
    He has good peeling and nice damage output with a ton of CC. What makes him worse than other supports?
    The problem is:
    a) Cabra doesnt have good peel(the 3), unless fighting a god without an escape(kinda like Hades) and nearly all top tier gods have great escapes. And ofc nr 3 can be broken by cc.
    b) Got 2 stuns, but one requires you to get hit (bad) and the other one is a single target stun...that is also his escape, not optimal. Single targets stuns wont save your team mates, you need hard aoe cc to win team fights.
    c) his ult/wall can often let enemies escape/be a nuisance instead of a help in team fights.
    d) very very mana hungry
    e) he needs to stand still to get off his main dmg ability (again nr 3) = bad.
    In many ways Cabra feels more like a warrior(should be build bruiser and single target focused) then a guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by papaijoel View Post
    He has the best early game that any guardian can have
    Nope, thats sylvanus: Sustain for the win.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I have 100 w/l ratio with cabrakan

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Cabroken is great as a solo laner or even a jungler. His performance there will surprise you.

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    I have 100 w/l ratio with cabrakan
    Games played: 1
    Victories: 1
    Win rate: 100%

Yep <3

Just teasing <3
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I like cabra. Not so often play him and mostly in arena/siege. He has damage in 4 abilities and cc in all 4 abilities, maybe a bit mana hungry, but i feel its more than enough without stable 3 using. Maybe in conq he isnt the best, but in many other mods he doing fine (near athena).

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    By the gods, as a support player there is no god more useless to me than Cabrakan. His kit is just not fantastic. I cannot Cabrakan WAY more than I cannot Athena.