Thread: New to Smite

Junior Member Cupidhead TheGStar13's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

New to Smite

Hey everyone, I'm new to Smite and mobas in general and I want to get better. Right now I've tried every mode except joust and have above 50% in all of them, so I feel decently good at the game. I've been finding many scenarios where there's almost nothing I can and I'm not sure if I can actually do something in them, like being a melee against a team filled with ranged in something like assault, or anytime I'm against a Vulcan for example. Is there anyone well experienced at Smite that's willing to help train me? My name is TheGStar13 if you want to add me. Any advice in reply to this post is appreciated as well. Thank you!

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Wait until matchmaking slaps you in the face to lower your w/l to 50% intentionally.

In most of the scenarios though, you just can't do much. It's a team game so you should be communicating with the team, and getting things done together.

Edit: feel free to add me ingame. Disquieted1
    Last edited by Disquieted1; 12-10-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    for you melee Vs Ranged problem I would suggest playing a god who can get all up in your face and make you afraid of them I've played many matches where im in solo lane(my fav lane) and im against a mage. the first few levels are hard but once you start to harass them and make them feel real uncomfortable they will hide behind their tower.
    side note: Buy blink it helps out a lot if cant keep up with a range
    "One kills a man, one is an assassin; one kills millions, one is a conqueror; one kills everybody, one is a god."-Jean Rostand

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Counter build.

That is the number 1 scenario that will win you games.

For example, I played earlier as Ne Zha in Joust against a Loki, I should have won, Ne Zha is a better god as long as you can 'dodge' Loki's Ult, and that is easy enough with a Magi Blessing. But he counter built me with beads so my Ult was useless and therefore dropped me instead.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Keep in mind that in all of the modes the object is not to kill the enemy player but win the game. Focus as much if not more on win conditions and you should find even if you cant win the fight there's still a LOT you can do to win the game.
    Let games be what lifts you up when life gets you down.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenPaladin View Post
    Keep in mind that in all of the modes the object is not to kill the enemy player but win the game. Focus as much if not more on win conditions and you should find even if you cant win the fight there's still a LOT you can do to win the game.
    Wow. Holy shit.

Someone has their head on straight.

I still meet people with 700+ conquest matches that F6 because the team has 5 kills compared to the opponents' 12, and they're 0-3-4.

Then I ask why surrender.

"They have too many kills."

My face when.

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenPaladin View Post
    As someone who takes objectives while everybody else is fuqin around in team fights they can't win, this is accurate. The amount of games I've managed to win while people were being stupid is too damn high. (And the worst part is, 90% of those matches end with my own team yelling at me: "Geb/Bacchus/Sylvannus y u no halp in teamfites? omg such noob." 'Cause I was taking towers while you were getting wreckt in a 2v5, dumbass.) Always take your objectives first. If there's a god preventing you from doing it, kill the shit out of them, THEN take your objective. If one of your objectives is in danger, VDD VDD VDD. (Defend!)

If I had a dollar for every time someone fuq'd that up and went absolutely ass backwards on that philosophy...I could have the god pack. :<