Thread: Ullr - Transcendence needed? Devo Gauntlets needed?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

Ullr - Transcendence needed? Devo Gauntlets needed?

Hey,

So just playing Ullr and it seems he's pretty Mana hungry. Several guides suggest Transcendence. But he also seems to need some LS, and also seems to benefit from Jotun's.

Right now I'm veering towards:

Boots -> Transcendence -> Devo's Gauntlets -> Qin's -> Deathbringer -> Rage.

But that seems a little bit of everything and not quite enough of anything.

Boots -> Trans -> Gloves -> Qin's -> Asi -> DB?
    Boots -> Gloves -> Jotun's -> Qin's -> DB -> Rage?

Swopping Titan's in if necessary?

Little help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    A

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    I definitely do agree that Ullr needs transcendence as he benefits greatly from both high mana pool and high dmg boost offered by transc.

After transcendence you should probably analyze what are your enemies and what you will need + adapt it to your playstyle. I.e. I'm a rather active of a player, I move a lot and gank pretty often even when playing a hunter (and tbh if you pick ullr you should be active as well since his kit screams GANK FCKER !).

So when taking it all into consideration my second item usually ends up being ASI. It offers me
    Lifesteal:
    - allowing me to farm longer before I have to go back to base
    - farm safer since I'll be all the time on full hp while farming
    - higher ehp during battles (since ill be lifestealing some of hp back)
    Attack speed:
    - after buying heavy dmg item (transcendence) high a.speed boost will increase my dps a lot more than another dmg item
    - higher a.speed synergizes rly good with Ullr range stance 2nd skill (that I max as second) which gives +dmg
    Penetration:
    - it's always nice
    Additionally ASI is insanely cheap making it more of a tier 2 item which is a great benefit since for a very cheap price I gain 2 very needed for Ullr stats - lifesteal/a.speed and can proceed faster into stronger items

After ASI it's again decision making time. If you'r farm is really strong and your team is looking pretty good, you can start building critical hits buy buying death bringer and rage. If I feel threaten by enemy team I consider buying shifters shield and then go for crit items.

Overall my build usually looks like

Death's tool + (boots 1 and pots or morning star(first part of transcendence) + hp pot) -> transcendence -> ASI -> Deathbringer -> Rage ->
    at this point I sell my DT and buy 1 of these items Malice/Qins or Executioner/Jotunns Wrath/Titans bane

If game last even longer and I get additional gold I'm selling my boots and buying fatalis or (if enemies have lots of physical dmg heroes) Witchblade.

I don't really like devo gloves on Ullr since:
    a) Transcendence will give you lots of attack dmg because of what boosting a.speed will increase your dps a lot more than another heavy dmg item.
    b) buying 2 stacking items one after another in early game will make your build really weak at this point of the game which can backfire quite hard.
    c) In later stages of the game you will have lots of dmg (Deathbringer, Transcendence, 50 from 2nd skill, 30-40 from qins/executioner/jotunns). One more heavy dmg item will increase your overall dmg by maybe 10% while taking away slot of a a.speed item that would increase your dps a lot more

Obviously I maybe be mistaken about my assumptions and my whole theorycraft can sound like a absolute BS to a high tier player, but this build worked for me really good in many games.

Oh and remember never, ever buy meditation. This item is pointless and will make you lose games, transcendence is all you need in terms of mana and in early game just buy mana pots.

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    Thanks that's good stuff.

One query:

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFen View Post

If game last even longer and I get additional gold I'm selling my boots and buying fatalis or (if enemies have lots of physical dmg heroes) Witchblade..
    Why sell your boots for this? The movement speed on boots >>> fatalis/Witchblade, right?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Trans -> Boots -> Deathbringer -> Asi -> TB -> Rage

Trans needs to come online before boots , early deathbringer is also always a good thing not for the crit at start but the 50power it provides.

Then you get more pen and last item Rage .

You always need a Titans Bane on a hunter. You are role is not soley to take people out but you also need to do damage to structures , fire giant and gold fury , the more pen you have the faster they go down.

Boots are core , come 2nd but theyre a necessity runspeed , pen attack speed.
    Last edited by Tythoon; 12-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Trans -> Boots -> Deathbringer -> Asi -> TB -> Rage

Trans needs to come online before boots , early deathbringer is also always a good thing not for the crit at start but the 50power it provides.

Then you get more pen and last item Rage .

You always need a Titans Bane on a hunter. You are role is not soley to take people out but you also need to do damage to structures , fire giant and gold fury , the more pen you have the faster they go down.

Boots are core , come 2nd but theyre a necessity runspeed , pen attack speed.
    This makes good sense but leaves the ASI till quite late. Doesn't that leave you short of sustain in early game?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altissimus View Post
    Why sell your boots for this? The movement speed on boots >>> fatalis/Witchblade, right?
    It's really intuitional my friend. Look at boots and Fatalis/Witchblade movement speed:

Boots give you 3-8% more which is rather low I would say. Additionally movement speed in later stages of the games starts to become less important as its less ganking/escaping and more about teamfights where 3-4 succesfull attacks means win or loss - highly doubt that in such cases that 3-8% ms would change anything . Fatalis even tho it offers 8% ms less lack of movement speed penalty after attacking actually increases your m.s. exponentially more making you that much harder to hit during autoattack battles. Definitely staying with your boots is an option as well, but my personal experience tells me that in late game when my build is full and i lack the spot for defense item, or need more a.speed, selling boots is the way to go

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalFen View Post
    It's really intuitional my friend. Look at boots and Fatalis/Witchblade movement speed:

Boots give you 3-8% more which is rather low I would say. Additionally movement speed in later stages of the games starts to become less important as its less ganking/escaping and more about teamfights where 3-4 succesfull attacks means win or loss - highly doubt that in such cases that 3-8% ms would change anything . Fatalis even tho it offers 8% ms less lack of movement speed penalty after attacking actually increases your m.s. exponentially more making you that much harder to hit during autoattack battles. Definitely staying with your boots is an option as well, but my personal experience tells me that in late game when my build is full and i lack the spot for defense item, or need more a.speed, selling boots is the way to go
    I think boots give 18% actually.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Boots also come with attack speed ,physical power+ flat pen on top of runspeed.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altissimus View Post
    I think boots give 18% actually.
    Boots give 18, fatalis 10, witchblade 15 so difference is 3-8% as I said. You should read more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Boots also come with attack speed ,physical power+ flat pen on top of runspeed.
    30 physical power when your hovering over 300 won't make almost any diff. Additionally 15 pen isn't that good in late game. You don't really need pen for glass cannon nukers/adcs since they will die in matter of 2s anyway, and vs tanks flat pen won't help you at all. Mentioning a.speed was simply dumb as both fatalis and witchblade gives more than boots.
    Last edited by FinalFen; 12-10-2014 at 05:04 AM.