Thread: Bastet versus other assassins?

New Member Cupidhead GhostRavenstorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Bastet versus other assassins?

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...atch=118151107

A friend of mine wants advice on how to play Bastet better and he's been playing arena to work on his PvP skills. In this match link he sent me, he was up against a Nemesis and Kali who won every 1v1 encounter. Is it the difference in item build, lack of damage or counter items, or is it simply that Nemesis and Kali have a better move set for 1v1?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 487
    there are many points to take care of
    1) your friend doesnt have a good build, winged blade is situational and doesnt give any combat stats, and buyed just after just the boots gave you low to none damage output, and he built mostly autoattack items, bastet is an ability based assassin and she should go jotunns wrath or something like that, because so he can get more damage and cdr to have your spells more often, since i dont play her i dont know what to build after it, but tl.dr: he has to build based on his abilities, not on his basic attack

2)this all depends on enemy cd, level and items, imho bastet vs nemesis at level 5 should lose, kali only if she doesnt have her ulti, later in the game, as people gain more items, kali and nemesis should win every duel because of their playstyle based on basic attack mostly.
    early:bastet>nemesis>kali, late game:kali>nemesis>bastet imho
    hope it helped

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    TBH Bastet is rather weak of a hero.

Her main issue is that she has no hard CC. Sure she has lots of slows but sth like sprint counters all of her utility.

Bastet's burst is rather low as well. She's not the type of hero who when jumping on squishy target gets a easy kill in matter of 1 s (like i.e. loki). Her cats/ultimate are dot type of dmg, her main nuke is a dot as well. Biggest issue with such skillset is that enemy always have time to react to bastets gank. They can use aegis, sprint, cast spells etc, making it that much harder/riskier to gank.

Bastet's dmg scalling isn't that insane as well. Sure she has 4 damaging abilities but the fact is that when looking at them 1 by 1, none of those has big base dmg or high scalling, meaning she doesn't snowball nearly as fast as heroes like loki and that her jungling speed (in my opinion, she should be played as jungler) is rather low.

On top of it all, she's mana starving (you need a transcendence before you start to spam spells on creep waves/jungle camps) and her ultimate gets countered by most often used active item - hog.

All in all Bastet definitely can work in a low public games, but I heavily doubt if she's viable vs competent players. There are tons of junglers who while having bigger (and burst) dmg while providing decent hard CC utility (stun/silence).

If I was to give an advice to Bastet player I would probably suggest on using her leap to the fullest extent. This is by far best Bastet ability, you should use it to score easy kills even in places where other heroes wouldn't be able to do so (i.e. on top of enemy tower/phoenix, jumping in middle of enemy team), you should use it actively to harass enemy mid player and to bait out some abilities in the mid-late game (i.e. jump in middle of enemy team wait for ymir freeze, then use beads and jump out). Beside that there's really nothing special about Bastet, she just provides lot of dot dmg, and strong slows (which often are useless due to all the dashes/jumps/sprints/etc), so just be mega aggressive early game where your dmg is nice and slow is still impactfull and hope it will be enough to win a game ^^
    Last edited by FinalFen; 12-15-2014 at 03:30 AM.