Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Gods can play the ADC role?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MyKneeGrowsSSH's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Quote Originally Posted by LevyMP View Post
    Also I read that Gods which have good clear and damage can be used, so does this mean unconventional picks that have those could be used? Say Nu Wa, Poseidon etc
    This Nu Wa part struck me and reminded me of a time I tried NuWa adc with attack speed items, poly, the works. Did decently, ended up winning the lane and the game, but I have to admit the enemy duo was sub-par. The whole scenario didn't really tickle me.

The following match, I got Nu Wa again for solo and had a dude last second flip&lock leaving us with no viable support. Called it a gg and took the support role myself just for laughs. It was fan-fuckin-tastic! If you have some decent CC on your hunter (I was lucky to get a Neith that match), Nu Wa support can be the bane of enemy duo. Ranged zoning (still don't know why people are afraid of lv.1 fog) provided accurate minion booms into passive roots into Neith roots - my carry was monstrously fed, towers pushed by minions, it was pure stomp.

+1 for Nu Wa support, not adc.

Sure, there are other pusher mages that can replace an adc, but one I can vouch for is Vulc. Max the turret by lv.9, practice your turret placement and lol hard. All the adc you need right there, while you can frolic throwing meatballs around. Pure joy. Plus, you'd think there's nothing more satisfying than throwing a Vulc ult on a retreating enemy duo. There is. A duo that knows how to dodge said ult and VEL at you, only to give you enough time to close the gap and 3-2-1 them. Rip.

Word of advice if you want to start experimenting with mages in duo lane, besides the well appreciated Freya and Chronos, play your cripple and hard CC cards, to make the learning experience pleasurable. First off, you should try to play with a friend that knows what you're doing, supporting you with a physical, say, a Herc because double magic duo, when you're just starting to learn it has a tendency to become a pain quickly. Even more so if he's not your friend, doesn't understand what you're going for, does not trust you and general toxicity intensifies. Herc CCs will help a non-CC mage very much and can make a hard CC/crippling mage look like a pro.

Good luck and have fun breaking the meta!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In the past often seen were also Hypercarry Assassins in duolane but this periode is gone i think Mercury and nezha can also work very properly, maybe loki also, but u will have a slightly disadvantage to ranged gods in endgame because u will have to / need time to engage... but those 3 have a very simple and save engage... nezha also has a really good sustain early...

As the guy on top said ... Break the meta !!! XD
    (in casual, competitive i would choose a very safe Hunter like Apollo, Anhur or neith)

Junior Member Cupidhead Mordreadd's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Pretty much what others have said, but 1 thing I think the others forgot to say:

Sustained damage. An ADC need to be able to keep the damage high and sustained, so in theory if all enemies are in range you can kill one, then the second, 3rd, etc., but without stopping. A big burst, then waiting for cooldowns is not an option.

So a normal carry can kill 1 enemy after the other, until reach the penta, no pauses for breathing. But that's hard because you will get some damage here and there, so by the 4th and 5th enemy you won't have the HP to fight and live.
    Now, a Hyper-Carry can in theory, keep going until the end of times, due to some mechanic of the god, like Kali. If she keeps going for her target, she gets healed and can start anew.

in resume:
    Nu Wa can blow her enemy HP, but then she needs to wait some time to do it again. Simple Burst-wait-repeat.
    Apollo can blow his enemy HP, and keep doing it for as long as he can avoid damage and get killed. That is a Carry.
    Kali can blow her enemy HP, and keep doing it until the end of times, provided the right conditions. That is a Hyper-Carry.
    "Time asked Time, how much Time Time had. And Time told Time, that Time had the Time that Time had."

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Actually I would say that having a burst dmg is a lot better. Sure if someone has a burst but lets say after only 3s, god with steady dps outdamages him, burst type god is weaker. But if i.e. You have Ullr who has a passive a.speed increase of 25% (not sure if it's 25 or 30) and i.e. mercury who for 5s gets 70% boost but after that he has no real steroid I would pick the burst type dmg of merc over Ullrs steadily dps working all the time.

Why ?

It's simple if you have burst type of dmg, you have bigger chance to take down enemy before he will be able to hurt you. Additionally if you need more time to kill someone, you'r giving the opportunity to enemy team to protect him and disable you.

Why is loki considered a good hero ? Because of his 25% dmg increase from the back ? No, he's good because he can take down enemies before they are able to react (use abilities). Sure after that you have everything on CD and i.e. autoattacking artemis could outweight your dmg prob after 3s but dead artemis won't do anything.

So ye sustain damage isn't as needed as some would think, having great burst and average sustain can often be more beneficial than high sustain and almost no burst. This gets even more important in orginized games, where enemies can score a fast kill (burst down someone) and after that fall back to reposition themselves and wait for skills to go off cooldown.

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LevyMP View Post
    Why is Freya more viable than say Nu Wa though? They both do a lot of damage but Nu Wa is better at destroying objectives
    Because freya does basic attack damage, and freya can blow people up late game. Nu wa has to land abilities that are on cool downs, while there really isn't much of a cool down for basic attacks.

Alsom besides the main hunters, Freya, Chronos, Vulcan, and Loki can play the arc role, thats what we have seen in the SPL at least.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalFen View Post

Top tier:

Freya - very good steroid, ok clear, strong utility (semi-cc), decent escape (ultimate with i.e. sprint), good burst (would be very good if not the fact that ultimate takes some time)
    Ullr - very good steroid, good clear, ok CC, very good escape/gap closer (jump and burst movement speed), good burst
    Apollo (didn't play him yet)
    Anhur - weak steroid (passive + obelisk, both rather weak and/or situational), very good clear, good CC, very good escape/gap closer, very good burst (excells when playing very aggressive in early-mid game falls off a bit in late game)
    Rama - very good steroids, very good clear, no CC, decent escape (range is somewhat low and can't jump over obstacles), very weak burst (no real nukes and ultimate takes time + is very easy to miss), personally I consider Rama a bit overrated but definitely he can ADC very well.
    Rama isnt overrated , he has a cripple on his 3, his 1 slows , his Ultimate is one of the best snipe abilities in the game. Rama has the highest raw dmg output of all adcs due to his steroids(its true dmg cant be mitigated).

Anhurs damage doesnt fall off lategame , not sure why you have that impression, his passive is very strong , his Shifting Sands is lategame a 20% dmg buff to your AAs(which is massive). His spear CC is a bit soso , his leap CC is nice, his shifting sand slow is good, his ult is a 2nd beads on him and does about 1200 dmg lategame(dmgwise its more effective early / mid since auto attacks outperform hunter abilities lategame anyways).

Apollo does also high damage , very good clear , excellent split pushing ability, has an escape that works very decent as a gap closer , his mez gives him very good boxing capabilities.

Freya is incredibly strong as a hunter , it comes down to your build too , she can box all other hunters if played correctly and can also do some tremendous aoe dmg in teamfights, oh and Banish is just awesome.

Im not sure how often you have played these gods but all of them are incredibly strong at what they do.
    Last edited by Tythoon; 12-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Rama isnt overrated , he has a cripple on his 3, his 1 slows , his Ultimate is one of the best snipe abilities in the game. Rama has the highest raw dmg output of all adcs due to his steroids(its true dmg cant be mitigated).
    Sure his 3 cripples enemies buth honestly I don't like using my escape mechs as a short slow/small dmg increase when playing ADCs. Sure it's a nice ganking option but wouldn't use it like that during a teamfights.

Why did you say he has true dmg ? Not sure where from you got that part.

And ye he has 2 steroids but one lasts for 5 autoattacks for the most part so I wouldn't say Rama has highest dps, pretty sure that artemis outdps him.

Rama ultimate is indeed a good sniping ability but during teamfights it's pretty bad unless you want to stall for time (in mid-late game you would do more dmg when simply autoattacking, and the attack time is rly damn long).

I'm still not convinced to why Rama is considered TOP adc by many, but maybe if you could explain me why did you sam that Rama have a true dmg, I would understand why Rama is considered so strong.

Anhurs damage doesnt fall off lategame , not sure why you have that impression, his passive is very strong , his Shifting Sands is lategame a 20% dmg buff to your AAs(which is massive). His spear CC is a bit soso , his leap CC is nice, his shifting sand slow is good, his ult is a 2nd beads on him and does about 1200 dmg lategame(dmgwise its more effective early / mid since auto attacks outperform hunter abilities lategame anyways).
    I might be wrong I haven't play for a really long time, but back in the closed beta Anhur had a reduced attack speed/increased basic attack delay because of what his dps was rather low in late game compared to other ADCs.

Im not sure how often you have played these gods but all of them are incredibly strong at what they do.
    And that's why at begining of my list there's a title "Top Tier". Read more carefully.