Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Which Gods can play the ADC role?

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead LevyMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    Which Gods can play the ADC role?

    I've never really understand which Gods can, is it a case of if they can carry then you can in theory play them ADC or is it if they're auto attack based?

    Also I read that Gods which have good clear and damage can be used, so does this mean unconventional picks that have those could be used? Say Nu Wa, Poseidon etc

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,993
    33
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Anyone in the Hunter role, Chronos and Freya.
    But you can pick pretty much anything in casual matches.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

  3. #3
    New Member Cupidhead LevyMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Anyone in the Hunter role, Chronos and Freya.
    But you can pick pretty much anything in casual matches.
    Why is Freya more viable than say Nu Wa though? They both do a lot of damage but Nu Wa is better at destroying objectives

  4. #4
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Skyrising's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    36
    1
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Rep Power
    0
    In Smite, "Hunters" fill the ADC role. I play mostly arena so I can only give you my perspective on that in regards to Freya and Nu Wa. Nu Wa is definitely a better wave clearer as she can do it with one move. Towards end game, Freya does not have too much trouble wave clearing though because her damage is increased, although it's still not as quick or efficient as Nu Wa. I don't know what you mean by objectives (buff camps, towers, phoenix, etc?) but I would argue that Freya takes those down much faster than Nu Wa can. Freya is a burst mage and her damage vs single targets is pretty nuts at end game. In arena, taking out the mobile siege tower with Freya is much quicker than with Nu Wa. Both are good mages but I think Freya's kit is more viable. To stun, Nu Wa has to use 2 abilities whereas Freya can just banish. Freya also has a self banish with her ultimate to get her out of sticky situations whilst providing decent damage. When I play Nu Wa in arena, wave clear is my #1 priority and then kills. When playing Freya, kills are my #1 priority and then wave clear is secondary. As for conquest mode, idk but I'm pretty sure Freya is a beast in that game mode too.

  5. #5
    New Member Cupidhead LevyMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrising View Post
    In Smite, "Hunters" fill the ADC role. I play mostly arena so I can only give you my perspective on that in regards to Freya and Nu Wa. Nu Wa is definitely a better wave clearer as she can do it with one move. Towards end game, Freya does not have too much trouble wave clearing though because her damage is increased, although it's still not as quick or efficient as Nu Wa. I don't know what you mean by objectives (buff camps, towers, phoenix, etc?) but I would argue that Freya takes those down much faster than Nu Wa can. Freya is a burst mage and her damage vs single targets is pretty nuts at end game. In arena, taking out the mobile siege tower with Freya is much quicker than with Nu Wa. Both are good mages but I think Freya's kit is more viable. To stun, Nu Wa has to use 2 abilities whereas Freya can just banish. Freya also has a self banish with her ultimate to get her out of sticky situations whilst providing decent damage. When I play Nu Wa in arena, wave clear is my #1 priority and then kills. When playing Freya, kills are my #1 priority and then wave clear is secondary. As for conquest mode, idk but I'm pretty sure Freya is a beast in that game mode too.
    I feel like Nu Wa takes down towers alot quicker than Freya does. I'm just trying to understand why certain Gods aren't played in that role even though they have great clear and damage

  6. #6
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Skyrising's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    36
    1
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Rep Power
    0
    I would argue that Freya out damages Nu Wa vs single targets (bursting). Nu Wa has great AOE damage though, no doubt and her overall damage caused to players and creeps at the end is likely higher than Freya's. That's why I play Nu Wa in a wave clear/support capacity and Freya as a burst mage. Both are fantastic mages so you can't go wrong with either choice. I just like Freya more than Nu Wa because I find her kit more fun.

  7. #7
    New Member Cupidhead LevyMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrising View Post
    I would argue that Freya out damages Nu Wa vs single targets (bursting). Nu Wa has great AOE damage though, no doubt and her overall damage caused to players and creeps at the end is likely higher than Freya's. That's why I play Nu Wa in a wave clear/support capacity and Freya as a burst mage. Both are fantastic mages so you can't go wrong with either choice. I just like Freya more than Nu Wa because I find her kit more fun.
    I'm not denying Freya as being super powerful, I'm just curious why we all go along with the idea that mainly hunters can perform in that role. Aslong as you have good clear and damage can't you effectively play any God to some extent?

  8. #8
    Member Follower Xytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    127
    1
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LevyMP View Post
    I'm not denying Freya as being super powerful, I'm just curious why we all go along with the idea that mainly hunters can perform in that role. Aslong as you have good clear and damage can't you effectively play any God to some extent?
    A carry is at their best end-game. Once they have items they wreak havoc on anyone unfortunate enough to get in their range. They have amazing consistent damage, are not cooldown reliant and can stay at a safe distance. The carry isn't there to push towers early game, they're there to ensure your teams victory once the game drags on. At least that's how I would define the carry role.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TherapyON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78
    1
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    Short answer:
    ADC = Attack Damage Carry
    ADC's main damage output relies on auto-attacks. They are ranged Gods. That is why hunters are the most common ADC choice. Freya and Chronos' main damage output also comes from auto-attacks, that is why they are fit for ADC role.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86
    1
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    Therapyon gave good explanation of what ADC is so I'll skip it and try to explain which ADC's are better than others.

    Strenght of ADC hero is usually dependant on couple of characteristics. I would like to call them "Carry characteristics". It's simply whoever has more and bigger carry characteristics should be consider stronger.

    Here is the list of most important characteristics that you want your ADC to have:

    Steroid skill - ability that increases your autoattack dmg exponentialy. It can be +dmg or +a.speed
    Escape/gap closer - pretty self explanatory
    CC abilities - having CC is obviously great and self explanatory
    Clear potential - having a good clear allows you to farm a lot faster and fulfuill your ADC role a lot earlier in the game
    Burst - having bursty spells that inflict instantanious dmg is awesome because it can score you some easy kills + it makes you a factor even when you'r underfarmed and lack autoattack dmg.

    (those aren't only attributes since there are things like sustain/lifesteal/difficulty of landing abilities but I feel like those 5 main characteristics are most important and at the same time they are enough for newer players to have a good basic look at the hero pool)

    So as you can see there are 5 characteristics that you want your ADC to have. Looking at those you can judge which gods are usually better ADC than others.

    At this point I would like to say that you have to remember than every game is different, and usually decision that you take (in this example the pick choice) should be made after analyzing what your team needs and what your enemy has. I.E. if you noticed that your enemies picked a lot of aggressive in early game heroes like sobek/agni/bastet/loki picking artemis or rama can be a poor choice since both needs ton of farm and aren't that good at dodging ganks/escaping, BUT if your enemies picked a passive lineup with late game heroes like Hebo/Ymir/Bakasura/Freya you can feel safer and make greedy pick like Artemis.

    But to make it simler for newer players I'll give you my list of heroes which I usually consider on the stronger side of ADC pool in unranked conquest games:

    Top tier:

    Freya - very good steroid, ok clear, strong utility (semi-cc), decent escape (ultimate with i.e. sprint), good burst (would be very good if not the fact that ultimate takes some time)
    Ullr - very good steroid, good clear, ok CC, very good escape/gap closer (jump and burst movement speed), good burst
    Apollo (didn't play him yet)
    Anhur - weak steroid (passive + obelisk, both rather weak and/or situational), very good clear, good CC, very good escape/gap closer, very good burst (excells when playing very aggressive in early-mid game falls off a bit in late game)
    Rama - very good steroids, very good clear, no CC, decent escape (range is somewhat low and can't jump over obstacles), very weak burst (no real nukes and ultimate takes time + is very easy to miss), personally I consider Rama a bit overrated but definitely he can ADC very well.

    Bottom Tier:
    Artemis - very good steroid, weak clear, ok CC (boar gets really weak in late game when ppl 1shoot him, and root doesn't disarm or silence), no escape/gap closer, weak burst (artemis is a very greedy pick, she is very bad early game and easy to shutdown but if you manage to survive into late game in a good shape she will be a dps beast)
    Cupid - very bad/situational steroid (gives low a.speed boost and it forces you to waste your only escape), weak clear, good CC, ok escape/gap closer (only ok because can't dash over walls or obstacles), (cupid has very low dps and farms really slow, because of those he sucks as ADC even tho he can carry, in general should be played as support)
    Neith - NO STEROID, ok clear, ok CC, very good escape/ok gap closer, weak/ok burst (depends if you consider her ulti as burst or no - long channel time), (Neith is similar to anhur, very good for aggressive early game teams, but with that said her escape is a bit closer, she lacks steroid, hard CC, and has a lot less burst - thats why Anhur is beter)
    Ah muzen crab (didn't play him) - situational steroid (can be nulified with 1 autoattack), weak clear, no CC, weak escape, ok burst
    Last edited by FinalFen; 12-09-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •