Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Lets talk Ullr

  1. #1
    Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,593
    6
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7

    Lets talk Ullr

    I dont get this god(last few conquest games i have pugged i got to support a Ullr), If we look at Ullr compared to other hunters:
    - kills: dead last
    - assists: lower third
    - avoiding deaths: 2 top (yeaa)
    - over all dmg: lower third
    - needs to get an specific item to work (transcendence), Xbal also needs that but makes up for it with his dmg/ult
    - No ult or kill secure skill
    .
    What Ullr got going for him, is that he is hard to kill and not much else - more or less a uglier mana hungry Neith without the global ult.
    .
    So Ullr players, other then flavour, why pick him?

  2. #2
    Member Follower Tythoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Rep Power
    6
    Because he has the best Hunter kit in the entire game ?

    a leap , a stun , a physical dmg buff , a runspeed buff , attack speed buff, Lifesteal buff , long range aoe poke , decent waveclear .

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,993
    33
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Because he has the best Hunter kit in the entire game ?

    a leap , a stun , a physical dmg buff , a runspeed buff , attack speed buff, Lifesteal buff , long range aoe poke , decent waveclear .
    Rama, Apollo > Ullr > Neith
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,593
    6
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Because he has the best Hunter kit in the entire game ?

    a leap , a stun , a physical dmg buff , a runspeed buff , attack speed buff, Lifesteal buff , long range aoe poke , decent waveclear .
    Yea, i hear that a lot...but look at the numbers or see him play. Its nice with all the tools, but if you cant translate that into kills/dmg/assists whats the point? Ullr is a hunter aka the team carry/killing machine, but he doesnt deliver. If i want utility i will ask solo to go with a mage.

  5. #5
    Member Follower Tythoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Rep Power
    6
    Ullr is just as much a Team Carry as Rama and Apoll , the skill ceiling is just a lot higher , nearly 80% of ppl just dont perform well on him .


    How can Ullr not secure a kill with a leap , a runspeed buff , a single target stun , a line dmg ability and an aoe ability ?

    Rama has 1 true damage buff with a slow , a single target criple shot , an attack speed steroid, and aoe dmg ultimate.

    Apollos ult gives him splitpushing ability , his dash grants a movement speed buff/debuff and charges Audacity , his 1 is a normal waveclear, he has an aoe mezz with 50 physical protection.

    So tell me who of them have the highest potential to secure a kill ? Ullr, cause he has more physical power than any of them , his attack speed is permanent in bow mode , in axe mode he got 25% LS, he has just overall more utility to get a kill than them thb.

    He just requires more skill than Apollo and Rama to play.

  6. #6
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tythoon View Post
    Ullr is just as much a Team Carry as Rama and Apoll , the skill ceiling is just a lot higher , nearly 80% of ppl just dont perform well on him .


    How can Ullr not secure a kill with a leap , a runspeed buff , a single target stun , a line dmg ability and an aoe ability ?

    Rama has 1 true damage buff with a slow , a single target criple shot , an attack speed steroid, and aoe dmg ultimate.

    Apollos ult gives him splitpushing ability , his dash grants a movement speed buff/debuff and charges Audacity , his 1 is a normal waveclear, he has an aoe mezz with 50 physical protection.

    So tell me who of them have the highest potential to secure a kill ? Ullr, cause he has more physical power than any of them , his attack speed is permanent in bow mode , in axe mode he got 25% LS, he has just overall more utility to get a kill than them thb.

    He just requires more skill than Apollo and Rama to play.
    It's not always about securing kills. It's about who can give a stronger presence to their team in the late game, which Apollo does over all. That is why he'll always be a more prominent ADC, no matter of boxing potential.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  7. #7
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    You know, I hear people saying that Ullr or Rama are the best.

    But everytime I watch the smite tournaments, Apollo is always first chosen/first banned it seems. (ADC Wise)
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  8. #8
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    You know, I hear people saying that Ullr or Rama are the best.

    But everytime I watch the smite tournaments, Apollo is always first chosen/first banned it seems. (ADC Wise)
    Because no other hunter can push a phoenix and join a fight at fire giant in a matter of seconds
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  9. #9
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Because no other hunter can push a phoenix and join a fight at fire giant in a matter of seconds
    Oh I know, Im just saying, that I dont see how people can argue that Apollo isnt king. Are there other hunters who have good strengths? Oh hell yes. Im just saying Apollo's kit has everything. One could argue that Ullr's kit also has everything. But it doesnt. He has almost everything, since he has 6 abilities. BUT he does not have an ult. Its the price stance-dancers pay.
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere lost in Time
    Posts
    18,565
    33
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Because no other hunter can push a phoenix and join a fight at fire giant in a matter of seconds
    god teleport
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •