Thread: X is just a worse Y

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349

X is just a worse Y

While many gods are designed incredibly well, and have a very unique "feel" when playing them, some unfortunatly seem like strictly better/worse rehashes of other gods. This does get harder to avoid the more gods are released, but there's nothing wrong with abit of brainstorming on how to improve it.

I'm still somewhat new, and don't have every god unlocked yet, so feel free to suggest other gods that are too much alike or argue why you think the gods I suggest are completely different.

For my first, and currently only, example:
    Kukulkan is a strictly worse Scylla.
    They're both mages focussing almost entirely on offense. Their kits are very much alike and if you do a side-by-side comparison, scylla comes up on top every single time.
    Passive:
    They both kick in around the same time (kukulkan's advantage without any items making use of it is neglegible), scylla's doesn't restrict your item build to take advantage of it.
    Crowd control:
    Kukulkan's cc is a slow, while scylla has a root and cripple.
    Escape:
    Scylla's escape is leagues above kukulkan's speed-boost. Scylla also has cc immunity incorporated into her ult.
    Damage:
    Both can use their main damaging skill to zone others, but scylla's has a bigger aoe, she has more control over it, and it slows and shreds protections when fully ranked. Kukulkan can drop his immediatly,but that's about the only way he has a leg (wing?) up on the horror from the deep.
    Ultimate
    Kukulkan has the bigger aoe here, but you might aswell ignore over half of it with the gigantic tell and reaction time it gives.
    scylla's has much bigger potential damage, possibly being able to hit the same target multiple times, and she's cc immune while using it, meaning it can double as a clutch escape

As for changes to set these two apart:
    Kukulkan's supposed to control the wind, yet he moves slow as molasses. How about changing his passive so that his movement speed gets incresed by a percentage of his magical power or mana?

While we're at it, possibly change his tornadoes by adding a secondary effect? boosting the movement speed of allies walking through them/crippling enemies caught in them or something?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Well what Kukulkan was lacking in his kit he used to make up in damage on his 3. But HiRez apparently listened to thoose that weren't able to overtake the snail tornado and nerfed it. So yeah now he is trash because they took the only thing away he had going for himself. And he wasn't even that good before the nerf.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yivanna View Post
    And he wasn't even that good before the nerf.
    Key words right there.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    *Insert ignorant "but kuku is balanced" copy here*
    But in all seriousness, seems like every other match I'm in has a rank VII Kuku that goes 0-20
    Either I don't face any good Kukus or he's just crap.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    *Insert ignorant "but kuku is balanced" copy here*
    But in all seriousness, seems like every other match I'm in has a rank VII Kuku that goes 0-20
    Either I don't face any good Kukus or he's just crap.
    A good kuku is one with a KDR of 1
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    A good kuku is one with a KDR of 1
    A good Kuku is one that doesn't have a negative KDR. A Kuku with a KDR of over 3 has to be hacking.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    While many gods are designed incredibly well, and have a very unique "feel" when playing them, some unfortunatly seem like strictly better/worse rehashes of other gods. This does get harder to avoid the more gods are released, but there's nothing wrong with abit of brainstorming on how to improve it.

I'm still somewhat new, and don't have every god unlocked yet, so feel free to suggest other gods that are too much alike or argue why you think the gods I suggest are completely different.

For my first, and currently only, example:
    Kukulkan is a strictly worse Scylla.
    They're both mages focussing almost entirely on offense. Their kits are very much alike and if you do a side-by-side comparison, scylla comes up on top every single time.
    Passive:
    They both kick in around the same time (kukulkan's advantage without any items making use of it is neglegible), scylla's doesn't restrict your item build to take advantage of it.
    Crowd control:
    Kukulkan's cc is a slow, while scylla has a root and cripple.
    Escape:
    Scylla's escape is leagues above kukulkan's speed-boost. Scylla also has cc immunity incorporated into her ult.
    Damage:
    Both can use their main damaging skill to zone others, but scylla's has a bigger aoe, she has more control over it, and it slows and shreds protections when fully ranked. Kukulkan can drop his immediatly,but that's about the only way he has a leg (wing?) up on the horror from the deep.
    Ultimate
    Kukulkan has the bigger aoe here, but you might aswell ignore over half of it with the gigantic tell and reaction time it gives.
    scylla's has much bigger potential damage, possibly being able to hit the same target multiple times, and she's cc immune while using it, meaning it can double as a clutch escape

As for changes to set these two apart:
    Kukulkan's supposed to control the wind, yet he moves slow as molasses. How about changing his passive so that his movement speed gets incresed by a percentage of his magical power or mana?

While we're at it, possibly change his tornadoes by adding a secondary effect? boosting the movement speed of allies walking through them/crippling enemies caught in them or something?
    I cry myself to sleep every night due to what they did to my poor AO. First they mutilated him into a 4 winged gecko then made him about as strong as single ply toilet paper.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Do not get me started on kuku!
    as a player who mained ao kuang back in april, and played him non stop til about july-august, i pretty much know everything about him his ups, his downs, his ccless, escapeless, utilityless kit. and the only thing that got him going is his damage, his slow is goddamn worthless since more then half the cast of gods can counter slow and the other half can get beads or sprint, making Kuku chopped liver. his tornados arent even a problem since any experienced (thats right i said experienced since people who complain about him cant even dodge a slow projectile,) person can sense it a mile away. his passive was what made him do so much damage in the first place, an inherited book of thoth, and right now his tornados are so goddamn weak that squishy has no problem running into it to get to kuku and killing him. hell the tornados even take about a 1/10 of kuku's mana if he doesnt stack any mana because it for some god damn reason cost more then his ultimate, i mean what in the hell made the devs think it was a good idea to nerf the hell out tornados and still cost 150 mana, this is the most costing ability next to bacchus chug. even with all my experience on kuku/aokuang i can barely get to first in damage compared to any other mage that arent nearly as experienced. this really pisses me off
    Awww HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES!

My mode idea:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-idea-Survival