Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Smite matchmaking system problem (not opponents or time related)

  1. #1
    Junior Member Cupidhead Raventhrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    27
    1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Rep Power
    0

    Smite matchmaking system problem (not opponents or time related)

    Hello there ladies and gentlemen that might inhabit this forum.

    Since the reply I got to a support ticket was that this is the right place to give feedback even though there's a feedback category in support, I'm gonna repost my ticket here, which is apparently the correct place.

    RANT WARNING!

    =================

    Greetings.

    I am writing to support because I am under a problem that simply drains me and my friends' joy when playing this game completely. Smite is a good game, but because of this, it is impossible for us to play and have fun.

    We mostly queue with an incomplete team, meaning, 2 for a joust 3v3, mostly. The problem is that the 3rd member of the team is FAR BELOW our skill. We are not talking slightly, we are talking 15% or more win ratio difference in joust 3v3. We cannot possibly have the same matchmaking ranking! It is simply not possible according to any rating system whatsoever, not elo, not trueskill, no matchmaking algorithm does this.

    There has to be a bug, a problem, something. It is impossible to have fun when playing with someone that has twice as many deaths as the rest of the team combined! Someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the game mode whatsoever. We want to have fun again, we understand that the new matchmaking system is new, but for the love of god and everything that is true and sacred change this! Give us harder opponent's teams, sure, we don't mind. Just don't fill our team with someone with much lower skill! It is the most frustrating thing that can happen.

    In the past weeks we've seen everything from people who can't dodge skills, people who don't know how joust works and even someone who ACTIVELY TRIED TO KILL TEAM MATES JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE GETTING MORE KILLS!

    Last month I was at 59% win ratio. I am now on 56 and dropping, and keep getting matched with people with 40% win ratio. This is not acceptable, it is not right, it is not fun and it is not in your own self interest since it risks losing you players! When someone loses a game after starting perfectly well, 5-0 and downing a tower, and then the third member of the team suicides 1v3 on the opponent team four times in a row, something is wrong.

    Please... PLEASE. Give us teammates of our own skill level, even if you have to greatly increase the opponent's skill. We would rather lose because we were outplayed, instead of losing because our third partymate couldn't play properly if his life depended on it. From people who don't dodge skills that are slow, to people who, when the game is 0-0 and no towers are down, declare the game as lost and go away, to people who have TEN TIMES as more deaths as the rest of the team, we've seen it all.

    WE WANT TO STOP SEEING IT! And if we have to stop playing because of it, then that has to be the solution! We would rather not, we would rather in fact stop being matched up with weak players.

    Is there anything that will be done? Will this change? What can we do? If nothing will be done at least let me know so I can leave the game in peace and leave this frustration behind.

    Sincerely,

    Raventhrone

    ==============

    There. If it gets more visibility here, so be it.

    Goodbye folks.

  2. #2
    New Member Cupidhead NaughtyRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Rep Power
    0
    Completely agree. The quality of the match making has been abysmal lately. So far, in my experience, the "new queues" have taken longer to produce worse match ups. Hope this is solved soon, because it really is taking the fun out of the game.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Cupidhead Raventhrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    27
    1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Rep Power
    0
    More info:

    Just got teamed with three different third members over three games with 16,15 and 17% (respectively) less win rate than me in joust. AGAIN. This is unacceptable. They cannot have the same rating as me. GIVE ME TEAMMATES WITH THE SAME RATING AS ME.

    Can anyone do anything or say anything? Are we supposed to keep putting up with this crap? LET ME BE OUTPLAYED, DON'T GIVE ME TEAMMATES THAT WILL THROW THE GAMES OVER AND OVER AND OVER! FFS, HiRez, why is nothing being done? Why is nothing being SAID? Are we just supposed to quit???? Is that it? If so, fine, but at least say something!

    How can we have fun like this???

  4. #4
    Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tall grass, P = x / 187.5
    Posts
    7,961
    27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Rep Power
    50

    So... You've NEVER played a game of assault, conquest, or arena.
    And you assume this is a right to complain matchmaking?
    I have around a 42% conquest winrate.
    Yet most people I fight can't handle the

    That is me.
    Winrate is not everything, my friend.
    In fact, it is nothing.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.


  5. #5
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    35
    1
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    This so hard man... 8/10 games you get someone who is completely brain dead and is obviously playing without a keyboard, or hands.

  6. #6
    New Member Cupidhead elTzimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Rep Power
    0
    since I got into mobas (or dota-like, wtv you like to call it) I usually play with friends, to avoid idiots and this kind of situation. Still, with the new matchmaking it's taken much, much longer to start playing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post

    So... You've NEVER played a game of assault, conquest, or arena.
    And you assume this is a right to complain matchmaking?
    I have around a 42% conquest winrate.
    Yet most people I fight can't handle the

    That is me.
    Winrate is not everything, my friend.
    In fact, it is nothing.
    How is this relevant? If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that the matchmaking for one kind (Joust) is affected by the win % of every other (arena, conquest, etc). If this is the case, the matchmaking is broken and needs fixing.

    If it's not the case, what the hell did you mean?

  7. #7
    Junior Member Cupidhead Raventhrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    27
    1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    < removed stupid image here >
    So... You've NEVER played a game of assault, conquest, or arena.
    And you assume this is a right to complain matchmaking?
    I have around a 42% conquest winrate.
    Yet most people I fight can't handle the
    < removed stupid image here >
    That is me.
    Winrate is not everything, my friend.
    In fact, it is nothing.
    Hello there. You seem to not know how ranking systems work: Trueskill (which is the basis for the smite matchmaking system) rates people giving them a certain amount of points per win and a certain amount of points per loss to represent their expected win chance versus opponents. This is game mode specific. In that way, it is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT if anyone plays conquest, assault, or whatever. This is about joust 3v3, only joust 3v3, and nothing but joust 3v3.

    So, if you think conquest and assault matchmaking have no problems, good, I hope it stays that way. I just don't understand why you come to a topic about joust 3v3 to say that. Seems a bit odd, at the least.

    And then you say that winrate isn't everything. Yes it is. The only things that affect your rating are whether you win or lose, your current rating and the rating of your opponents. How can you say winrate is nothing? That is such a display of ignorance (or trolling, whatever, I can never tell when someone is or not trolling) that I wonder if you are not part of the problem, trying to rationalize that a negative win ratio is not a bad thing. It is. It is a very bad thing. It means you literally lost more than you won. It means you lose more often than you win. How is this not bad? It is horrible!
    Last edited by Raventhrone; 12-07-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Removing an idiotic image that only takes space.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tall grass, P = x / 187.5
    Posts
    7,961
    27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raventhrone View Post
    Hello there. You seem to not know how ranking systems work: Trueskill (which is the basis for the smite matchmaking system) rates people giving them a certain amount of points per win and a certain amount of points per loss to represent their expected win chance versus opponents. This is game mode specific. In that way, it is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT if anyone plays conquest, assault, or whatever. This is about joust 3v3, only joust 3v3, and nothing but joust 3v3.

    So, if you think conquest and assault matchmaking have no problems, good, I hope it stays that way. I just don't understand why you come to a topic about joust 3v3 to say that. Seems a bit odd, at the least.

    And then you say that winrate isn't everything. Yes it is. The only things that affect your rating are whether you win or lose, your current rating and the rating of your opponents. How can you say winrate is nothing? That is such a display of ignorance (or trolling, whatever, I can never tell when someone is or not trolling) that I wonder if you are not part of the problem, trying to rationalize that a negative win ratio is not a bad thing. It is. It is a very bad thing. It means you literally lost more than you won. It means you lose more often than you win. How is this not bad? It is horrible!
    You missed the entirety of my post. My post is a special kind of trolling limited to me. Here is a description:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    You're right, it is trolling. But it's that special kind of trolling where there is truth in your statements, but people are too serious to see the truth.
    I said that winrate isn't everything. Just because you win doesn't mean you're good. It could mean you were carried, it could mean you got lucky.
    It's just the luck of the draw. If I see you have 100% winrate, good for you! If you have 0%, then I'll play with you until you win. Anything in between, I don't care. It's not about how you win, it's about how you play.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.


  9. #9
    Junior Member Cupidhead Raventhrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    27
    1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Rep Power
    0
    Sir, could you please not infest my serious thread with your incoherent and uninformed trolling? If you don't know how ranking systems work, please go read before replying, ok? You're doing nothing other than spouting nonsense.

    Just because you win doesn't mean you're good.
    Indeed, that is correct. It is also irrelevant. This is not a thread about people being good, or people being bad. It's a thread about the matchmaking system having a problem. The problem is that people with totally different ratings are being matched together and that goes against the purpose of a matchmaking system.

    It could mean you were carried, it could mean you got lucky.
    It is irrelevant, the rating aims to get you with people with your own rating and over time it converges to try and give each player a 50% win ratio. It is the role of the system. The system does not care if one is lucky or carried, the system should only care about results and numbers.

    It's just the luck of the draw.
    "the luck of the draw" does not apply to a mathematical rating system.

    If I see you have 100% winrate, good for you! If you have 0%, then I'll play with you until you win.
    Irrelevant and offtopic, please do not derail the thread.

    Anything in between, I don't care.
    Then GET THE FUCK OFF MY THREAD! If you don't care, if you have nothing constructive and proper to say, then DO NOT GIVE PROOF OF IT WITH WORDS.

    It's not about how you win, it's about how you play.
    No, it is about how the matchmaking system works. It is neither about how one wins nor how one plays. It is about how the matchmaking system is implemented and whether or not it has a serious bug, which all signs point to the fact that it does.

    Now fuck off and go bother someone else, filthy troll.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tall grass, P = x / 187.5
    Posts
    7,961
    27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raventhrone View Post
    Sir, could you please not infest my serious thread with your incoherent and uninformed trolling? If you don't know how ranking systems work, please go read before replying, ok? You're doing nothing other than spouting nonsense.


    Indeed, that is correct. It is also irrelevant. This is not a thread about people being good, or people being bad. It's a thread about the matchmaking system having a problem. The problem is that people with totally different ratings are being matched together and that goes against the purpose of a matchmaking system.


    It is irrelevant, the rating aims to get you with people with your own rating and over time it converges to try and give each player a 50% win ratio. It is the role of the system. The system does not care if one is lucky or carried, the system should only care about results and numbers.


    "the luck of the draw" does not apply to a mathematical rating system.


    Irrelevant and offtopic, please do not derail the thread.


    Then GET THE FUCK OFF MY THREAD! If you don't care, if you have nothing constructive and proper to say, then DO NOT GIVE PROOF OF IT WITH WORDS.


    No, it is about how the matchmaking system works. It is neither about how one wins nor how one plays. It is about how the matchmaking system is implemented and whether or not it has a serious bug, which all signs point to the fact that it does.

    Now fuck off and go bother someone else, filthy troll.
    Wow.

    Anyways, you're the one getting angry at the person who is telling you WINNING AIN'T SHIT.
    So, you're complaining that you keep losing... and you won't listen to someone who is telling you winning isn't everything.
    You aren't playing the game right.
    GAMES are meant to instill fun. You're just a tryhard ruining it for everyone else.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •