Thread: Late to respond in lobby and starting screen

New Member Cupidhead Ankhenaton's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Exclamation Late to respond in lobby and starting screen

During the last week when I launch the game I go to the login screen enter my details, then when I get the "logging in with your credentials screen", the screen persists for a long time and when I finally get in game I get a black center screen with no news, no gods to select and many other stuff missing.

When and if that finally loads, I get a huge delay to accept when a game is ready to start, delay to get in the god select lobby, delay to choose and lock a god. In game everything responds fine.

This has happened to me during the last week or so, before that everything was smooth. Any ideas what could be the issue?

I have an
    i5 760 @ 3.4GHz
    GTX 460 2GB
    12 GB RAM

No new software or hardware have been added to my rig, so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks in advance

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    I have the same problem. Friends have tried to fix it, but ends up failing in the end. I even reset my router and some connection settings on my computer. I fixed the problem by just waiting a few hours, or waiting for the next day. Everything worked perfectly fine again.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JayDarkman's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    same issue since the Kukulkan patch. Trying to solve it with Hirez support. My current theory is that it may be ISP speed throttling measures interfering with how smite talks to the servers

Achievements:
    This thing continues to happen. I couldn't get in the last 2 games because I couldn't press the accept button. Then just before that, I had managed to queue for a normal:conquest, since in the morning everything was fine game-wise, and I was last to get a role of course, because of a 5 second delay on chat when I pressed the enter button to send the message, leaving me with support role. Then with 250-500 ping. We surrendered at 10 and I apologized. It's like a damn Russian roulette when I queue for a match, either I get a normal gaming experience or everything is just screwed up massively. I reset my router, firmware is updated at it's latest version. I don't know what else to do

Achievements:
    Did a tracert to check the ms of my connection to smite but I am not sure what those high ping stand for.

Please enlighten me, as I just can't play

Thanks

New Member Cupidhead HiRezSever's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Basically what is happening is that the UI on the client cannot sync up with what the servers want it to say, so you get the black screen.

That it would take you a long time to login would also seem to bear this out.

I would recommend reinstalling antivirus, as this is the most common culprit.

Achievements:
    Will try this later on. I will habe to wait and see since I am currently reinstalling the game just in case. Will update and see.

Achievements:
    I reinstalled the antivirus and everything worked fine last night. Today though it was the worst lag ever. It's not just the slow loading any more. It's the lag. I was "playing" with 900 ping, going down to 250 then steadily up again. Had 3 disconnects the only game I got into. Skype is also bad, if that helps, everyone else hears me choppy and robot-like. It's completely unplayable.

I tried just now to play and this time I was "unable to connect".

*edit*
    Tried one more game this is the tracert:

and the launch log:

http://pastebin.com/bEJNQ4wb
    Last edited by Ankhenaton; 12-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.

New Member Cupidhead HiRezSever's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Try running a malware scan. Is your router firmware up to date? Definitely sounds like a connection issue, you may need to contact your ISP about this.