Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Several Smite Suggestions

  1. #11
    Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wrecking hee noobs in solo, ho!
    Posts
    5,840
    21
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    19
    I disagree with changing the effect of Chang'e stun on Waxing Moon Dance.
    This in turn would basically butcher the ultimate's animation (I mean she fires a giant blue croissant at you full speed) rather than slowly hitting enemies in its wake.
    I would go onto other gods but I'm lazy atm.
    Plz don't shoot me.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

    Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

  2. #12
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Rep Power
    0
    Freya doesnt deal 800 dmg per shot WTF ?

    Irradiate at rank 5 : 100+25% , 5 sec duration
    Pulse at rank 5 : 60+15% , 5 sec duration

    combined 160+40% , 5 sec duration at 2.0 attack speed = 10 shots = 1800-2000 dmg , cause Freya doesnt build 900 magical power like most mages due to the bad scaling

    most mages deal that much of a burst from a safer distance , she has hunter range not real deal mage range

    and no Freya hits you for 800 per shot


    Changes ult doesnt need a change

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    8
    I will only answer to the god changes, since they are allready quite long and I dont want to read all this

    Gods:
    + Apollo


    Apollo has allready the highest attackspeed with his passive, further increasing it seams off.
    Your feeling of "it feels slow" just is off.


    + Arachne
    I cannot say much about her damage, it feels really high, but this is quite normal with autoattack assasins.
    Also her lifesteal ability was actually the ability most people hated, since you cced yourself.
    Most people do not like to CC yourself, especially when the enemy can drag you around.
    .
    + Bacchus

    I dont like copying other gods abilities. Chronos timestop is special so I don't like this.
    When I would rather have, that the enemy gets stunned (passes out) when having received a certain number of ticks instead of at the end, that would make more sense.
    .
    + Chang'e
    I like the stun here better, since it is a moon flying through people and hitting them, also it would be kind of a nerf if it would take time to stun.
    .
    + Cabraken

    Your buffs to cabrakan are just to much!
    His 1 stuns, and his 2 stuns sometimes, so making it that his 2 also stuns reliable would give him 2 reliable stuns.
    Also his 3 is sooo annoying and deals quite high damage. It is NO ultimate and it can be used as long as you want!
    Your buffs would make it better then hades ultimate which has a way longer cooldown!
    I dont quite know what you mean with the ultimate form, but it is quite good the way it is, and making it harder to escape is not needed.

    + Fenrir

    Where is the point in cripple, when you give gods, which it is useful against crippleimmunity?
    I think this is a bad idea. He maybe needs buffs, but this are the wrong buffs.
    He should become viable but it should be possible to counter him!!

    + Freya
    .
    You know there are some things called mathematics and calculating? So you do not need a half baked experiment like this...
    Also I do not see the purpose.
    All autoattack based champions have high damage potential!
    On the other hand they do not have (in the mid game) good burst.
    Also they need to be able to be constantly attacking and you can bodyblock attacks (to some point with freya since aoe).

    + Hel

    Hels cleanse is a verry verry powerful effect, when handled correct, i do not see why this should need a buff, especially a buff leading to just spaming it into groups of people....
    Why should switch stances be immune to cc? I do not see a reason, when you are stunned you cannot change yourself thats fine. When catched in the wrong stance its your own fault to begin with.
    .
    + Hercules
    Hercules has only 2 damageabilities, where some other gods have 3. So his 2 abilities need to deal around the same damage as 3 abilities would from other gods. I also think that he can be quite strong, but crippling his damage potential is somehow wrong.
    .
    + Mercury
    If you are not sure, then calculate! Even you should have had basic math. If he is ahead and has luck with crits, his burst is high. The same is true for other assasins or hunter foing for crit and autoattack damage.
    .
    + Nox
    she was quite remodelled, so it is fine, but "increase her cooldown of the silence because hebo" was just a bad idea...
    This are different gods with different skills.

    + Odin
    That would be completely fine with me, actually it makes sense.
    Also his ring does not grant him anything anymore (just serves as a debuff). (Someone else mentioned he should keep the things granted by it). I think in all the ultimate is a little bit weak now, since it grants him nothing.

    + Rama
    His 1 is a toggle, the same as xbalanque, so you cannot cancel it, thats fine and intended.

    + Serquet
    Serqet is verry hard to counter, because of her really high mobility.
    Giving her immunity to cripple is therefore a really really bad idea...
    Why should ambushs cooldown be reduced?...
    Granting her even more mobility, becoming even harder to catch just seams wrong.
    I mean at 40% cdr with 14 seconds it would be only 8.4 so itcould used to begin a fight and maybe also to get out of it...
    It should also not also have a poison! She has allready a really strong passive and when she misses her 2 (or uses 1 to attack/escape) it is perfectly fine, that she cannot proc the passive!
    Also her passive is this way, such that she NEEDS the ultimate to get 3 stacks, this would really kill the purpose of this (and make her even stronger...)
    I am against refunding cooldown, since this would allow her to just get invisible and then walk and then get invisible again etc.. Also it should be possible to be able to make errors!
    If you make an error you should be punished.
    This reads as if you like her, but play her not that good, and want her kit to correct all the errors you make.
    .
    + Sobek
    Damage immunity seams to be a little bit too much. It could then be way to easy used as an escape, this is not something a guardian should be able to do.
    I mean then he could just go into the enemies let them hit him and then just escape as if nothing happend unless they follow him (into his allies) and taking full damage from his ultimate.
    Also this 4 seconds could help him get the cooldown of his 1 again to escape even better.
    I think the ultimate is a little lacking, but this would definitely be too much. (Especially since his ultimate has an effect of slowing allready)
    .
    + Ullr
    Only because another god has something this is no reason ullr should also get it. He has also a jump!
    Having slow immunity and a jump seams like it would be IMPOSSIBLE to catch im.
    .
    Items:
    + This is more of a question than anything else, does Hydra's Lament or Polynomicon's basic attack bonus damage stack? If I trigger the passive, wait four seconds, trigger it again, then basic attack within five seconds of the first ability will I get an additional 100% of my power as bonus damage? If not, please adjust it so that this is the case.

    Hydra's lament and polynomicons 4 seconds start when you have used the proc. This is here such that you cannot deal too much burst damage with it! (Also you say some gods like freya deal to much damage or merc too much burst damage, but want to increase the burst of this items?!)

    + Magi's Blessing Hiding information from the enemy has nothing to do with strategic depths. When they do not know, they have to guess which makes it more lucked based and less strategicly.
    + Winged Blade same reasoning...
    + Talisman so just because you like to buy items in some modes you want them to be cheaper?! Not a good reasoning, especially since the talisman is a mirror to the physical protection health item costing also 25.
    Also maybe this is intended that it is not possible to buy both? Such that you can only buy 1 starter item and nothing else.



    All in all I think there is not much thought in your critique, just subjective things where you want to get your favorite gods buffed, and not liked gods nerved.
    Last edited by TigrisCallidus; 01-13-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

  4. #14
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post


    All in all I think there is not much thought in your critique, just subjective things where you want to get your favorite gods buffed, and not liked gods nerved.

    Amen to that cause thats exactly what the op is trying to achieve.


    There was not a single thought put into any of his suggestions.

    And Trubblegum was just supplementing this nonsense with even more nonsense.

    Some people playing this game are failing the math class hard tbh.

  5. #15
    New Member Cupidhead ShadedWraithX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Rep Power
    0
    I would also like to suggest a removal of the not picking a god counting as deserting a game, I think the deserter status should be reserved for when you desert your team in the middle of on going match, if god picking fails another match will pop in a few seconds. Some people get suddenly called away or can't decide who to play because someone already locked in the god(s) they play.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadedWraithX View Post
    I would also like to suggest a removal of the not picking a god counting as deserting a game, I think the deserter status should be reserved for when you desert your team in the middle of on going match, if god picking fails another match will pop in a few seconds. Some people get suddenly called away or can't decide who to play because someone already locked in the god(s) they play.
    But this person still wasted 9 peoples time also, you should not be able to just leave, because someone else picked the god/position you wanted.
    Else you would see lots of lots of leavers...
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

  7. #17
    Member Follower conedeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    223
    4
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    well I can tell from your suggestions that those are the gods that trip you up a lot. in short buy beads...

  8. #18
    Member Follower democidist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    183
    4
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    I've barely been gone from the forum, and come back to this many replies! Woot! I only really see complaints about a few of the suggestions and will take that as agreement with most of them. That makes me happy. I will try to address as many of your comments as possible.
    .
    Because I have realized I must not have been clear enough in my original post, I very specifically worded every suggestion to indicate the importance/necessity of the change. The key to this thread is as follows in order of importance:
    .
    Need = The game needs this change
    Should/Ought to = The game does not need this change, but should have it
    [None of the above] = I in no way expect to see this change actually implemented, but would still like to see it
    .
    Hopefully clearing that up will set more of you at rest with my suggestions.
    .
    In regards to my suggestions for Bacchus Belch and Chang'e's Ultimate, I think that the reason that so many of you are opposed to them (particularly with Chang'e) is that you're thinking I want the effect to clone Chronos' Stop Time, which couldn't be further from the truth. I didn't give that much detail to that suggestion because I figured I'd leave it up to the developers, but I was thinking more like a 0.1-0.2 second slow on them rather than the like 1-2 second slow on Chronos' ability. That way it would be too small to significantly effect balance (since that was not the goal of the suggestion), but would make it feel less like a sudden stun, and more like an intended effect. The original inspiration for this suggestion is your typical drunken stumble. I had imagined that during the short slow on Bacchus' Belch affected gods would stumble to the ground (as if they were drunk). The reason I also transferred the suggestion onto Chang'e was that, they both share the same underlying problem with those abilities from my perspective, and that is that both of the animations have very soft and unimpactful animations and without some kind of audio queue to indicate otherwise, it causes a real disconnect between what happens and what it feels like should happen. Upon further thought though, and having re-read Trubblegum's post, I have been inspired to make an alternate suggestion to solve that underlying problem with Chang'e's Ultimate: When you get hit by the wave, you have a short-duration (single nod) camera shake. I believe that this will have the intended effect while effectively leaving her unchanged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Freya needs a 50% damage nerf when using both her 1 and 2 together.
    I don't know what game you're playing, but Freya rarely uses both of those together because in many situations the splash is just too valuable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vomelet View Post
    There was not a single thought put into any of his suggestions...
    Some people playing this game are failing the math class hard tbh.
    You must think pretty highly of me if you think that I could just throw this all together, I put a lot of time and energy into the original post in order to review and take into account as many of the consequences of these suggestions as I could as a single person. I even went so far as to proof-read the post, several times.
    .
    I have probably reached higher levels of math than you in my extensive educational career, but I am not so foolish as to think that math can account for all of the complex interactions that can happen in a videogame such as this. While I'm sure you were referring to my Freya suggestion, as was TigrisCallidus, in the time it would take you to collect the statistical data necessary to account for player accuracy and account for all of the different builds and stages within each of them, my simple experiment could have been repeated several times and have achieved its goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by conedeke View Post
    well I can tell from your suggestions that those are the gods that trip you up a lot. in short buy beads...
    Of the gods I posted suggestions about, I am not afraid to admit that the only ones that "trip me up" are Freya, Hercules, and Mercury; and of those the only one that I can give CC any credit for is Hercules. Still, I consider it to be more of a damage and amount of tankiness thing, rather than the fault of the CC itself.

  9. #19
    New Member Cupidhead Herpti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    5
    1
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Rep Power
    0
    Baccus, it would be more fun to add 'inverse controls' at the end of his Belch of the Gods, rather than a stun.

  10. #20
    Member Follower democidist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    183
    4
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    Large Reply Post
    General:
    + If you actually read the explanation following each of my suggestions that explained my reasoning for them, you wouldn't even have half of the complaints that you posted. That being said, I will not repeat any of that reasoning in this post.
    .
    Gods:
    + Bacchus
    + I like your suggestion, and a change will be made in my next revision.
    .
    + Cabraken
    + Refraction Shield if changed as I suggested will almost always have the same result as it has currently, the purpose for the change was more to make him more friendly for beginners, who typically don't stare down their passive meter. In making the suggestion, I tried to gauge what it usually took for me to get the passive up, and this is what came out of it.
    + Tremors can be used for at most ten seconds, unless you run out of mana before then (which happens commonly early game, which is when he is at his strongest).
    + My suggestion for Tectonic Shift was simply to make the damaging area less weirdly shaped.
    .
    + Fenrir
    + Cripples are useful against more than just the two gods (Fenrir & Serquet) who's almost entire kit is shutdown by them. There are plenty of other available counters without cripples, which I might add are on an almost insignificant number of gods.
    .
    + Hel
    + Hel is way too mana hungry to be spamming any abilities without good reason. So no, this change would not result in any such play.
    + Any other non-stance switching god in the game can immediately respond with an ability after being CC'd. Hel, Ullr, and Tyr cannot and as such they have a delayed response, which can result in death. There is no reason, that gods which are already lacking an ultimate ability need to have any additional weaknesses. The only reason I didn't pass this suggestion along to Tyr, is that if he were able to switch while CC'd, he could potentially avoid death while CC'd due to his protection buff in Guard stance.
    .
    + Hercules
    + He has three damaging abilities, not two. And the highest damage of any warrior with the possible exception of Bellona (Vamana is not too far behind). Additionally, he can heal from 1% of his total health up to 91% with one ability on top of all of his damage, while still building quite tanky. Explain to me how that's balanced? (Tip: It's a trick question.)
    .
    + Mercury
    + Mercury easily has the highest damage of any assassin in the game. It's not hard to see that even if you don't do the math.
    .
    + Nox
    + If you took the time to actually look at and compare their two kits, you'd realize how similar they are. In fact, she is just weaker in all respects (short of toughness since her revision).
    .
    + Rama
    + I don't care if it was intended or not. I'm entitled to have an opinion and I think it would be better off able to be cancled, even if this came in the form of a setting in the game options.
    .
    + Serquet
    + Serquet is actually super easy to counter, the current meta (CC-Burst) counters her perfectly.
    + Unless you're refering to her ability to cross the map, a shorter cooldown on her leap will lead to more frequent engages, not 'greater mobility'.
    + People like you constantly complain about her mobility, but fail to recognize that if she had a poison on her leap, players would be more inclined to use it in combat and then would have no abilities left to use as an escape.
    - I assumed that people would recognize that she would have to have her passive adjusted down if this happened, so that she would still have to use her ult in order to proc her passive for 20%. I didn't include this note in part because I assumed that people wouldn't think I'm too stupid to recognize that.
    + The cooldown refund was mostly intended to make her more accessible to new players, as I thought of it when I was still new to her. I stand by the suggestion, because I still believe it is a good idea.
    + I have yet to meet anyone who can play Serquet better than me, though I was kind of impressed when I watched DeGarz play her the other day. This is mostly because her whole design works with the way I play naturally, so I just do well without trying.
    .
    + Sobek
    + The main reasoning behind this suggestion was that at one point Sobek had basic attack damage mitigation during his ultimate, my suggestion would have mearly taken that one step further.
    + It may just be me questioning the status quo, but is it really necessary that a guardian be relegated to being a 'bullet sponge' for lack of a better term? Is it really so horrible for a god that otherwise deals miniscule damage to be able to have such an escape? Especially when you consider, as a guardian it really ought to be used more for initiation anyways.
    .
    + Ullr
    + My suggestion for slow immunity on Ullr's speed buff was mearly my suggesting something I'd enjoy, nothing more. If you had read my introduction you would have understood that.
    + Given your opinion on Serquet, Ullr's already impossible to catch. Ullr has always has more mobility than serquet. Her kit is effectively Ullr's Axe Form plus an ultimate. Both have a line attack that applies a hard CC, both have a leap, and she has a dash in place of his movement speed buff.
    .
    Items:
    + Hydra's Lament/Polynomnicon
    + Yes, I would like to see them work in this way. The reason being that the skill ceiling on pulling off perfect timing on this with multiple one second windows would be very high. I am of the persuasion that skill ought to be rewarded through supporting mechanics.
    .
    + Magi's Blessing/Winged Blade
    + The visual representation for the passives on Magi's Blessing and Winged Blade were only recently added and somehow players got by fine before they were added. It's not hiding information, it would be no different than beads in that you need to pay attention and communicate with your team that the passive is down. The need for communication, coordination, and paying attention are all contributing factors in the act that is strategizing.
    .
    + Talisman
    + To answer your question, yes. I was asking them to change something I would like to see changed for reasons my own. Is that so wrong? Is this not an open forum where people can make suggestions at their whim? If they would have to change the price of the mirror, so be it, no skin off my back. I knew that this change wouldn't have a significant impact on the game outside of my small application, so I saw no harm in it being implented.
    .
    General Continued:
    + I put a lot of thought into all of the suggetions in this post, if you had actually read the reasoning behind them that followed every single suggestion, you might have gleamed a hint of how much went into each.
    + My intent certainly was not to buff my favorites and nerf everyone else. I certainly did however, only make suggestions on gods that I play or frequently play against so that the suggestions were properly informed and not just utter nonsense (There are many gods that fit that description, that didn't make the list because I did not feel they needed changes). Would you really rather it be any other way?
    Last edited by democidist; 04-29-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •