Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Word of Thoth: Smite Mechanics and Formulae Guide

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Updated to note the changes as of the latest patch, including Gold Fury scaling, exact Titan numbers and more indepth Jungle camp numbers.

Future revisions will improve upon jungle scaling!

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead SkyRonin's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Great work on compiling all this data.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Whoever did all that work I heavily commend you.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    ИГра просто кулл

Senior Member Honoured LoudAndAnnoying's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Where do greaves fit in on CC diminishing returns? Do they get added to each other or are they multipliers?
    They say the children are the future; when you look at a MOBA community, you know the future will be bleak.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead recherche3's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I am still getting over the entirety of the first file in this thread, regarding the mechanics of the game. To be honest, considering I'm usually more inclined to study mechanics over gameplay (I do enjoy playing, though) it does seem like Smite differs a bit from other games (meaning it's elaborate enough to make a difference). To be honest, I do love the mechanics of DoTA - damage is clearer, reduction/mitigation is clearer and simpler. Same with most basic stuff - MS, AS, penetration... It's because implementations (as in the way effects are applied) are different and less diverse, which opens up possibilities for more modifications in less combinations. I prefer that, because it makes for a much more straightforward experience (in terms of gaming) and less need for introducing diminishing returns (in terms of mechanics). Introducing a better (and simpler) attack modifiers (e.g. orb-effects) would allow for a more focused and balanced item-selection as well allow much more items to emerge (non-stacking orb-effects would push a player to stick to a certain set role and allow for a more strict item build - therefore, changing gaming experience). My main point is: simpler sometimes is better, even at the cost of some originality. I come from DoTA and I miss orb-effects. I miss Black King Bar, Ghost Scepter, Ethereal blade and Diffusal Blade (naming items from DoTA that would be way too OP in Smite, because of mechanics, but allow for an extremely well-balanced turn of events during a team-fight in DoTA).

ps: Not saying make Smite more like DoTA, just look closer at better ways to simplify and purify the mechanics, because - let's face it - it can get better (so, you know - i'd appreciate the good tone, if you'd like to reply)