Thread: Game stuck in taskbar

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Post Game stuck in taskbar

Hello, I have been searching all over the web but unable to find a solution to my problem.

I have downloaded and installed SMITE but every time I run through the launcher the game turns the screen black and then minimizes down into the taskbar. I can click on the game and it comes up, turns into a black screen, then goes back into the task bar. I cannot play the game

I have tried re-installing, repairing, running as admin and in compatibility. I have done compatibility both for the launcher and the exe. When I try to run the exe in admin mode the launcher gives me an error. I am running windows 7. Nvidia gtx 460 is my graphics card.

Has anybody encountered this issue? Help would be appreciated.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Hi Killrham, could you perhaps record your problem and upload a video of it? It would be of great assistance to figuring out the problem.

- Rapio

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Hey, I'm no expert at this, but I just wanted to remind everyone to always update your drivers once in a while You might have an outdated Nvidia driver - you can check this by visiting their website.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    i was having the same problem you r going to need to get it off full screen mode. you can do this by editing the BattleSystemSettings.ini in C:\Users\owner\Documents\My Games\Smite\BattleGame\Config. i used notepad++. it will be on line 32. from there the game should load so u can change the settings in the game.

hope this helps

Support Tech Honoured HiRezLuongo's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Going to close this thread as it's pretty old.

Thanks for the extra solution benton23!

You could also potentially resolve this by running the game in windowed mode through the patcher.

Open the patcher, select the gear icon in the top right, and in the field that says "Optional game command line parameters" type in the following:

Code:
    -resx=1024 -resy=800 -windowed
    Then launch the game. You can change your video settings back once in game.

Cheers!
    Keep track of server issues and view server status here: Smite/HiRez Server Status